Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Non-Traditional Land Rover Club

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

new disco event

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

new disco event Empty
PostSubject: new disco event   new disco event I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2014 10:49 pm

I'm heading to the Disco event tomorrow in the city. I'm going with Carlos from Bronx Auto Works, Greg and Dan from NJLR.

For those who have not been following, the disco concept they revealed, today Gerry McGovern had said that it will be developed into the Discovery Sport. That is the badge that will replace the LR2. Built on the aluminum RRS frame. I will be uploading pics and info as I get it tomorrow to the Facebook page.

Looking forward to seeing the Discovery Sport go on sale next year and later this year we will hear about the mini Disco and the full size disco that will go on sale in 2016.

Exciting times!
Back to top Go down
https://nelrc.iftopic.com
qbenplaya00
Hardcore Lesbian
qbenplaya00

new disco event Empty
PostSubject: Re: new disco event   new disco event I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 2:47 am

oh your going to see the new ford explorer coming out ? if its that new pos disco they (TaTa) can keep that shit. totally take away from the "Discovery" and its roots and what it means to own one. i hate it with the passion of 1000 suns. guess no more camel trophy type of events.

just my 2cents
Back to top Go down
TOM R
NELRC Pack Leader
NELRC Pack Leader
TOM R

new disco event Empty
PostSubject: Re: new disco event   new disco event I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 10:37 am

Pics?
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

new disco event Empty
PostSubject: Re: new disco event   new disco event I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 2:17 pm

new disco event Land-Rover-Discovery-Vision-1
new disco event Land-Rover-Discovery-Vision-Concept-rear-side-view-white-background
Back to top Go down
Coniston
Jiffy Lube Tech

new disco event Empty
PostSubject: Re: new disco event   new disco event I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 2:37 pm

Looking forward to seeing it up-close tonight. I'm also hoping that this means that after ten years, Land Rover no longer thinks we're too stupid to understand words, and is dumping LR2/3/4 for a proper name like Discovery.
Back to top Go down
TOM R
NELRC Pack Leader
NELRC Pack Leader
TOM R

new disco event Empty
PostSubject: Re: new disco event   new disco event I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 3:52 pm

Wow it is a ford explorer
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

new disco event Empty
PostSubject: Re: new disco event   new disco event I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2014 10:38 am

I still can't get over how big the LR2 replacement the Discovery Sport will be. Wondering what other names we will see besides just Discovery & Discovery sport. we still have the smaller one which will be talked about later this year. Maybe Discovery SWB for the mini 5 seater?
Back to top Go down
Coniston
Jiffy Lube Tech

new disco event Empty
PostSubject: Re: new disco event   new disco event I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2014 1:56 pm

The best news I got out of them is that we are just about definitely getting diesel Land Rovers in the US next year. Apparently there's been some legal issue with the British Ford engine plant where they had to build their engines, and it's not until next year that they can develop their own global-ready engine technology that can work here.

So this may well be available in a 30MPG version...in the USA.
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

new disco event Empty
PostSubject: Re: new disco event   new disco event I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2014 9:59 pm

i wouldnt doubt we see 30+mpg with the aluminum chassis that is cutting so much weight.
Back to top Go down
qbenplaya00
Hardcore Lesbian
qbenplaya00

new disco event Empty
PostSubject: Re: new disco event   new disco event I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2014 4:49 am

still dont like it if it would come DIESEL TURBO 5/6 SPEED MANUAL!

(but sure as shit would look into it!!  Rolling Eyes  Embarassed )

come the ef on TaTa.... now lr brand is going to shyt. looking like every other car out in the market. ya i under stand things change but really? the vehicle you see above has no personality AT ALL. ya they might badge it a "discovery" but theres nothing to it that makes it what we know and love about them.
i remember when everyone bashed lr3/4 when they came out and seems like everyone wants one now. hell i got one. but i dont know i would get the same warm fuzzy feeling i get when i hope into my d1 and lr3.... Crying or Very sad 
Back to top Go down
TOM R
NELRC Pack Leader
NELRC Pack Leader
TOM R

new disco event Empty
PostSubject: Re: new disco event   new disco event I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2014 4:53 pm

Remember they are not marketing to lr wheeling enthusiests cause most of us can't afford em, they are marketing to the rich so needs to look like the porscha , BMW, Benz, etc. Days of the trophy are long gone, having a vehicle that stands out/stands alone is a thing of the past, looking different is not the in thing
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

new disco event Empty
PostSubject: Re: new disco event   new disco event I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 1:39 pm

im sure it will be a turbo diesel but most likely an 8 speed automatic.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

new disco event Empty
PostSubject: Re: new disco event   new disco event I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

new disco event
Page 1 of 1