Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Non-Traditional Land Rover Club

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Need Rear and Front Bumpers

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
DocFodge
Brake Light Switch Repairman
DocFodge

Need Rear and Front Bumpers Empty
PostSubject: Need Rear and Front Bumpers   Need Rear and Front Bumpers I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 12:36 pm

Hey ladies! Just coming out of winter hibernation after a crazy winter of work. Time to start the next round of mods. Plus I have an inspection due next month and need to replace the rear bumper being held on by a cheap nylon strap (yep, same bumper that got ripped from the vehicle last year at Rausch).

Looking to get a rear and front bumper if I can find a good enough deal on both.

Ed - I forget where you got your rear bumper?

Brett - your front TF still for sale?

Not too particular about the rear bumper, and while Dave will call me a girly man for saying so I like the style of the from ARB.

Ping me if you guys hear about anything floating around out there.

Rob
Back to top Go down
durt d1ver
NELRC Original Gangsta
durt d1ver

PostSubject: Re: Need Rear and Front Bumpers   Need Rear and Front Bumpers I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 7:10 pm

Rear is a britpart rear bumper. Available from AB if you call them and speak to them on the phone.
Back to top Go down
Turf
NELRC Master
Turf

PostSubject: Re: Need Rear and Front Bumpers   Need Rear and Front Bumpers I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 10:24 pm

I bought Brett's bumper. Lo siento
Back to top Go down
DocFodge
DocFodge

PostSubject: Re: Need Rear and Front Bumpers   Need Rear and Front Bumpers I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 11:36 pm

Turf wrote:
I bought Brett's bumper. Lo siento

was that the one with all of the cold welds that break apart whenever they hit something harder than Dave's cock?
Back to top Go down
DocFodge
DocFodge

PostSubject: Re: Need Rear and Front Bumpers   Need Rear and Front Bumpers I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 11:38 pm

durt d1ver wrote:
Rear is a britpart rear bumper. Available from AB if you call them and speak to them on the phone.

Thanks Brian. All i remember is that it took 3 weeks to clear customs 'cause they had to import it. Nice bumper though and good price, worth the wait if I can get it in before my registration expires on 3/31.
Back to top Go down
Turf
NELRC Master
Turf

PostSubject: Re: Need Rear and Front Bumpers   Need Rear and Front Bumpers I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 9:55 am

Hope not. I haven't hit anything with it yet but I def don't want to be grinding and stitching it back together.
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: Need Rear and Front Bumpers   Need Rear and Front Bumpers I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 4:35 pm

Get a stock one to get you thru inspection. I'm going to Albany later this year so I can pick up a Britpart from Ab for you if you need me to.
Back to top Go down
https://nelrc.iftopic.com
Turf
NELRC Master
Turf

PostSubject: Re: Need Rear and Front Bumpers   Need Rear and Front Bumpers I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 4:38 pm

What would that run for a d1 Ed? Doesn't matter I guess. I need sliders first.
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: Need Rear and Front Bumpers   Need Rear and Front Bumpers I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 4:52 pm

Turf wrote:
What would that run for a d1 Ed? Doesn't matter I guess. I need sliders first.

mine was a few more bucks than Brian's. I think $261? does that sound right Brian? i cant remember now. I had to pay sales tax cuz i live in NY and it depends on the exchange rate at the time you order.
Back to top Go down
Turf
NELRC Master
Turf

PostSubject: Re: Need Rear and Front Bumpers   Need Rear and Front Bumpers I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 4:56 pm

For your bumper? That's stupid cheap. When ate you going to Albany. Maybe by then I'll have everything I bought installed on the truck do I can buy something new!
Back to top Go down
durt d1ver
NELRC Original Gangsta
durt d1ver

PostSubject: Re: Need Rear and Front Bumpers   Need Rear and Front Bumpers I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 5:03 pm

I paid $349 for mine. But Ed probably subsidized the cost of his by giving blowjobs to the sales staff at AB. That must be why he paid less
Back to top Go down
Turf
NELRC Master
Turf

PostSubject: Re: Need Rear and Front Bumpers   Need Rear and Front Bumpers I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 5:05 pm

So then Ed, you wouldn't mind doing that again when you're up there to get me the lower price? Cuz I mean....once you've sucked one cock....what's a few more right?

Other than the requisite blow Jobs are you guys happy with them?
Back to top Go down
durt d1ver
NELRC Original Gangsta
durt d1ver

PostSubject: Re: Need Rear and Front Bumpers   Need Rear and Front Bumpers I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 5:08 pm

Turf wrote:
So then Ed, you wouldn't mind doing that again when you're up there to get me the lower price? Cuz I mean....once you've sucked one cock....what's a few more right?

Other than the requisite blow Jobs are you guys happy with them?

I know Ed had an issue with 2 bolt holes lining up with his hitch, but I didn't have any problems.
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: Need Rear and Front Bumpers   Need Rear and Front Bumpers I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 5:29 pm

oh yeah so mine was $361. u buncha fuckin homophobes. yeah mine doesnt line up right i think its because the mounts are bashed in on my truck on the one side. ill look at it again soon. have 2 many other damn things going on to worry about that. but i did beat it up pretty good at Mettowee last year, the first day i installed it and it held up great.
Back to top Go down
DiscoSux
Forum Asshole
DiscoSux

PostSubject: Re: Need Rear and Front Bumpers   Need Rear and Front Bumpers I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 2:48 am

DocFodge wrote:
Hey ladies! Just coming out of winter hibernation after a crazy winter of work. Time to start the next round of mods. Plus I have an inspection due next month and need to replace the rear bumper being held on by a cheap nylon strap (yep, same bumper that got ripped from the vehicle last year at Rausch).

Looking to get a rear and front bumper if I can find a good enough deal on both.

Ed - I forget where you got your rear bumper?

Brett - your front TF still for sale?

Not too particular about the rear bumper, and while Dave will call me a girly man for saying so I like the style of the from ARB.

Ping me if you guys hear about anything floating around out there.

Rob

I have a L8 rear bumper that Randy will soon own that does not fit my D1. It may fit a D2, we are not sure. In any case, it is very nice and can be had for cheap.

Don't go for the Angle Reducing Bumper, get an RTE or similar, you can thank me later.

Fodge - mad props for wheeling that beast stock. I never laughed so hard. i literally saw your rear bumper lose its proper place a little at a time. I hope you made an impression at work.

Miss ya bro! Get your ass back out here! Go to the Pines to clean off your under carriage in the water then come to Rausch for some real wheeling.

Ed - Please remove my avatar as I am likely headed to Saudi for a month and that will not fare well with the locals.

Back to top Go down
DocFodge
DocFodge

PostSubject: Re: Need Rear and Front Bumpers   Need Rear and Front Bumpers I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 10:10 am

Thanks Dave. I'm happy that i can bring a smile to your old sour puss. And yeah, the guys at work were giving me the ole "why in the world would you do that to your luxury SUV???" flak. If they only knew. There's one guy that parks in my lot that has an old 110, I usually get the nod of approval when we cross paths.

I'll reach out to Randy on the bumper. In the event that doesn't work out I've narrowed the rear bumper search down to two. Love the look of the TF and HLC Fab rear's. They're pretty similar in style, the HLC requires some quarter panel trimming, not sure about L8's TF. Any opinions on either of these two?

Going to just keep looking out for a used front. probably going to drop some coin on the rear so will just hold out for a deal on the front and be ready to grab it when I see one come available.

Just need to get through my inspection and I'll be ready to saddle up again. Would love a day out in March, I'm traveling almost the entire month of April, then I'm going to turn into the weekend camper for the summer. Would love to do a trip to the Adirondacks or similar.
Back to top Go down
Turf
NELRC Master
Turf

PostSubject: Re: Need Rear and Front Bumpers   Need Rear and Front Bumpers I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 7:32 pm

sexy safarigard on dweb
Back to top Go down
DocFodge
DocFodge

PostSubject: Re: Need Rear and Front Bumpers   Need Rear and Front Bumpers I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 12:07 am

Turf wrote:
sexy safarigard on dweb

yeah, saw that. for a D1 though, and its in CA. Cost more to ship that purchase.
Back to top Go down
DocFodge
DocFodge

PostSubject: Re: Need Rear and Front Bumpers   Need Rear and Front Bumpers I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 12:13 am

exchanged e-mail with Justin saturday, he's got a TF HD rear bumper in stock I'm going to take off his hands. So think my rear is all squared away. Now i just need to find a sweet deal on a front bumper, but I don't want a thin blade like one (don't feel like cutting metal to dock it up).

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need Rear and Front Bumpers   Need Rear and Front Bumpers I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Need Rear and Front Bumpers
Page 1 of 1