Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Non-Traditional Land Rover Club

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Please consider donating to the family

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
rijosho
3 Amigos Detective

Please consider donating to the family Empty
PostSubject: Please consider donating to the family   Please consider donating to the family I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 11:54 am

http://www.d-90.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33935

Hey all.

We had a forum member, Brad Joel Harris, screenname Bharris, over on d-90 who passed away in a tragic motorcycling accident last Friday on the 405, while heading home from LA to his pregnant wife and his four kids. Today would have been his 40th birthday, but will also be his funeral. The generous outpouring of support has been amazing so far, and I'm just trying to help get the word out as far and wide as I can.

If you have a little extra that you can donate, a local member in LA, Barry Fein, will be presenting a check for the donated amount received in his Paypal by 11 AM today, Pacific Standard Time. I know, it's super late notice, I don't know why I didn't think of this sooner. Anything rec'd after 11 today will also be sent to the account listed below in Brad's name, but will not be in time for the funeral service today.

Payment Details. PayPal Account Before Thursday 11AM PST - barryfein @ gmail.com Put Brad Harris in the subject lin. I'm sure if you don't make it by 11AM, Barry will be sending any excess money from the account to the account set up in Brad's name (details below).

Payment Details after today.

A Memorial Fund has been set up for Brad Harris at Wells Fargo. Please see the below instructions from his family. You can also mail or give a check to Wayne Goeckeritz and he will deposit the funds.
Wells Fargo Bank
Brad Harris Memorial Fund
Acct #: 6404529338
c/o Wayne Goeckeritz
25062 Greenmill Ave
Newhall, CA

Thanks everyone.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/deseretnews/obituary.aspx?n=brad-joel-harris&pid=154429821&fhid=10927

Nov. 3, 1971 ~ Oct. 28, 2011
Matt. 25:23"...well done, good and faithful servant; thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things; enter thou into the joy of the Lord."
Of all his roles, Eagle Scout, cyclist, artist, counselor, archer, soldier, adventurer, teacher, Scout Master, statistical analyst, son, brother, and friend, Brad's favorite was Daddy. His greatest fans are Kalinda, James, Darby, and Bryssa. He leaves them in the capable hands of the love of his life, Angela Humble Harris and her support system of family and friends. We all know full well his dedication to the Savior Jesus Christ, his industry, devotion and love for Angela and their four beautiful children. His service as a London missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints was exemplary. Dearest Brad, our love goes with you. Your personal bar is raised to a height we will all strive to reach. What a reunion we will have one day!
Funeral will be held at 11:00 a.m. on Thursday, Nov. 3rd at LDS Church, 24915 Peachland Ave, Newhall, CA 91321

Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: Please consider donating to the family   Please consider donating to the family I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 12:33 pm

Very sad story - donation sent
Back to top Go down
Long Haul
NELRC Original Gangsta
Long Haul

PostSubject: Re: Please consider donating to the family   Please consider donating to the family I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 12:54 pm

Donation sent as well. I hate hearing stories like this happening, especially to a family.
Back to top Go down
rijosho
3 Amigos Detective

PostSubject: Re: Please consider donating to the family   Please consider donating to the family I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 1:17 pm

Thanks so much, guys. Between posting on here, over on d-90, dweb, probably some other places, and at least one vendor stepping in with sale proceeds going toward their family, the fund is already well over $5k in less than 24 hours!

The Land Rover community is truly generous and amazing.
Back to top Go down
rijosho
3 Amigos Detective

PostSubject: Re: Please consider donating to the family   Please consider donating to the family I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 11:39 am

Wow. The total is up to $12,385!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: Please consider donating to the family   Please consider donating to the family I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 12:22 pm

That's great, it's good to see people pull together when it matters
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Please consider donating to the family   Please consider donating to the family I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Please consider donating to the family
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Truck Talk-
Jump to: