Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Non-Traditional Land Rover Club

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Installing a Safari snorkel

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

Installing a Safari snorkel Empty
PostSubject: Installing a Safari snorkel   Installing a Safari snorkel I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 2:11 pm

Back to top Go down
https://nelrc.iftopic.com
durt d1ver
NELRC Original Gangsta
durt d1ver

PostSubject: Re: Installing a Safari snorkel   Installing a Safari snorkel I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 11:06 pm

Did you install yours yet?
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: Installing a Safari snorkel   Installing a Safari snorkel I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 8:32 am

not yet. i need to buy more tools if im going to do it myself. i need a different drill and a hole saw, and some cutting discs for my grinder and a punch and a few other things....
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: Installing a Safari snorkel   Installing a Safari snorkel I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 10:39 am

Hilltoppersx wrote:
not yet. i need to buy more tools if im going to do it myself. i need a different drill and a hole saw, and some cutting discs for my grinder and a punch and a few other things....

I have everything you need minus the hole saw if you want to come out here and do it
Back to top Go down
Long Haul
NELRC Original Gangsta
Long Haul

PostSubject: Re: Installing a Safari snorkel   Installing a Safari snorkel I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 10:42 am

Jake wrote:
Hilltoppersx wrote:

I have everything you need minus the hole saw if you want to come out here and do it

Who needs a hole saw ill bring the plasma
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: Installing a Safari snorkel   Installing a Safari snorkel I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 2:16 pm

yeah? you guys wanna help a brother out? when's a good time?
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: Installing a Safari snorkel   Installing a Safari snorkel I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 2:22 pm

Hilltoppersx wrote:
yeah? you guys wanna help a brother out? when's a good time?

Brians coming down here Sunday I believe depending on what his load sheet says.

I'm doing swivel preload - welding some stuff and maybe installing the truetrac if there is time.

We should probably start early if you guys have other stuff to do too...
Back to top Go down
durt d1ver
NELRC Original Gangsta
durt d1ver

PostSubject: Re: Installing a Safari snorkel   Installing a Safari snorkel I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 2:27 pm

You could borrow my hole saw set, although i'm a little out of the way for you. Or just stop at a hf on the way and pick up a set they're like $10.

Last edited by durt d1ver on Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: Installing a Safari snorkel   Installing a Safari snorkel I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 2:30 pm

durt d1ver wrote:
You could borrow y hole saw set, although i'm a little out of the way for you. Or just stop at a hf on the way and pick up a set they're like $10.

Yea my local HF is like 15 mins away I have a cutting blade or two for the grinder.. No fancy dremel tool although I should get one.

You get your diff guards on Ed?
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: Installing a Safari snorkel   Installing a Safari snorkel I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 2:42 pm

nope. no diff guards yet. i was thinking of contactin teh local pipefitters union and asking if anyone wants to make some cash on the side...

brett was running around like crazy trying to get his new truck so all we did was get the hub on and i had to rebuild the xyz again. if we had more time we could have done the snorkel for sure. the closest harbor freight is a good hour from me when there is no traffic.
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: Installing a Safari snorkel   Installing a Safari snorkel I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 2:49 pm

Hilltoppersx wrote:
nope. no diff guards yet. i was thinking of contactin teh local pipefitters union and asking if anyone wants to make some cash on the side...

brett was running around like crazy trying to get his new truck so all we did was get the hub on and i had to rebuild the xyz again. if we had more time we could have done the snorkel for sure. the closest harbor freight is a good hour from me when there is no traffic.

Well shit if you come on Sunday bring all the projects that you have with and we will see what we can get done.
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: Installing a Safari snorkel   Installing a Safari snorkel I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 3:18 pm

i dont think i can swing it on sunday. its going to cost me over $200 just for gas and tolls. I don't have that kinda money right now.
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: Installing a Safari snorkel   Installing a Safari snorkel I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 3:20 pm

Hilltoppersx wrote:
i dont think i can swing it on sunday. its going to cost me over $200 just for gas and tolls. I don't have that kinda money right now.

i hear ya and if you spend $200 on all the tools you need at least you'll get some sweet tools out of it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: Installing a Safari snorkel   Installing a Safari snorkel I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 3:04 pm

Here is a good video for D1's. it applies to the V8 too it's the same snorkel

https://youtu.be/ZMvNU7VgLJ4
Back to top Go down
devildog01
Industrial Strength Dickhead
devildog01

PostSubject: Re: Installing a Safari snorkel   Installing a Safari snorkel I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 12:35 am

I'm working on a new snorkel setup.
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: Installing a Safari snorkel   Installing a Safari snorkel I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 8:06 am

devildog01 wrote:

Why?
Back to top Go down
devildog01
devildog01

PostSubject: Re: Installing a Safari snorkel   Installing a Safari snorkel I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 12:53 pm

Hilltoppersx wrote:
devildog01 wrote:

Why?

Because Jack Daniels gets my creative "juices" flowing.
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: Installing a Safari snorkel   Installing a Safari snorkel I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 1:03 pm

devildog01 wrote:
Hilltoppersx wrote:
devildog01 wrote:

Why?

Because Jack Daniels gets my creative "juices" flowing.

Please lock your truck in the garage and give your wife the keys before you pick up the bottle
Back to top Go down
devildog01
devildog01

PostSubject: Re: Installing a Safari snorkel   Installing a Safari snorkel I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 10:38 pm

I'm drinking and thinking not drinking and driving.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Installing a Safari snorkel   Installing a Safari snorkel I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Installing a Safari snorkel
Page 1 of 1