Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Non-Traditional Land Rover Club

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Roto flex conversion with shaft

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

Roto flex conversion with shaft Empty
PostSubject: Roto flex conversion with shaft   Roto flex conversion with shaft I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 9:23 pm

Soooo I am upgrading my rear drive shaft to a GBR and I have some spare diffs on the back porch with 4 bolt flanges.

Once I get this new shaft I will pull a flange from one of these diffs and make a conversion kit with shaft included. Great Basin Rovers sells this kit of $250, I will sell mine for $150 and if you live close I will help you install it (pending snow, rain or really cold weather). Hell if you're nice I might even throw in a pinion oil seal free of charge. I just finished putting a new UJ in the tcase end which was shot because it was made in china. It now has two Precision 344's (the best UJ on the market Very Happy). I even slapped a little black paint because I couldnt find the GBR green. The only catch is whoever wants it has to wait until I get my new shaft. which may take a couple weeks.

Back to top Go down
apatrizzi
Brake Light Switch Repairman
apatrizzi

PostSubject: Re: Roto flex conversion with shaft   Roto flex conversion with shaft I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 9:47 pm

Jake wrote:
Soooo I am upgrading my rear drive shaft to a GBR and I have some spare diffs on the back porch with 4 bolt flanges.

Once I get this new shaft I will pull a flange from one of these diffs and make a conversion kit with shaft included. Great Basin Rovers sells this kit of $250, I will sell mine for $150 and if you live close I will help you install it (pending snow, rain or really cold weather). Hell if you're nice I might even throw in a pinion oil seal free of charge. I just finished putting a new UJ in the tcase end which was shot because it was made in china. It now has two Precision 344's (the best UJ on the market Very Happy). I even slapped a little black paint because I couldnt find the GBR green. The only catch is whoever wants it has to wait until I get my new shaft. which may take a couple weeks.

i'll take it. the "couple weeks" time line actually helps me out. Just let me know when it comes in and i'll come get it.
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: Roto flex conversion with shaft   Roto flex conversion with shaft I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 10:09 pm

apatrizzi wrote:
Jake wrote:

i'll take it. the "couple weeks" time line actually helps me out. Just let me know when it comes in and i'll come get it.

K I might need help getting you the flange.. Also with. D2 I think you have a bolt not. The shaft should work though. I'll let you know
Back to top Go down
apatrizzi
apatrizzi

PostSubject: Re: Roto flex conversion with shaft   Roto flex conversion with shaft I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 10:13 pm

i think the D2 uses the Nut. does the D1 use the bolt?

see here for reference.
http://lucky8llc.com/Products.aspx?ProductID=6679

i can verify weds while the truck is on the lift also.

and is it a GBR Shaft or a stock shaft?
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: Roto flex conversion with shaft   Roto flex conversion with shaft I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 10:26 pm

apatrizzi wrote:

see here for reference.

Stock shaft with precision 344 joints

I'm getting a gbr and selling my current set up.

Check the front pinion should match rear.

Last edited by Jake on Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
apatrizzi
apatrizzi

PostSubject: Re: Roto flex conversion with shaft   Roto flex conversion with shaft I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 10:28 pm

Jake wrote:
apatrizzi wrote:

see here for reference.

sounds good to me. Is the pinion flange you were talking about a "nut on" or "bolt on"?
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: Roto flex conversion with shaft   Roto flex conversion with shaft I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 10:30 pm

apatrizzi wrote:
Jake wrote:
apatrizzi wrote:

see here for reference.

sounds good to me. Is the pinion flange you were talking about a "nut on" or "bolt on"?

I have two d1 diffs with nut style pinions.
Back to top Go down
apatrizzi
apatrizzi

PostSubject: Re: Roto flex conversion with shaft   Roto flex conversion with shaft I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 10:09 am

Jake wrote:
apatrizzi wrote:
Jake wrote:
apatrizzi wrote:

see here for reference.

Ok sounds good to me. I'll confirm tonight but im 95% sure i have a nut style pinion. Worst case scenario is i'll need to get a bolt when i put it on.
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: Roto flex conversion with shaft   Roto flex conversion with shaft I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 6:19 pm

apatrizzi wrote:
Jake wrote:
apatrizzi wrote:
Jake wrote:
apatrizzi wrote:

see here for reference.

Ok sounds good to me. I'll confirm tonight but im 95% sure i have a nut style pinion. Worst case scenario is i'll need to get a bolt when i put it on.

K - I dont know if I am going to be able to get the pinion nut lose on these diffs without them being attached to a truck... The one I just loosened on the front of my truck I had to use a jack and a breaker bar.... But we can sure as hell try - if anything I will just take the $45 or whatever Joel wants for those kits out of the price and you can just pick up the 4 bolt shaft with new UJ's
Back to top Go down
apatrizzi
apatrizzi

PostSubject: Re: Roto flex conversion with shaft   Roto flex conversion with shaft I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 10:33 pm

Jake wrote:
apatrizzi wrote:
Jake wrote:
apatrizzi wrote:
Jake wrote:
apatrizzi wrote:

see here for reference.

K - I dont know if I am going to be able to get the pinion nut lose on these diffs without them being attached to a truck... The one I just loosened on the front of my truck I had to use a jack and a breaker bar.... But we can sure as hell try - if anything I will just take the $45 or whatever Joel wants for those kits out of the price and you can just pick up the 4 bolt shaft with new UJ's

that works too. just let me know.
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: Roto flex conversion with shaft   Roto flex conversion with shaft I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 7:59 pm

apatrizzi wrote:
Jake wrote:
apatrizzi wrote:
Jake wrote:
apatrizzi wrote:
Jake wrote:
apatrizzi wrote:

see here for reference.

that works too. just let me know.

I got the GBR shaft. I am just waiting to get my truck back on Monday or Tuesday. Also I found that I have one of each type of pinion a nut and a bolt style on each of the spare diffs I have. Only problem is getting the nut or bolt off... I sent you my info, let me know when you wanna come get the stuff.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Roto flex conversion with shaft   Roto flex conversion with shaft I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Roto flex conversion with shaft
Page 1 of 1