Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Non-Traditional Land Rover Club

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What do you think.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
jveen
NELRC Pack Leader
NELRC Pack Leader
jveen

What do you think. Empty
PostSubject: What do you think.   What do you think. I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 9:29 pm

Out running errands this afternoon with my girlfriend when I seen this. D1 I want one for some reason now.
My girlfriend was on the phone before I even had got around the back of it, haha. The bad from what I'd seen bathroom caulk around the rear alpine windows the interior had rips, there was an oil leak around the t-case and rust on the brush bar. The good new tires, and from what he said new brakes. It has 120k heads weren't done. I didn't get to check the rear doors. He wants for $3,000 I don't know about that I was thinking offering $2k to $2500. any input

What do you think. 2012-010

What do you think. 2012-011
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

What do you think. Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think.   What do you think. I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 9:31 pm

Not worth 3k you can find a sweet RRC for that price... If it's not drinking coolant and runs smooth i'd call it probably 2k worth of truck depending on what inside/rust situation from leaky windows looks like.
Back to top Go down
jveen
NELRC Pack Leader
NELRC Pack Leader
jveen

What do you think. Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think.   What do you think. I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 9:38 pm

Quote :
Not worth 3k you can find a sweet RRC for that price... If it's not drinking coolant and runs smooth i'd call it probably 2k worth of truck depending on what inside/rust situation from leaky windows looks like.
Exactly what I was thinking Jake. He called me 3 times since I left him a voice mail today. He says he has alot of interest in it, which I call b.s. on you can get a Jeep with a lift for that around here. Oh it does come with a high lift, floor jack and dead battery.
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

What do you think. Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think.   What do you think. I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 9:45 pm

jveen wrote:
Quote :
Exactly what I was thinking Jake. He called me 3 times since I left him a voice mail today. He says he has alot of interest in it, which I call b.s. on you can get a Jeep with a lift for that around here. Oh it does come with a high lift, floor jack and dead battery.

so does it even run? Sounds like it's not worth the trouble. I'd tell him you only have 2k and to sell it to the next guy or give you a call if the deal falls through...

Or you can give me $1500 and I will put floors in this 95 for you. Has a good battery and starts every time Smile
Back to top Go down
Long Haul
NELRC Original Gangsta
Long Haul

What do you think. Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think.   What do you think. I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 9:48 pm

That looks like the same one that sat at the used car dealer local to me. It sat on his lot for about 6-8 months it just recently disapeared off the lot. It had $3800 on the price tag last time i looked at it.
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

What do you think. Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think.   What do you think. I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 9:51 pm

Back to top Go down
jveen
NELRC Pack Leader
NELRC Pack Leader
jveen

What do you think. Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think.   What do you think. I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 10:18 pm

Everything I know about it is from what I seen there was no one there. I was thinking about stopping after work tomorrow and giving it a ride. I am watching that RRC it almost to nice for wheeling.

Quote :
Or you can give me $1500 and I will put floors in this 95 for you. Has a good battery and starts every time Smile

When would that be and what else does it need?
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

What do you think. Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think.   What do you think. I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 10:27 pm

jveen wrote:
Everything I know about it is from what I seen there was no one there. I was thinking about stopping after work tomorrow and giving it a ride.

Quote :

When would that be and what else does it need?

LOL FUCK I meant $2500! JK.

Honestly it doesnt need anything but floors, a stereo head unit (if you care), some sealant above windshield near gutter - to seal where it has been leaking, and a blower fan or heater core - not sure on this, probably just a fan but it doesnt blow so I cant tell you either way

I am up in the air with it cause putting floors in it isnt going to be a little job. If I do it I will most likely be using rivets, decent size sheet metal and sealing the piss out of it. Mostly because there is quite a bit of rust and I would be doing floors from where the fire wall conntects to floor panels and back.

The truck runs so damn good it's crazy, This is the reason I havent parted it or sold it to Randy yet. I drove it back from MD, around town, and have been using it as a jumper box while fixing my truck.

I may work a deal for something Randy has on his lot but would sell this truck as is if the right offer came up. The seller originally wanted $1300 for it, after getting rid of the ARB and stereo I talked him down to the price I got it for but it's worth much more. You can take it to a shop - like the shop near me that would weld floors in and do it professionally and still be under 2k.
Back to top Go down
jveen
NELRC Pack Leader
NELRC Pack Leader
jveen

What do you think. Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think.   What do you think. I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 10:55 pm

I am up in the air. Girlfriend isn't happy with another Rover she really isn't happy when I said to part out the D2. to build a D1. I guess it depends on what kind of raise I get tomorrow to see if I get one now or wait. I swear these trucks like crack I have one but now I need another.
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

What do you think. Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think.   What do you think. I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 11:00 pm

jveen wrote:
I am up in the air. Girlfriend isn't happy with another Rover she really isn't happy when I said to part out the D2. to build a D1. I guess it depends on what kind of raise I get tomorrow to see if I get one now or wait. I swear these trucks like crack I have one but now I need another.

Wait - you want to part out your D2? Honestly it alllll depends on what you want. If I had a job that required a short to moderate commute I'd be all for a nice D2. But I love my D1 for off roading.
Back to top Go down
jveen
NELRC Pack Leader
NELRC Pack Leader
jveen

What do you think. Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think.   What do you think. I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 11:13 pm

Quote :
jveen wrote:

Wait - you want to part out your D2? Honestly it alllll depends on what you want. If I had a job that required a short to moderate commute I'd be all for a nice D2. But I love my D1 for off roading.

The rust on my D2's frame scares me that is part of the motivation to get another truck. Some of the best trucks I've seen were D1's which leads to building a a bad ass D1. And your reaction to my thought of parting the D2 is why I ask for other unbiased opinions on forums. Maybe I'll hold off see what else comes along.
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

What do you think. Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think.   What do you think. I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 11:23 pm

I would just wheel the d2 until you actually have problems with the frame. Keep buying goodies for it and in two or three years when the frame is shot buy a 04 d2 move all the goodies and part out your current rig and stock parts you wont need on the 04
Back to top Go down
https://nelrc.iftopic.com
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

What do you think. Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think.   What do you think. I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 11:25 pm

I would have a hard time paying more than $1000 for a 13+ yr old truck that isn't in good running shape
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

What do you think. Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think.   What do you think. I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 11:28 pm

I do remember your truck having quiet a bit of rust when we were putting the TF lift on. I would reccomend deciding what you REALY want. Do you want a trail truck, a daily driver or a combo. I think your truck is pretty sweet, is there anything else you dont like about it?

If you decide on keeping it I'd suggest calling UK motors down here in Felton and talking to their welder Nate. They have repaired Defender frames from where they have rusted out on the cross member area and they do all sorts of restoration. This is who I'd have do floors in the 95 and who I will have do the floors in my 96 probably this summer. Have him clean it up fix anything structural and finish it up with a solid under coating.

If you decide to sell doing the above will get you a little bit of money back on the price of the truck. If you have a place to park it and want to part it completely you will probably end up with more money in the end.
Back to top Go down
jveen
NELRC Pack Leader
NELRC Pack Leader
jveen

What do you think. Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think.   What do you think. I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 11:35 pm

Quote :
I do remember your truck having quiet a bit of rust when we were putting the TF lift on. I would reccomend deciding what you REALY want. Do you want a trail truck, a daily driver or a combo. I think your truck is pretty sweet, is there anything else you dont like about it?

If you decide on keeping it I'd suggest calling UK motors down here in Felton and talking to their welder Nate. They have repaired Defender frames from where they have rusted out on the cross member area and they do all sorts of restoration. This is who I'd have do floors in the 95 and who I will have do the floors in my 96 probably this summer. Have him clean it up fix anything structural and finish it up with a solid under coating.

If you decide to sell doing the above will get you a little bit of money back on the price of the truck. If you have a place to park it and want to part it completely you will probably end up with more money in the end.

I'll get a hold of them and have them look at it. I just see the cost of a frame repair being more that its worth. That's why I am gung ho about another truck.
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

What do you think. Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think.   What do you think. I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 11:37 pm

jveen wrote:
Quote :

I'll get a hold of them and have them look at it. I just see the cost of a frame repair being more that its worth. That's why I am gung ho about another truck.

Yea just be up front with your concerns. Do some research, tell them what you're willing to pay for the work and I bet they help you out. If you want to keep your truck then keep it, if you dont get rid of it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

What do you think. Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think.   What do you think. I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 8:28 am

do you actually have massive holes in the frame? or is it just surface with some small holes?
Back to top Go down
jveen
NELRC Pack Leader
NELRC Pack Leader
jveen

What do you think. Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think.   What do you think. I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 9:42 am

There is rust everywere with flaking didn't see any holes
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

What do you think. Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think.   What do you think. I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 10:08 am

jveen wrote:
There is rust everywere with flaking didn't see any holes

so stop freaking out then... lol... i wouldnt spend money on a frame restoration. with the cost of rovers it doesnt make any sense. you can buy a whole new truck for the cost of a frame resto... i would continue wheeling your truck and buying toys for it. if the frame gets some good size holes from rusting out then i would buy an 04 d2, by then the cost of the 04's will be down and you can have a nice 4.6 and transfer all the goodies you bought for you current rig.

i mean unless you have unlimited funds. then i would just go get a frame off resto, drop a 300tdi in your truck, with a 4 link and some 37's....
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

What do you think. Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think.   What do you think. I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 1:24 pm

JT post some pics up of the bad spots when you have time. I'd still clean it up with a grinder/flapper disc and undercoat it to try to slow down or stop the rust....
Back to top Go down
jveen
NELRC Pack Leader
NELRC Pack Leader
jveen

What do you think. Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think.   What do you think. I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 3:24 pm

Ill get under it when it isn't raining and get some pics
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

What do you think. Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think.   What do you think. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What do you think.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Truck Talk-
Jump to: