Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Non-Traditional Land Rover Club

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

How high is too high?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

How high is too high? Empty
PostSubject: How high is too high?   How high is too high? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 1:45 pm

so i got my Terrafirma +2" HD lift in. now im thinking of spacers to get the body away from the ground just a bit more. I don't want to go crazy with having to start replacing all sorts of shit. I plan on putting on longer brake lines. I already dislocated the ABS lines so they have more slack. I don't mind getting rid of the rotoflex for a u joint. do you think i could get away with more than 1" spacers without having to dump all sorts of money? i'm not getting bigger tires. my plan is to throw a few more bucks at this rig and be done with it. i want to start saving for my next truck so the only money i will be putting in will be maitenance. what you guys think? i was thinking of the toddco spacers.
Back to top Go down
https://nelrc.iftopic.com
Long Haul
NELRC Original Gangsta
Long Haul

PostSubject: Re: How high is too high?   How high is too high? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 1:53 pm

8" is too high thats why I stopped at 7" What a Face you should be fine at 2" + spacers if you ditch the rotoflex. I think Dave Schramm is running 3" on his DII so you might wanna let him chime in on that. Could also go 1" body lift so you dont have to deal with any driveline issues.
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: How high is too high?   How high is too high? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 5:56 pm

im thinking toddco 2" is the way 2 go... ill talk 2 Fodge first see how he's rolling.
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: How high is too high?   How high is too high? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 8:56 pm

1" you will be fine.. 2" you'll be pushing it you'll need to ditch the roto.

I have all sorts of wobbles and vibes now. I think my shocks arent mixing with the extra lift all though you should be fine if you have the terrafirma 3" travel shocks.

Give the toddco's a shot and if you dont like them take them out and sell them.
Back to top Go down
dschramm
3 Amigos Detective
dschramm

PostSubject: Re: How high is too high?   How high is too high? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 9:14 pm

I'm running the TF 3" lift.i replaced the break lines,front radius arms hd steering and Woddy driveshafts front and back.it rides well on the street.have not had a chance to take it off road yet.and it's looking like it will be rovers on the rocks when i do.
i need rear arms and the watts linkage to finish off the suspension
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: How high is too high?   How high is too high? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 7:03 am

dschramm wrote:
I'm running the TF 3" lift.i replaced the break lines,front radius arms hd steering and Woddy driveshafts front and back.it rides well on the street.have not had a chance to take it off road yet.and it's looking like it will be rovers on the rocks when i do.
i need rear arms and the watts linkage to finish off the suspension

was the 3" TF lift a true 3" lift? my 2" yielded 2 1/4" all the way around. you had to correct radius arms at 3"? or you did it as a precaution?
Back to top Go down
dschramm
3 Amigos Detective
dschramm

PostSubject: Re: How high is too high?   How high is too high? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 8:13 am

3" all around.
i did the radius arms due to the steering was a little off.since it is a daily driver for the rugrat.
if u r the only driver of the truck u could probably live with it.i just feel,if ur going to do a lift u do it right.
i just ran out of money to finish the rear arms and watts linkage.

i love the ride and the look.i'm running 265 ssr swampers at the moment.looking to go 285 or pizza cutter 34's when i have the money.
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: How high is too high?   How high is too high? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 9:08 am

yeah im the only driver and i only use it to drive to off-road events and off-road. i run 265 m/t's right now. Once i get my snorkel and diff guards fitted i will make a decision about the spacers. Could be as little as 1 inch but i feel like if im going to do it i might as well do it and just get the toddco 2.5" lol... but then I know im going to be throwing money at this thing for radius arms and the watts.
Back to top Go down
KingKong8247
ABS Modulator Fondler
KingKong8247

PostSubject: Re: How high is too high?   How high is too high? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 10:50 pm

My front drive shaft didn't last too long with OME 2" and 1.5" spacer
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: How high is too high?   How high is too high? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 1:37 am

KingKong8247 wrote:
My front drive shaft didn't last too long with OME 2" and 1.5" spacer

BILLYS BACK!! I'm taking it you started school huh?

D2's have the DC shaft stock! (we got shafted... literally) Which means they usually hold up with a bit of extra lift.

Once I put my RTE's and spacers on my truck my front shaft angle was horrible...

Still likeing that Tom Woods shaft?? No vibrations?? Might start saving for one.
Back to top Go down
KingKong8247
ABS Modulator Fondler
KingKong8247

PostSubject: Re: How high is too high?   How high is too high? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 3:17 am

Yeah I'm always lurking here and there,

The TW's has been holding up great. The rest of the truck is starting to decline though haha. More oil leaks of course as soon as school starts.
Back to top Go down
dschramm
3 Amigos Detective
dschramm

PostSubject: Re: How high is too high?   How high is too high? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 9:20 am

i did the TW's at the same time as the lift.save time and money to do it at the same time.
i did the front axles and lockers at the same time.
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: How high is too high?   How high is too high? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 10:06 am

dschramm wrote:
i did the TW's at the same time as the lift.save time and money to do it at the same time.
i did the front axles and lockers at the same time.

Yea I'm saving to do lockers and axles next year. What lockers do you have again?
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: How high is too high?   How high is too high? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 6:49 pm

yeah i would have to replace the rear shaft with a tom woods if i do spacers.
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: How high is too high?   How high is too high? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 6:52 pm

Hilltoppersx wrote:
yeah i would have to replace the rear shaft with a tom woods if i do spacers.

Yea that would be your best bet. I need to lengthen my arms a little to see if I can get my pinion angle down a bit..
Back to top Go down
dschramm
3 Amigos Detective
dschramm

PostSubject: Re: How high is too high?   How high is too high? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 7:28 am

i have ARB's front and back.
if i had to do it again,i would go with Detroit in the back and a Truetrac up front.but I'm happy with what I've done.
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: How high is too high?   How high is too high? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 12:56 pm

dschramm wrote:
if i had to do it again,i would go with Detroit in the back and a Truetrac up front.but I'm happy with what I've done.

Yea I'm going to run detroit rear truetrac front.. I dont really want to deal with the air leaks, compressors and other stuff that comes along with air lockers.. - oh and the price.
Back to top Go down
Long Haul
NELRC Original Gangsta
Long Haul

PostSubject: Re: How high is too high?   How high is too high? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 1:44 pm

dschramm wrote:

I'll take the ARB's off your hands if you wanna get rid of them Very Happy
I love my ARB's other then always trying to find air leaks. I like to be able to turn them on and off instead of always on.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How high is too high?   How high is too high? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How high is too high?
Page 1 of 1