Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Non-Traditional Land Rover Club

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Thinking about a new baby... RR HSE ??

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
DocFodge
Brake Light Switch Repairman
DocFodge

Thinking about a new baby... RR HSE ?? Empty
PostSubject: Thinking about a new baby... RR HSE ??   Thinking about a new baby... RR HSE ?? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 3:04 am

Just ran across this on a local Craigs List. Thinking about putting the D2 into full time field mode and going to this or something like it) as my daily driver to and from PHL (driving 70 mile round trip daily). Seems like a way too cheap price. What do you guys know about Range Rovers and is there something about this particular model/year that would cause it to sell so cheaply? Anything weird like the D2 2003 oil pump issues, etc.?

http://delaware.craigslist.org/tid/2851135931.html

Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about a new baby... RR HSE ??   Thinking about a new baby... RR HSE ?? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 9:26 am

Pretty sure its a Nigerian scam or a mistake on the price. Should be $23900
Back to top Go down
https://nelrc.iftopic.com
DocFodge
DocFodge

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about a new baby... RR HSE ??   Thinking about a new baby... RR HSE ?? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 11:34 am

Hilltoppersx wrote:
Pretty sure its a Nigerian scam or a mistake on the price. Should be $23900

kind of what I'm thinking too. She dropped a 0 by accident. I'm buying that sucker if its #2,390.
Back to top Go down
DocFodge
DocFodge

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about a new baby... RR HSE ??   Thinking about a new baby... RR HSE ?? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 10:52 am

Total scam. Got an e-mail from the seller this morning, sounded a little fishy so I looked up the e-mail address in Google and the address showed up on numerous scammer reporting sites. The vehicle (and many others) showed up on Craigs listings all over the country. The old addage is true - If something sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Here's the e-mail I received, easy to see how people might fall for this crap:

Date: February 20, 2012 4:46:16 AM EST
To: "Rfodge@Comcast.net" <rfodge@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: 2007 Land Rover Range Rover HSE - $2390 (Delaware)
Hi,
Thank you so much for your interest! The car is still available. Has 58,127 miles, automatic trans, 1owner.It's in perfect condition,no engine/electric problems,no accidents/liens/loans.Exterior no scratches,never been repainted,Interior no rips/tears/stains,never smoked inside.I have all the car's manuals,2 spare of keys,title,documents.I'm selling the car because my child of only 24, died 4 months ago in a car accident,a drunk driver hit him and his fiancee.He was with his fiance's car coming to our home at his little brother birthday of 10 years old.This 2007 Land Rover Range Rover HSE was his car and it brings me bad memories and that's the reason I want to sell it.The price is 2,390$
Me and my husband travel a lot with our business and we want to make this deal through eBay's Buyer Protection Program.I just need your full name,full shipping address, home/cell # so I can open a case.(with no further obligation or fees).eBay will contact you with all the Transaction/shipping details you will need.We will take care of the shipping so don't worry.
We hope to hear soon from you.

For more pictures here is a link to the car's photo gallery:
http://www.use.com/bcb2df956edba311b5e6

Thank you!
Carolyn and Terry Collins
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about a new baby... RR HSE ??   Thinking about a new baby... RR HSE ?? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thinking about a new baby... RR HSE ??
Page 1 of 1