Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Non-Traditional Land Rover Club

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Lift laws suck

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Long Haul
NELRC Original Gangsta
Long Haul

Lift laws suck Empty
PostSubject: Lift laws suck   Lift laws suck I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 3:40 pm

Just got busted because my bumpers are too high. Fucking bullshit! It really doesnt bother me but everyone around with Jeeps with 38"s and bumpers a foot higher then mine dont get bothered thats what gets me. Oh well guess I'm just gonna pay the fine and get on with life.
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

Lift laws suck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lift laws suck   Lift laws suck I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 5:27 pm

WHAT!? lol... that is just crazy. we dont have anything like that in NY. how much is the fine? what type of cop was it?
Back to top Go down
https://nelrc.iftopic.com
Long Haul
NELRC Original Gangsta
Long Haul

Lift laws suck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lift laws suck   Lift laws suck I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 6:29 pm

It was state police. My rover is registered a station wagon and bumper/ frame height cant be no higher then 22" well mines about 32". More or less im gonna have to register it as a 3/4 ton truck to meet bumper height requirements, basically $100 a year to register it now. I'm not sure the fine yet it has to go through the courthouse till I find out my fine, but the officer said its about $100-150 but itll be double that since I have a CDL license. At least I wasnt the only one in town that got busted I seen 4 other guys pulled over with the measuring tape out. I'm not suposed to move the truck untill I get my new registration then I have to take it and get it inspected then take it to the police barracks untill I can drive it again.
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

Lift laws suck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lift laws suck   Lift laws suck I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 6:36 pm

that sucks!!!
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

Lift laws suck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lift laws suck   Lift laws suck I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 10:28 am

i saw a pic of a monster truck on dweb looked like the guy had fabbed up some removable bumper that dropped down to the legal height. probally removes it when he gets to the car crushing stadium.
Back to top Go down
Long Haul
NELRC Original Gangsta
Long Haul

Lift laws suck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lift laws suck   Lift laws suck I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 11:23 am

Yeah I see a lot of guys with what looks like an upside down push bar on there trucks. Guess im gonna have to make some thing bolt on or easily removable. The officer did say I could use something like that in a receiver mount on the rear but it had to be semi permanant on the front, but it can only be 6-8" drop below the frame so Im still stuck with truck registration either way.
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

Lift laws suck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lift laws suck   Lift laws suck I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 12:34 am

taking my truck in to be inspected tomorrow. Honestly I am scared to measure mine and I am scared what the inspection station says when they see my truck...
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

Lift laws suck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lift laws suck   Lift laws suck I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 8:28 pm

Jake wrote:
taking my truck in to be inspected tomorrow. Honestly I am scared to measure mine and I am scared what the inspection station says when they see my truck...

The guy I took my truck to is way cool. Luckily I passed. One of my pads was real low because one of my rear wheel bearings is shot..
Back to top Go down
Long Haul
NELRC Original Gangsta
Long Haul

Lift laws suck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lift laws suck   Lift laws suck I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 10:11 am

Just received my fine it ended up being $235. So yeah check the local laws on lifting your truck more than 3-4" unless you want to deal with this bull shit. Ed I did notice a lot of guys with big lifts in Ny have commercial tags that might be the same as Pa just different wording.
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

Lift laws suck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lift laws suck   Lift laws suck I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 10:40 am

ill have to check it out.. i know any pickup is a commercial tag in NY. that fine SUCKS!
Back to top Go down
durt d1ver
NELRC Original Gangsta
durt d1ver

Lift laws suck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lift laws suck   Lift laws suck I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 11:45 pm

In nj, anything over 2" requires a special inspection, with a stability test. And the maximum amount that you can lift the trucktruck depends on the gvwr of the truck, and the sill height of a stock truck.

Fine in nj is $130
Back to top Go down
Long Haul
NELRC Original Gangsta
Long Haul

Lift laws suck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lift laws suck   Lift laws suck I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 11:49 pm

So I shouldnt move to Nj and try to get it inspected? Or even drive through?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Lift laws suck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lift laws suck   Lift laws suck I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lift laws suck
Page 1 of 1