Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Non-Traditional Land Rover Club

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

new guy from CT

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
westy04
NELRC N00B
westy04

new guy from CT Empty
PostSubject: new guy from CT   new guy from CT I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2014 3:08 pm

New guy from CT, just picked up a 04 for a pretty good price. Currently it's a POS with a laundry list of problems, but I'm working on it slowly but surely to get it up to snuff to wheel at some of the club events. Hoping to meet some fellow rover enthusiasts in the near future, and mabye learn a thing or two.
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

new guy from CT Empty
PostSubject: Re: new guy from CT   new guy from CT I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2014 7:45 pm

Nice welcome to the forum, where in CT are you? I'm just over the border in Westchester. Whats wrong with the truck?
Back to top Go down
https://nelrc.iftopic.com
westy04
NELRC N00B
westy04

new guy from CT Empty
PostSubject: Re: new guy from CT   new guy from CT I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2014 7:52 pm

Hilltoppersx wrote:
Nice welcome to the forum, where in CT are you? I'm just over the border in Westchester. Whats wrong with the truck?

Willington by uconn, got the tick probably a slipped liner and alot of little things 02 sensors 3 amigos etc.
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

new guy from CT Empty
PostSubject: Re: new guy from CT   new guy from CT I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2014 8:01 pm

how bad is the tick? before you take everything apart you should check the bearings from below. do you have someone to read the ABS codes for the 3 amigos? i have an Amigo that can read them. If you get your truck sorted in time we will be having a Christmas time run in southeast CT so not far from you.
Back to top Go down
westy04
NELRC N00B
westy04

new guy from CT Empty
PostSubject: Re: new guy from CT   new guy from CT I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2014 8:17 pm

Hilltoppersx wrote:
how bad is the tick? before you take everything apart you should check the bearings from below. do you have someone to read the ABS codes for the 3 amigos? i have an Amigo that can read them. If you get your truck sorted in time we will be having a Christmas time run in southeast CT so not far from you.

The tick is only present when the truck heats up. Cold start it's not there. previous owner said he had the abs codes read came up bad rt front wheel sensor.
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

new guy from CT Empty
PostSubject: Re: new guy from CT   new guy from CT I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2014 7:17 am

ahh.. well if you need used parts there is a great parts guy in western CT named Paul Grant, i've bought hubs with sensors from him before.
Back to top Go down
westy04
NELRC N00B
westy04

new guy from CT Empty
PostSubject: Re: new guy from CT   new guy from CT I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2014 7:20 am

Hilltoppersx wrote:
ahh.. well if you need used parts there is a great parts guy in western CT named Paul Grant, i've bought hubs with sensors from him before.

Yeah I've heard of him, I just have to get organized and prioritize what needs to be fixed first this isn't my DD but I want it to be reliable enough to get to events, even if it's not ready by Dec maybe I can tag along with someone and get my "feet wet " in off roading.
Back to top Go down
Max Simmons
Still New Guy
Max Simmons

new guy from CT Empty
PostSubject: Re: new guy from CT   new guy from CT I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2014 1:14 pm

Welcome, Westy04. I'm in New Haven, so I'm sure we'll cross paths before long. I took my D1 off-road for the first time in May (after having had it for a year), and now I'm hooked.
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

new guy from CT Empty
PostSubject: Re: new guy from CT   new guy from CT I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 3:02 pm

I'm heading out to Rovers on the Rocks next weekend, Dan Grip has a brand new hub assembly with wheel sensor for your truck if you are interested he's asking $225. I can save the shipping for you and bring it back from PA with me. If you are interested let me know, he posts on here rarely.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

new guy from CT Empty
PostSubject: Re: new guy from CT   new guy from CT I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

new guy from CT
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Introductions-
Jump to: