Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Non-Traditional Land Rover Club

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

garage run around

Go down 
+3
dcarr1971
Jake
jveen
7 posters
AuthorMessage
jveen
NELRC Pack Leader
NELRC Pack Leader
jveen

garage run around Empty
PostSubject: garage run around   garage run around I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2011 4:56 pm

In the process of trying to get my truck inspected the garage said trucks is great shape ,but it needed a pipe in place of the resonator to pass ok I thought he could clamp on and I'd be good to go, but he said no, weird a small shop turning down work. So jumped in the truck and ran to Monroe Muffler try get it on before C.O.B. I get there I go in talk to the mechanic says he doesn't do welding and if he did he wouldn't touch my truck , cause he worked on a Land Rover two weeks ago and won't work on again. Evil or Very Mad Has anyone ever run into two garages that turn away money? Well on the way home I stopped and tried my luck one last time and stopped at a garage that had a P38 out in front of it a few weeks ago. Turns out the owner of the garage was the owner of said Range Rover, and he has worked with Land Rovers. Also he has 2 parts Discos. in his salvage yard. So I guess its a win even tho it was a headache to get there. I tried to see if was interested in taking his Range Rover to R.O.T.R. on I got my normal response when I say Land Rover and off-road in the same sentence, a of look are you crazy and a never.
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

garage run around Empty
PostSubject: Re: garage run around   garage run around I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2011 5:08 pm

Lol they don't even want to weld a straight pipe onto a LR? I just clamped mine on and I passed inspection
Back to top Go down
dcarr1971
Custom CDL Installer
dcarr1971

garage run around Empty
PostSubject: Re: garage run around   garage run around I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2011 5:34 pm

Jake wrote:
Lol they don't even want to weld a straight pipe onto a LR? I just clamped mine on and I passed inspection

x2. I just had this done last week at a Monroe here in Pittsburgh. The guy replaced my muffler with an Flowmaster 50 knock-off (by APX), chopped off the resonator at my request, and was more than happy to take my $$$...
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

garage run around Empty
PostSubject: Re: garage run around   garage run around I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2011 5:43 pm

dcarr1971 wrote:
Jake wrote:

x2. I just had this done last week at a Monroe here in Pittsburgh. The guy replaced my muffler with an Flowmaster 50 knock-off (by APX), chopped off the resonator at my request, and was more than happy to take my $$$...

You have the part number for that APX? How much that run you? Might go after a louder exhaust soon.
Back to top Go down
jveen
NELRC Pack Leader
NELRC Pack Leader
jveen

garage run around Empty
PostSubject: Re: garage run around   garage run around I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2011 5:51 pm

Quote :
Jake wrote:

x2. I just had this done last week at a Monroe here in Pittsburgh. The guy replaced my muffler with an Flowmaster 50 knock-off (by APX), chopped off the resonator at my request, and was more than happy to take my $$$..

He seen my truck and I swear he seen a ghost lol.
I am thinking about going with a Flowmaster Super 44 whats the measurements of the stock muffler?
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

garage run around Empty
PostSubject: Re: garage run around   garage run around I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2011 5:56 pm

jveen wrote:
Quote :
Jake wrote:

x2. I just had this done last week at a Monroe here in Pittsburgh. The guy replaced my muffler with an Flowmaster 50 knock-off (by APX), chopped off the resonator at my request, and was more than happy to take my $$$..

He seen my truck and I swear he seen a ghost lol.
I am thinking about going with a Flowmaster Super 44 whats the measurements of the stock muffler?

http://www.monro.com/products-services/exhausts-mufflers heres a coupon. I'd just go with the knock off.. I was thinking about doing a flowmaster 40 but heard it's very loud.
Back to top Go down
dcarr1971
Custom CDL Installer
dcarr1971

garage run around Empty
PostSubject: Re: garage run around   garage run around I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2011 6:26 pm

Jake wrote:
dcarr1971 wrote:
Jake wrote:

You have the part number for that APX? How much that run you? Might go after a louder exhaust soon.

Don't know the part number, but I'll be at ROTR so you can get a look at it then...it's LOUD...
Back to top Go down
jveen
NELRC Pack Leader
NELRC Pack Leader
jveen

garage run around Empty
PostSubject: Re: garage run around   garage run around I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2011 6:47 pm

@Dcarr1971 does APX have a website
Back to top Go down
durt d1ver
NELRC Original Gangsta
durt d1ver

garage run around Empty
PostSubject: Re: garage run around   garage run around I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2011 6:48 pm

I got turned away by Firestone once. When I first got my truck, it needed an alignment. The Firestone near me refused to do it, because they messed up someones air suspension, and won't work on Land Rovers now.
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

garage run around Empty
PostSubject: Re: garage run around   garage run around I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2011 6:53 pm

If there techs aren't capable it's better that they don't touch your truck
Back to top Go down
durt d1ver
NELRC Original Gangsta
durt d1ver

garage run around Empty
PostSubject: Re: garage run around   garage run around I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2011 7:52 pm

The manager told me that the tech didn't lock the air suspension on a range rover, and when they put it on the lift, they damaged something, and it cost them alot of money to fix it. He said after that, the owner said no more rovers.
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

garage run around Empty
PostSubject: Re: garage run around   garage run around I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2011 8:49 pm

durt d1ver wrote:
The manager told me that the tech didn't lock the air suspension on a range rover, and when they put it on the lift, they damaged something, and it cost them alot of money to fix it. He said after that, the owner said no more rovers.

Or they could have just said no air suspension. Even though that would rule out new Jeeps as well.. Not sure on the mechanics on the air suspension but it doesnt seem like something I would want to mess around with.
Back to top Go down
DiscoSux
Forum Asshole
DiscoSux

garage run around Empty
PostSubject: Re: garage run around   garage run around I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2011 10:27 pm

Speaking of exhaust, I can finally hear my Borla as I FINALLY got my exhaust manifold leak fixed (broken stud). The highlight is when the easy-out broke off. F-me.
No, I did not smack down the cash for a new SS Borla, it was on the parts truck I bought. Used but works just fine...

I be a cheap bastard...
Back to top Go down
dcarr1971
Custom CDL Installer
dcarr1971

garage run around Empty
PostSubject: Re: garage run around   garage run around I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 10:44 am

jveen wrote:
@Dcarr1971 does APX have a website

Don't know about a web site...in fact, I'm not sure about the make at this point. I went and dug my rec't out of the glove box and no parts are list except a "VX2443 Performance Exhaust".

When I googled the part number one of the hits was this:
http://www.irexhaust.com/Catalogos/Mufflers/VX.pdf.
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

garage run around Empty
PostSubject: Re: garage run around   garage run around I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 11:18 am

you're PA inspections sounds like a real pain in the ass...
Back to top Go down
https://nelrc.iftopic.com
jveen
NELRC Pack Leader
NELRC Pack Leader
jveen

garage run around Empty
PostSubject: Re: garage run around   garage run around I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 12:19 am

Quote :
you're PA inspections sounds like a real pain in the ass..

It is just the garage I went to he does good work, I could've have taking it to a garage that would slap a sticker on car w/o and exhaust.
Back to top Go down
dcarr1971
Custom CDL Installer
dcarr1971

garage run around Empty
PostSubject: Re: garage run around   garage run around I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 8:32 am

Same here. The tech is a friend and wouldn't have made me fix it if it wasn't totally necessary...
Back to top Go down
dschramm
3 Amigos Detective
dschramm

garage run around Empty
PostSubject: Re: garage run around   garage run around I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 9:50 am

when we installed my rear bumper,the res was lower than the bumper.we used a sawzall.cut it off as close to the res as we could,cut the tail pipe off as close on the other end.i stopped at pepboys on the way home from jersey and got a clamp.got home put the 2 pieces together and clamped it down.been inspected twice with no issues
Back to top Go down
jveen
NELRC Pack Leader
NELRC Pack Leader
jveen

garage run around Empty
PostSubject: Re: garage run around   garage run around I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 10:45 am

Quote :
when we installed my rear bumper,the res was lower than the bumper.we used a sawzall.cut it off as close to the res as we could,cut the tail pipe off as close on the other end.i stopped at pepboys on the way home from jersey and got a clamp.got home put the 2 pieces together and clamped it down.been inspected twice with no issues

Thats what I got to do I asked him to do it for and pass me he said no. PITA
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

garage run around Empty
PostSubject: Re: garage run around   garage run around I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

garage run around
Page 1 of 1