Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Non-Traditional Land Rover Club

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

painted headliner

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

painted headliner Empty
PostSubject: painted headliner   painted headliner I_icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2014 4:35 pm

so yesterday i pulled the headliner on my se7 D1 with rear air/con... what a PITA. i have done it on a d2 and rrc i owned but this was the worst of the three. got it cleaned up and i started painting it. im still unsure if i event want it back in. originally i was going to keep the truck interior stock. but now im thinking i will pull the rear seats build some low profile drawers, lay down a wood floor with tie downs on top of that so i can strap pelicans and whatever else down. i went through a few cans of white rattle can on the headboard. the truck is alpine white and i don't think i've seen a white headboard. thoughts? i'm not throwing $100 in fiberglassing and bedlining the headboard so basically its either white, black, or none at all.
Back to top Go down
https://nelrc.iftopic.com
TOM R
NELRC Pack Leader
NELRC Pack Leader
TOM R

painted headliner Empty
PostSubject: Re: painted headliner   painted headliner I_icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2014 4:56 pm

I have rear a/c I feel your pain, painted mine, way hot without it, I also pulled my rear jump seats my rear storage is work in progress, read thread in my signature Smile
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

painted headliner Empty
PostSubject: Re: painted headliner   painted headliner I_icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2014 10:55 pm

how did you cut that panel for the back door? i like it. i had one from columbia overland in my D2. need one for my D1 now.
Back to top Go down
TOM R
NELRC Pack Leader
NELRC Pack Leader
TOM R

painted headliner Empty
PostSubject: Re: painted headliner   painted headliner I_icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2014 10:59 pm

Traced the old panel onto back of 14 gauge diamond plate, cut slow with jigsaw and a laminate counter top blade

Got to do the fold out shelf still
Back to top Go down
qbenplaya00
Hardcore Lesbian
qbenplaya00

painted headliner Empty
PostSubject: Re: painted headliner   painted headliner I_icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2014 6:57 pm

i am in same situation i just took out nasty head liner in mt d1 and i was thinking just leaving it as is... no rear a/c and no sun roofs. .... buddy of mine said i had a lot more options to hand stuff/storage without it. .... only daliy drivers need headliners...

ed ill grab 3rd row seats from you if you willing to part with them. (whole system included)
Back to top Go down
TOM R
NELRC Pack Leader
NELRC Pack Leader
TOM R

painted headliner Empty
PostSubject: Re: painted headliner   painted headliner I_icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2014 7:44 pm

I can sell my tan vynil jumps with seat belts but only have brackets for pass side, with rear air the drivers side are part of the a/c enclosure

Trust me painted looks bad when doing it but nice installed
Back to top Go down
Coniston
Jiffy Lube Tech

painted headliner Empty
PostSubject: Re: painted headliner   painted headliner I_icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2014 9:57 pm

Hilltoppersx wrote:
how did you cut that panel for the back door? i like it. i had one from columbia overland in my D2. need one for my D1 now.

Does the D2 work on the D1? I seem to remember reading that the rear tailgate is the only body piece in common between the D1 and D2, but don't quote me on that.
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

painted headliner Empty
PostSubject: Re: painted headliner   painted headliner I_icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2014 7:13 pm

Coniston wrote:

Hilltoppersx wrote:

Does the D2 work on the D1? I seem to remember reading that the rear tailgate is the only body piece in common between the D1 and D2, but don't quote me on that.

nope. different.

this was yesterday

painted headliner 2014-010

this is today

painted headliner 2014-011

Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

painted headliner Empty
PostSubject: Re: painted headliner   painted headliner I_icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2014 7:17 pm

TOM R wrote:
Traced the old panel onto back of 14 gauge diamond plate, cut slow with jigsaw and a laminate counter top blade

Got to do the fold out shelf still

meh... apartment dwellers don't have jigsaws. maybe i can try it with a 4" cutting blade....
Back to top Go down
TOM R
NELRC Pack Leader
NELRC Pack Leader
TOM R

painted headliner Empty
PostSubject: Re: painted headliner   painted headliner I_icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2014 9:52 pm

Hand held 18v jigsaw

H/l looks good, look better on the ceiling no direct lite showing paint imperfections, I have had people say how nice mine looks and cannot believe the cloths not sagging till I say its painted and they touch it lol
Back to top Go down
Coniston
Jiffy Lube Tech

painted headliner Empty
PostSubject: Re: painted headliner   painted headliner I_icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2014 11:09 pm

You be mad wicked pimpin'. Now all you need is some Louis Vuitton leather on your seats.

(Really wishing I could find the pics of the eBay auction from ten years ago that was on Dweb back then...if I remember, it was a pink D2 with Lambo doors and a cheap fake LV interior.)
Back to top Go down
Thebloody323
NELRC Original Gangsta
Thebloody323

painted headliner Empty
PostSubject: Re: painted headliner   painted headliner I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2014 11:30 am

There was some tool on the Land Rover's owners fb page with a non running P38 that had fake LV headliner. Also thought it a bright idea to say that a Land Rover wasn't meant for off roading... lmao dumb ass.
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

painted headliner Empty
PostSubject: Re: painted headliner   painted headliner I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 4:54 am

you have no idea how hard it is to keep peace on that facebook page with stuff like that posted.... i'm working on an e commerce site for that page to sell stickers and shirts and gear.
Back to top Go down
TOM R
NELRC Pack Leader
NELRC Pack Leader
TOM R

painted headliner Empty
PostSubject: Re: painted headliner   painted headliner I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 9:36 am

How bad do you think it wouldblow up if I post Toyota rules and rovers biggest junk ever made Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

painted headliner Empty
PostSubject: Re: painted headliner   painted headliner I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

painted headliner
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Truck Talk-
Jump to: