Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Non-Traditional Land Rover Club

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Rovers On The Rocks

Go down 
+2
Hilltoppersx
Long Haul
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Long Haul
NELRC Original Gangsta
Long Haul

Rovers On The Rocks Empty
PostSubject: Rovers On The Rocks   Rovers On The Rocks I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 10:56 pm

Is anyone going to ROTR at Rausch Creek November 13 and 14 ??
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: Rovers On The Rocks   Rovers On The Rocks I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 11:56 am

you know I will be there!! I'm still trying to decide if im going Fri night or Sat morning. Brett said he is going. I know we have a few guys who emailed me back saying they were going to try and make it to ROTR cuz they missed the outing last month.
Back to top Go down
https://nelrc.iftopic.com
Long Haul
NELRC Original Gangsta
Long Haul

PostSubject: Re: Rovers On The Rocks   Rovers On The Rocks I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 11:26 pm

Yeah I think im gonna burn some vacation time up and go up friday......not sure if i'll camp or hotel yet, depends on what the old lady wants to do Rolling Eyes

Hopefully I'll have my ARB's and gears in this weekend an broken in before I go
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: Rovers On The Rocks   Rovers On The Rocks I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 9:59 pm

im gonna wait to see the weather if its nice fri ill head up then. im thinking of taking my back seat out of my rig and setting it up so i can just sleep in the back. considering my old lady doesnt even want to go! haha..
Back to top Go down
Long Haul
NELRC Original Gangsta
Long Haul

PostSubject: Re: Rovers On The Rocks   Rovers On The Rocks I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 8:46 pm

Got my ARB's in and 4.37 gears yesterday hopefully i'll get a few more miles on them before I head up. I just gotta pull the front one back out I got one hell of an air leak on it but im not gonna let that stop me from going. The old lady said the same thing about pulling the seat out an sleeping in there but im not sure if your D2 has more room then the D1 but it looks a little tight for sleeping in there. We mightjust get a tent(depends on the weather).
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: Rovers On The Rocks   Rovers On The Rocks I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 9:01 pm

Extra 6"in the d2 I'm going to build a box to fill the rear seat foot well, should leave plenty of room. I got a cb installed getting tires ordered thursday from treadwright
Back to top Go down
Long Haul
NELRC Original Gangsta
Long Haul

PostSubject: Re: Rovers On The Rocks   Rovers On The Rocks I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 9:03 pm

Yeah an extra 6" would be nice. What size tires did you end up going with?
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: Rovers On The Rocks   Rovers On The Rocks I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 9:17 pm

Still have not decided lol. Thinking 265/75. They are on sale right now anything bigger and I will ned to regear and do something about the cross member getting hit by the prop
Back to top Go down
Long Haul
NELRC Original Gangsta
Long Haul

PostSubject: Re: Rovers On The Rocks   Rovers On The Rocks I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 10:46 pm

I think the 265's will work out pretty good for you with that lift.

Yeah Im kinda kickin myself for goin with 4.37's there just a little to low for highway speeds now but that always gives me an excuse to put another 1-2" lift an 35's cheers

Yeah just my stupid way of thinking
Back to top Go down
durt d1ver
NELRC Original Gangsta
durt d1ver

PostSubject: Re: Rovers On The Rocks   Rovers On The Rocks I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 8:26 pm

I'm not sure if i'll be going. Unsure whether i'll be able to take off work, and I may have a head gasket replacement in the near future.
Back to top Go down
Long Haul
NELRC Original Gangsta
Long Haul

PostSubject: Re: Rovers On The Rocks   Rovers On The Rocks I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 12:43 am

durt d1ver wrote:
I'm not sure if i'll be going. Unsure whether i'll be able to take off work, and I may have a head gasket replacement in the near future.

Uh Oh not the dreaded head gaskets. Well hopefully you can make it but I know the feeling I just dumped a bunch of money in mine just to get it to pass state inspection.
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: the info on ROTR   Rovers On The Rocks I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 7:11 am

Come join Roverlab and Lucky8 on Nov 12th & 13th for Rovers on the Rocks 2 at Rausch Creek!

This will be the 2nd ever Land Rover ONLY Rock Challenge!
There will be 2 classes again, Expedition class 32in tires and under, O...pen class 33in to 36in tires:

The Low down:
Both Rover Lab and L8 will be there at 10am Friday and Saturday.
The Rock Challenge begins at 1pm Saturday.
The Land Rover Rock Challenge is included in your admission to Rausch Creek, but please let us know if you want to compete.

On Saturday night we will have the awards dinner at the Comfort Inn with catering from Buddies Log Cabin again.
The dinner will be $20 per person.
No indoor campfires, please.

L8 and Roverlab will be staying at the Comfort Inn. The rooms are $60.50 a night and $10 extra for dogs. We have a block of rooms set aside so when you call just let them know you are coming for Rovers on the Rocks.
The phone number is 570 345 8031

If you don’t want the hotel room camping is free at Rausch Creek.

If you have any question please feel free to email me at
Justin@Lucky8llc.com
Back to top Go down
Long Haul
NELRC Original Gangsta
Long Haul

PostSubject: Re: Rovers On The Rocks   Rovers On The Rocks I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 7:43 am

Whooops guess I got th wrong dates in my post. I guess the girlfriend said were gonna do the hotel thing. Im not to fond of camping myself when its cold out anyhow. I plan on trying to be there around lunch time Fri if anyone is interested in doing a little trail riding.
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: going to die   Rovers On The Rocks I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 5:02 pm

i was going to sleep in my truck but now im bringing a buddy of mine so i think the tent will have to do. unless i can figure out something else out. will be hard fitting two bodies in the back with gear and a spare.... guess its time to look for a roof rack! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Long Haul
NELRC Original Gangsta
Long Haul

PostSubject: Re: Rovers On The Rocks   Rovers On The Rocks I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 1:01 am

Yeah 2 guys in the back of a rover would be a little uncomfortable lol. Im actually going tomorow or saturday to look at a 97 XD so I might have a his and hers up there. But im still leaning twards a hotel, I live in a truck for weeks on end im not gonna do it on my vacation.
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: Rovers On The Rocks   Rovers On The Rocks I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 12:47 pm

change of plans. its freezing out there we are getting a hotel. LOL. we will be in the hotel Sat night for the dinner and awards and mayhem to follow.
Back to top Go down
Long Haul
NELRC Original Gangsta
Long Haul

PostSubject: Re: Rovers On The Rocks   Rovers On The Rocks I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 5:38 am

Im having a change of plans also. I wont be up untill sat morning (damn work) im stuck in boston right now and wont be home till late tonight.
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: Rovers On The Rocks   Rovers On The Rocks I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 9:43 am

i think im going to try and get there around 9 to RC. i have to stop at Bretts house and pick up a roof rack he got for me. luckily his house is on the way. leaving my place at 5 fuckin 30.
Back to top Go down
Long Haul
NELRC Original Gangsta
Long Haul

PostSubject: Re: Rovers On The Rocks   Rovers On The Rocks I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 10:19 am

Yeah I'll probably be gettin up at the 5 fuckin 30 hour myself. Did you get an SD rack by chance?
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: Rovers On The Rocks   Rovers On The Rocks I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 11:44 am

no i actually got a full length Garvin Wilderness rack. pretty excited about it though. got it for only $300 and it is in really good shape.
Back to top Go down
Long Haul
NELRC Original Gangsta
Long Haul

PostSubject: Re: Rovers On The Rocks   Rovers On The Rocks I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 12:36 am

Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: Rovers On The Rocks   Rovers On The Rocks I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 9:00 am

some good pics of the rock crawl you guys got, the only pic of me is my broke ass rig! haha... damn you shitty battery terminals! never again... looking at mil-spec terminals but i cant find a dual cable like hte one our positive cable runs... hmmm
Back to top Go down
Long Haul
NELRC Original Gangsta
Long Haul

PostSubject: Re: Rovers On The Rocks   Rovers On The Rocks I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 9:14 am

LOL I didnt realise Corie took that when we where standing there. I saw it and had to post that for you. Hopefully the bungee straps are still holding?? Try NAPA on those terminals I used to carry something similar to the mil-spec with the 2 wire when I was pushing parts. I have some more Pics of the competition I just have to load them yet.
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: Rovers On The Rocks   Rovers On The Rocks I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 9:28 am

hell yeah those Bungees are holding great! i heard Napa had them will have to check it out. Was also contemplating going to a double battery setup. With the roof rack I don't fit in my garage at my apartment any longer so i have to take it off to get my new hub in so i can have some TC at the next outing.

Mike shot a lot of video, Tuesday I am going to get it from him and edit it down. I don't have many pics although I do have one of you on top of one of those hills.
Back to top Go down
Long Haul
NELRC Original Gangsta
Long Haul

PostSubject: Re: Rovers On The Rocks   Rovers On The Rocks I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 6:19 pm

Good deal cant wait to see them. To bad the only pic we got of yours was with the hood up LOL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rovers On The Rocks   Rovers On The Rocks I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rovers On The Rocks
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next