Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Non-Traditional Land Rover Club

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Parts question - Rear pinion flange.

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

Parts question - Rear pinion flange.  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Parts question - Rear pinion flange.    Parts question - Rear pinion flange.  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 9:43 am

apatrizzi wrote:
I need to get out and wheel it more. I have yet to have it on any kind of rocks. i only got it about 6 months ago. so its been a lot of maintenance, repairs and "preparation" . I've had it out in the pines a bunch but theres not a rock for miles (i looked bc i needed wheel chocks).

I'd like to tackle Rausch sooner than later, but waiting on my buddy to get his jeep together is putting a serious delay on it. Plus im still sorting things out a little myself, i dont want to get up there and break something instantly and be 3 hours from home.

i wouldn't wait for a jeep. except maybe stan. you have thousands more in upgrades then i had the first time i went to Rausch. you'll be fine. not to mention there is always guys willing to rip parts off their trucks and help u turn a wrench to make sure you can get home.

if i were you i would just go to rovers on the rocks and wheel it. i think you will be pleasantly suprised.
Back to top Go down
https://nelrc.iftopic.com
Long Haul
NELRC Original Gangsta
Long Haul

PostSubject: Re: Parts question - Rear pinion flange.    Parts question - Rear pinion flange.  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 10:43 am

I think the biggest thing to worry about at Rausch is diff gaurds and some HD steering. But Ed's right its worth going and checking it out. Hell I think most of us have seen Fodge wheel his stock D2 without mutch problems (besides picking up all of the plastic pieces off his truck and a flat tire). For the most part there is bypasses to go around most of the harder obsticals.
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: Parts question - Rear pinion flange.    Parts question - Rear pinion flange.  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 11:25 am

and he got the flat the first time he went thru stock on 18's and street tires! the second time he has 16's and proper MT's but still no lift.

This will be my 5th time to Rausch and this time is the first time i wil have HD steering on. mainly because my stock steering got beat up so badly the past 2 times i went.
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: Parts question - Rear pinion flange.    Parts question - Rear pinion flange.  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 12:01 pm

Hilltoppersx wrote:
and he got the flat the first time he went thru stock on 18's and street tires! the second time he has 16's and proper MT's but still no lift.

This will be my 5th time to Rausch and this time is the first time i wil have HD steering on. mainly because my stock steering got beat up so badly the past 2 times i went.

Thats awesome! Think you'll have sliders on by then too?

Brian is right, you should worry about diff guards and sliders on the rocks. When I was under my truck the other day I realized I hit my gas tank skid hard at Robesonia and there's a nice bit of rash on it. Probably would have been in trouble if I had that stock POS on there.
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: Parts question - Rear pinion flange.    Parts question - Rear pinion flange.  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 12:04 pm

no sliders yet.... still fighting this woman that ran into my ford. still possible but most unlikely.
Back to top Go down
durt d1ver
NELRC Original Gangsta
durt d1ver

PostSubject: Re: Parts question - Rear pinion flange.    Parts question - Rear pinion flange.  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 7:02 pm

I ran greens, blues, and select blacks at Rausch when my truck was completely stock.
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: Parts question - Rear pinion flange.    Parts question - Rear pinion flange.  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2011 12:48 am

durt d1ver wrote:
I ran greens, blues, and select blacks at Rausch when my truck was completely stock.

Kids these days.. they are all scared to wheel with stock trucks.. back in the day when my truck was stock.. jk my truck wasnt even stock when i bought it.
Back to top Go down
apatrizzi
Brake Light Switch Repairman
apatrizzi

PostSubject: Re: Parts question - Rear pinion flange.    Parts question - Rear pinion flange.  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2011 4:36 pm

I have no problems tackling trails. but i haven't been able to hook up with anyone for group rides. much less anyone that knows their way around up there. that's why I'm so glad to have found NELRC.

Back to top Go down
apatrizzi
apatrizzi

PostSubject: Re: Parts question - Rear pinion flange.    Parts question - Rear pinion flange.  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2011 4:37 pm

on the up side. my speakers started working again last night. what a relief. next mission is to move the amp from under the seats to mounted on the back of the rear seats.
Back to top Go down
durt d1ver
NELRC Original Gangsta
durt d1ver

PostSubject: Re: Parts question - Rear pinion flange.    Parts question - Rear pinion flange.  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2011 4:55 pm

I have most of the place mapped out on my gps. It'll be a good trip
Back to top Go down
durt d1ver
NELRC Original Gangsta
durt d1ver

PostSubject: Re: Parts question - Rear pinion flange.    Parts question - Rear pinion flange.  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 1:17 pm

Joel just posed this up on Dweb:

http://discoweb.org/forums/showthread.php?p=890275#post890275

4 Bolt Differential Pinion Flange Kits $42
Required when converting from rotoflex style driveshaft. Includes flange, washer, spacer. Please specify if you need the bolt or nut and I will include it as well. $42 shipped priority mail
Back to top Go down
apatrizzi
apatrizzi

PostSubject: Re: Parts question - Rear pinion flange.    Parts question - Rear pinion flange.  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 11:33 pm

durt d1ver wrote:
Joel just posed this up on Dweb:

http://discoweb.org/forums/showthread.php?p=890275#post890275

4 Bolt Differential Pinion Flange Kits $42
Required when converting from rotoflex style driveshaft. Includes flange, washer, spacer. Please specify if you need the bolt or nut and I will include it as well. $42 shipped priority mail

sweet. thanks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Parts question - Rear pinion flange.    Parts question - Rear pinion flange.  - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Parts question - Rear pinion flange.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2