Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Non-Traditional Land Rover Club

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

ultra gauge or scan gauge

Go down 
+2
Jake
jveen
6 posters
AuthorMessage
jveen
NELRC Pack Leader
NELRC Pack Leader
jveen

ultra gauge or scan gauge Empty
PostSubject: ultra gauge or scan gauge   ultra gauge or scan gauge I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 8:37 pm

So I am looking at getting one of these but don't know which one to go with I am leaning towards Ultra gauge cause of the price. Has anybody used either of them and can recommend one, or if one is better that the other?
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: ultra gauge or scan gauge   ultra gauge or scan gauge I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 8:48 pm

I have scan gauge it's pretty handy. I use it for temps, voltage, gas milage info and obviously reading any codes. it's handy, I like it
Back to top Go down
Turf
NELRC Master
Turf

PostSubject: Re: ultra gauge or scan gauge   ultra gauge or scan gauge I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 10:49 pm

i've heard ultra over scan, but i do know it's more $$
Back to top Go down
jveen
NELRC Pack Leader
NELRC Pack Leader
jveen

PostSubject: Re: ultra gauge or scan gauge   ultra gauge or scan gauge I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 11:20 pm

I went thru so many different kinds of forums (Clean MPG,Ih8Mud,and Pontiac G8's) and got not kind of definitive answer. So I think I'll buy w/ the wallet in mind go for the ultra.
Back to top Go down
durt d1ver
NELRC Original Gangsta
durt d1ver

PostSubject: Re: ultra gauge or scan gauge   ultra gauge or scan gauge I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 12:16 am

I bought a bluetooth obd2 adapter on ebay for like 15$. I use my android phone to monitor the engine, and clear codes with a free app called torque.
Back to top Go down
jveen
NELRC Pack Leader
NELRC Pack Leader
jveen

PostSubject: Re: ultra gauge or scan gauge   ultra gauge or scan gauge I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 1:10 am

Quote :
I bought a bluetooth obd2 adapter on ebay for like 15$. I use my android phone to monitor the engine, and clear codes with a free app called torque.
Didn't think of going that route. which app is it pro, lite or torquescan?
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: ultra gauge or scan gauge   ultra gauge or scan gauge I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 9:40 am

i love my scanguage. i think jake has appreciated my scanguage a few times on the trail. so much so he bought his own. thank fuck.
Back to top Go down
https://nelrc.iftopic.com
apatrizzi
Brake Light Switch Repairman
apatrizzi

PostSubject: Re: ultra gauge or scan gauge   ultra gauge or scan gauge I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 8:33 pm

jveen wrote:
I went thru so many different kinds of forums (Clean MPG,Ih8Mud,and Pontiac G8's) and got not kind of definitive answer. So I think I'll buy w/ the wallet in mind go for the ultra.
\

Do you have a G8 ? I used to have a cammed out nitrous breathing GTO... love those things. But i'm glad i sold mine lol.
Back to top Go down
durt d1ver
NELRC Original Gangsta
durt d1ver

PostSubject: Re: ultra gauge or scan gauge   ultra gauge or scan gauge I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 8:59 pm

jveen wrote:
Quote :
Didn't think of going that route. which app is it pro, lite or torquescan?

I use torque lite.
Back to top Go down
jveen
NELRC Pack Leader
NELRC Pack Leader
jveen

PostSubject: Re: ultra gauge or scan gauge   ultra gauge or scan gauge I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 9:01 pm

Quote :
jveen wrote:
\

Do you have a G8 ? I used to have a cammed out nitrous breathing GTO... love those things. But i'm glad i sold mine lol.

No I got to them from a Google search No But I did have a '00 Camaro SS. I think newer GTO's is awesome looking. I want to get a newer F-body but one gas guzzler is enough for me.
Back to top Go down
jveen
NELRC Pack Leader
NELRC Pack Leader
jveen

PostSubject: Re: ultra gauge or scan gauge   ultra gauge or scan gauge I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 3:00 pm

Went with the ultra gauge for now was going to get the app for my phone then I realized my phone barely does it job now so I don't trust it to be a reliable with the importance of monitoring my truck. thanks for the feedback guys.
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: ultra gauge or scan gauge   ultra gauge or scan gauge I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 12:32 pm

jveen wrote:
Quote :
jveen wrote:
\

No I got to them from a Google search No But I did have a '00 Camaro SS. I think newer GTO's is awesome looking. I want to get a newer F-body but one gas guzzler is enough for me.

I have a buddy down in Miami who has a 06 GTO thats supercharged. He's doing the Holden Monaro conversion the thing is sick. We would go out street racing on the old abandoned highways that were used in the 70's-80's to land planes and bring coke in the the us. It was like some fast and furious shit..

I only have one shitty cell phone pic, doesnt do this car justice

ultra gauge or scan gauge N1173450092_30345968_2626843

Oh an yes Ed your scan gauge has saved me more than once. Especially when my truck was over heating..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ultra gauge or scan gauge   ultra gauge or scan gauge I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ultra gauge or scan gauge
Page 1 of 1