Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Non-Traditional Land Rover Club

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

new guy from LI, NY

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
MM3846
NELRC N00B

new guy from LI, NY Empty
PostSubject: new guy from LI, NY   new guy from LI, NY I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2014 9:24 am

figured I'd join up here and say hello. i jumped the jeep ship and bought my first rover 9 months ago, a 95 D1. bought it from the original owner with a very good, all-dealer maintained service history. it had 118k on it when i bought it, has 128k now. i've always wanted a D1, and i've fallen in love with this thing. it's taken me on a couple trips out east to montauk, a trip to rausch creek and a trip to new hampshire. hopefully building a set of sliders and a front bumper this winter to be ready for next season.

nothing crazy as far as mods go, i plan on keeping this thing close to stock. i'm running 245/75-16 cooper AT3s, two light bars, and wired up some aux gauges to keep an eye on things.

new guy from LI, NY 14367795468_1117f1c7d0_z

new guy from LI, NY 14974131562_237d5e04e7_z
Back to top Go down
TOM R
NELRC Pack Leader
NELRC Pack Leader
TOM R

PostSubject: Re: new guy from LI, NY   new guy from LI, NY I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2014 11:22 am

Welcome, rovers have their issues but are nice to drive and great off road, there's a bunch of great guys and gals here

You will probly notice a different demeanor with us vs . The jeep crowed, this club is laid back and likes having clean fun so to speak Smile
Back to top Go down
MM3846
NELRC N00B

PostSubject: Re: new guy from LI, NY   new guy from LI, NY I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2014 1:08 pm

i'm on dweb and LR forums already, figured i'd join a more local-ish one.
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: new guy from LI, NY   new guy from LI, NY I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2014 2:16 pm

great photos! we will be at Rausch this weekend for Rovers on the Rocks. also planning a winter trip in jersey.
Back to top Go down
https://nelrc.iftopic.com
TOM R
NELRC Pack Leader
NELRC Pack Leader
TOM R

PostSubject: Re: new guy from LI, NY   new guy from LI, NY I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2014 4:48 pm

YEAH gonna miss this weekend, working in va grrr Mad Mad
Back to top Go down
MM3846
NELRC N00B

PostSubject: Re: new guy from LI, NY   new guy from LI, NY I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2014 8:42 pm

its waaaay to effing cold at rausch this time of year Laughing
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: new guy from LI, NY   new guy from LI, NY I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2014 11:31 pm

lots of people hotel it at the hampton inn.. only the crazies are camping
Back to top Go down
https://nelrc.iftopic.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: new guy from LI, NY   new guy from LI, NY I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

new guy from LI, NY
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Introductions-
Jump to: