Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Non-Traditional Land Rover Club

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

VSS going bad?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
LockenDIFF
The Man with the Tan
LockenDIFF

VSS going bad? Empty
PostSubject: VSS going bad?   VSS going bad? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 11:25 am

I believe my vss is starting to fail but wanted to post my problems to maybe have you guys confirm.

Ok, I get a 5mph or so flux in the speedo and the mph is different compared to my gps showing mph.

Once in a blue moon during highway driving it seems to cut fuel, even if I give it more. I let off and press gas again and its fine.

Cruise control only works when it wants to.

VSS? Was thinking plugs and wires first till I searched around and it seems the systoms I stated above happen when the vss is bad or heading there.

Any info helps fellas

Thanks
Nick

Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

VSS going bad? Empty
PostSubject: Re: VSS going bad?   VSS going bad? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 2:45 pm

you getting a CEL? maybe it's a soft code. hook it up to a reader and see if there are any codes. sounds like VSS but should be a code.
Back to top Go down
https://nelrc.iftopic.com
LockenDIFF
The Man with the Tan
LockenDIFF

VSS going bad? Empty
PostSubject: Re: VSS going bad?   VSS going bad? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 2:49 pm

Hilltoppersx wrote:
you getting a CEL? maybe it's a soft code. hook it up to a reader and see if there are any codes. sounds like VSS but should be a code.

I'll check but I've read people have the same problem with no code plus I still haven't got around to installing those cats(already have cel) with xmas and my youngest sons bday was last week my wife spends all her free time at the mall Smile

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

VSS going bad? Empty
PostSubject: Re: VSS going bad?   VSS going bad? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

VSS going bad?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Truck Talk-
Jump to: