Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Non-Traditional Land Rover Club

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Venting Shit like axles...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
DiscoSux
Forum Asshole
DiscoSux

Venting Shit like axles... Empty
PostSubject: Venting Shit like axles...   Venting Shit like axles... I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 10:54 pm

Has anyone done a homemade vent kit? I apparently need to fix mine up as I had water in my front diff and it was under pressure. I know I need to check the seals but I figure I would get it vented first.

What all needs to be vented other than the axles? Anyone change the fittings in the axles or other places?

I will do my homework and pick up all the stuff from McMaster before I pay $60 for a "kit". I have good tubing from work so I just need to figure out the fittings.

Last edited by DiscoSux on Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
airbornrover
ABS Modulator Fondler

PostSubject: Re: Venting Shit like axles...   Venting Shit like axles... I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 2:48 am

When was the last time you changed out your axle fluids?, to the time you noticed the contamination? If you axle doesnt have a vent then I would just change out your fluids and maybe the seals(if you see a need to).
Back to top Go down
DiscoSux
Forum Asshole
DiscoSux

PostSubject: Re: Venting Shit like axles...   Venting Shit like axles... I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 8:35 am

airbornrover wrote:
When was the last time you changed out your axle fluids?, to the time you noticed the contamination? If you axle doesnt have a vent then I would just change out your fluids and maybe the seals(if you see a need to).

The axle has a vent, it is just clogged. If its clogged then it may be leaking out of the seal. I figure I would get the vent working and change the fluid before I get into changing the seals. I have an aversion to changing seals unless I know it is leaking for sure.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Venting Shit like axles...   Venting Shit like axles... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Venting Shit like axles...
Page 1 of 1