Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Non-Traditional Land Rover Club

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

traction mats

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
TOM R
NELRC Pack Leader
NELRC Pack Leader
TOM R

traction mats Empty
PostSubject: traction mats   traction mats I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2015 9:59 am

We got a chance to use these to recover Dave's d1 at the annual said I would post a link, worked great very flexible, I would not bridge with them , best price I have found is from this seller, same guy I bought mine from

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Escape-Buddy-extraction-ramps-set-of-2-4x4-Off-road-recovery-devices-/111641553079?hash=item19fe5ae8b7
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

traction mats Empty
PostSubject: Re: traction mats   traction mats I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2015 11:13 am

yeah for bridging i would use PSP... i use to carry that around as well, but fuck me it's heavy. i sold it to John out in Pittsburgh to mount on the side of his ex-mod truck
Back to top Go down
https://nelrc.iftopic.com
dcarr1971
Custom CDL Installer
dcarr1971

traction mats Empty
PostSubject: Re: traction mats   traction mats I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2015 3:26 pm

Yeah...I played around with the ones I hauled over to John's...I don't think I'd want to use them for bridging a real gap though. PSP is designed to be laid out on the ground to improve the surface. (Think building a temporary runway in a flat-ish field, or a path to move equipment across soft ground.) They were heavy and pretty stiff, but for anything bigger than a small pot hole (certainly no more than 24") I doubt they would hold a Disco without bending.
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

traction mats Empty
PostSubject: Re: traction mats   traction mats I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2015 3:38 pm

oh yeah i agree 100%. i dont think you could lay them across anything without support but they could easily be turned into bridging material with some additional support. also good for sand
Back to top Go down
https://nelrc.iftopic.com
CRUm
Mud Tire Addict

traction mats Empty
PostSubject: Re: traction mats   traction mats I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2015 7:44 pm

I was in Morroco, years ago for work. My driver was a guy named Hassan. Every time his un-airconditioned 110 would sink into the sand he would curse, drink a tea, and put the floor mats under the wheels. Happened 3 or 4 times and they worked every time. Land Rover rubber floor mats are all traction mat you will ever need.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

traction mats Empty
PostSubject: Re: traction mats   traction mats I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

traction mats
Page 1 of 1