Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Non-Traditional Land Rover Club

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Treadright Kedge grip?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
LockenDIFF
The Man with the Tan
LockenDIFF

Treadright Kedge grip? Empty
PostSubject: Treadright Kedge grip?   Treadright Kedge grip? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 5:24 pm

Anybody have experience with and without kedge grip on their treadright tires? Main reason I ask, how do they differ on pavement with and without kedge grip? Im looking for decent grip on wet/snowy payment, my at's now handle payment wet/dry great but havent used them in snow yet. I drive my D1 daily and need grip in all situations, on and off road.
Back to top Go down
jveen
NELRC Pack Leader
NELRC Pack Leader
jveen

PostSubject: Re: Treadright Kedge grip?   Treadright Kedge grip? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 5:44 pm

I have treadwright tires and I haven't found anything wrong with them
Back to top Go down
LockenDIFF
The Man with the Tan
LockenDIFF

PostSubject: Re: Treadright Kedge grip?   Treadright Kedge grip? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 6:29 pm

jveen wrote:

With or without that kedge grip stuff? Hows traction on wet and snowy roads?
Back to top Go down
durt d1ver
NELRC Original Gangsta
durt d1ver

PostSubject: Re: Treadright Kedge grip?   Treadright Kedge grip? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 7:50 pm

Have you ever had to run studded tires where you live? The kedge grig is for driving on ice, not snow. They also wear out faster, according to treadwright. I would only consider them if you lived in an area that has constant snow of the ground. M
I doubt it would be needed most places south of the mason-dixon line.
Back to top Go down
jveen
NELRC Pack Leader
NELRC Pack Leader
jveen

PostSubject: Re: Treadright Kedge grip?   Treadright Kedge grip? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 9:20 pm

Quote :
jveen wrote:

W/O I didnt get to play much in the snow last weekend cause I lost power and stayed int to try keeping my stoker / fish tank going. They are louder than I expected from a A/T tire. I'll be at ROTR you can see them in action. cheers
Back to top Go down
LockenDIFF
The Man with the Tan
LockenDIFF

PostSubject: Re: Treadright Kedge grip?   Treadright Kedge grip? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 11:28 pm

durt d1ver wrote:
Have you ever had to run studded tires where you live? The kedge grig is for driving on ice, not snow. They also wear out faster, according to treadwright. I would only consider them if you lived in an area that has constant snow of the ground. M
I doubt it would be needed most places south of the mason-dixon line.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
LockenDIFF
The Man with the Tan
LockenDIFF

PostSubject: Re: Treadright Kedge grip?   Treadright Kedge grip? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 11:29 pm

jveen wrote:
Quote :
jveen wrote:

W/O I didnt get to play much in the snow last weekend cause I lost power and stayed int to try keeping my stoker / fish tank going. They are louder than I expected from a A/T tire. I'll be at ROTR you can see them in action. cheers

Ok cool
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: Treadright Kedge grip?   Treadright Kedge grip? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 2:20 pm

i opted out of the kedge grip because they wear faster and the damn tread is agressive of enough as is. not to mention they wanted more money for it.
Back to top Go down
https://nelrc.iftopic.com
DiscoSux
Forum Asshole
DiscoSux

PostSubject: Re: Treadright Kedge grip?   Treadright Kedge grip? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 12:08 am

They told me kedge grip is for road traction, not off-road traction. It will grip on ice better.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Treadright Kedge grip?   Treadright Kedge grip? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Treadright Kedge grip?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Truck Talk-
Jump to: