A Non-Traditional Land Rover Club
 
HomeCalendarGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 ABS Light, Three Amigos & the ABS Amigo (disco 2)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Hilltoppersx
Admin
avatar

Posts : 3182
Join date : 2010-09-28
Location : Westchester, NY

PostSubject: ABS Light, Three Amigos & the ABS Amigo (disco 2)   Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:22 am

Three Amigos are the warning lights ABS, HDC and TC all lit up at once. Common causes include an ABS modulator fault, brake dust, worn out brakes, low brake fluid, ABS sensor(s), and/or Hubs need replacement.

If you have ABS, HDC, TC and BRAKE solid or flashing you are low on brake fluid. If you have fluid in the resovoir then your E-Brake sensor is shot.

If you have ABS, HDC and TC lit up you can rent our clubs ABS Amigo. The ABS Amigo hooks up to the ODB2 port and produces a txt file that can be read on any windows PC. It will display the faults. The explanation of the faults are here.. Instructions on how to use the Amigo are here. And to rent our clubs ABS Amigo click here. Want to buy your own Amigo? Click here.

If your fault returns with 1.6, 11.1 or 11.4 then you need to follow the USVI club site fix, it can be found here.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://nelrc.iftopic.com
way2go
NELRC N00B


Posts : 1
Join date : 2012-08-01

PostSubject: Rent 3 amigos code reader   Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:25 pm

FYI - Rented the ABS Amigo reader from Ed and the club. What a bargain and help for $30! Got an 11.4 fault reading. Followed Ed's advice and I did the Option 'B' change on the USVI club site fixes. I did not disconnect the brake lines to the modulator to avoid bleeding at finish. That can be a real pain! Afterwards, took Amigo readings and no active or logged faults. Drove the Rover for two days and tested the HDC in low range and it worked well! Drove the Rover in heavy rain today and still no problems or lights. Ed was right, the fix was relatively easy. Just be patient and use penetrating oil to loosen/remove the three 4mm hex screws holding the shuttle valves in place. All the detailed instructions were great.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AdrenalinPlease
Rattle Can Specialist
avatar

Posts : 45
Join date : 2013-01-09
Location : Jerzee

PostSubject: Re: ABS Light, Three Amigos & the ABS Amigo (disco 2)   Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:09 am

Looks like I'll be needing this if I don't find a solution today. None of my systems actually work (i tried) and I have all four lights on. Brake fluid topped off.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hilltoppersx
Admin
avatar

Posts : 3182
Join date : 2010-09-28
Location : Westchester, NY

PostSubject: Re: ABS Light, Three Amigos & the ABS Amigo (disco 2)   Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:33 pm

AdrenalinPlease wrote:
Looks like I'll be needing this if I don't find a solution today. None of my systems actually work (i tried) and I have all four lights on. Brake fluid topped off.

lights coming on when the key turns on? or after you drive for a bit? if on when u turn the key its either a bad sensor or shuttle valves. if after you drive its a hub.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://nelrc.iftopic.com
AdrenalinPlease
Rattle Can Specialist
avatar

Posts : 45
Join date : 2013-01-09
Location : Jerzee

PostSubject: Re: ABS Light, Three Amigos & the ABS Amigo (disco 2)   Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:36 pm

Hilltoppersx wrote:
AdrenalinPlease wrote:
Looks like I'll be needing this if I don't find a solution today. None of my systems actually work (i tried) and I have all four lights on. Brake fluid topped off.

lights coming on when the key turns on? or after you drive for a bit? if on when u turn the key its either a bad sensor or shuttle valves. if after you drive its a hub.

Abs is on with ignition but TC and HDC come on then shut off once engine is started and then immediately come back on. Brake light is just on.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hilltoppersx
Admin
avatar

Posts : 3182
Join date : 2010-09-28
Location : Westchester, NY

PostSubject: Re: ABS Light, Three Amigos & the ABS Amigo (disco 2)   Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:37 pm

sounds like shuttle valves but who knows until you get the codes read
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://nelrc.iftopic.com
AdrenalinPlease
Rattle Can Specialist
avatar

Posts : 45
Join date : 2013-01-09
Location : Jerzee

PostSubject: Re: ABS Light, Three Amigos & the ABS Amigo (disco 2)   Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:47 pm

Hilltoppersx wrote:
sounds like shuttle valves but who knows until you get the codes read

Yeah I guess.

My concern is the brake light though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hilltoppersx
Admin
avatar

Posts : 3182
Join date : 2010-09-28
Location : Westchester, NY

PostSubject: Re: ABS Light, Three Amigos & the ABS Amigo (disco 2)   Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:49 pm

AdrenalinPlease wrote:
Hilltoppersx wrote:
sounds like shuttle valves but who knows until you get the codes read

Yeah I guess.

My concern is the brake light though.

once you take care of the 3 amigos see if the brake light goes with it. thats why i was leaning toward the shuttle valves because a sensor wouldnt set the brake light off
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://nelrc.iftopic.com
AdrenalinPlease
Rattle Can Specialist
avatar

Posts : 45
Join date : 2013-01-09
Location : Jerzee

PostSubject: Re: ABS Light, Three Amigos & the ABS Amigo (disco 2)   Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:20 pm

Hilltoppersx wrote:
AdrenalinPlease wrote:
Hilltoppersx wrote:
sounds like shuttle valves but who knows until you get the codes read

Yeah I guess.

My concern is the brake light though.

once you take care of the 3 amigos see if the brake light goes with it. thats why i was leaning toward the shuttle valves because a sensor wouldnt set the brake light off

Gotcha.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Therealassmikeg
Mud Tire Addict


Posts : 56
Join date : 2012-02-22

PostSubject: Re: ABS Light, Three Amigos & the ABS Amigo (disco 2)   Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:07 pm

You can also bypass the brake level sensor by disconnecting the
plug and jumping the 2 wires together. If the brake light goes out
you'll know brake level sensor is faulty, I've seen quite a few of these..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AdrenalinPlease
Rattle Can Specialist
avatar

Posts : 45
Join date : 2013-01-09
Location : Jerzee

PostSubject: Re: ABS Light, Three Amigos & the ABS Amigo (disco 2)   Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:37 pm

Therealassmikeg wrote:
You can also bypass the brake level sensor by disconnecting the
plug and jumping the 2 wires together. If the brake light goes out
you'll know brake level sensor is faulty, I've seen quite a few of these..

I'll have to try that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
B4X4S
British 4x4 Specialists


Posts : 38
Join date : 2012-02-22
Age : 50
Location : Elizabethtown, PA

PostSubject: Re: ABS Light, Three Amigos & the ABS Amigo (disco 2)   Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:05 am

We've seen bunches of Shuttle Valve Switch Electrical Fault Logged faults and have perfomed bunches of bypasses with great success. We even keep a modified SVS on the shelf, pre-wired and ready to go....
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.british4x4specialists.com
Hilltoppersx
Admin
avatar

Posts : 3182
Join date : 2010-09-28
Location : Westchester, NY

PostSubject: Re: ABS Light, Three Amigos & the ABS Amigo (disco 2)   Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:13 am

B4X4S wrote:
We even keep a modified SVS on the shelf, pre-wired and ready to go....

now that is a true rover shop.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://nelrc.iftopic.com
devildog01
Industrial Strength Dickhead
avatar

Posts : 617
Join date : 2010-11-29
Location : Your moms bed

PostSubject: Re: ABS Light, Three Amigos & the ABS Amigo (disco 2)   Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:02 pm

Or you can just pull the instrument cluster apart and put electical tape over any lights that may come on.Done and done.Ignorance is bliss.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AdrenalinPlease
Rattle Can Specialist
avatar

Posts : 45
Join date : 2013-01-09
Location : Jerzee

PostSubject: Re: ABS Light, Three Amigos & the ABS Amigo (disco 2)   Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:09 pm

devildog01 wrote:
Or you can just pull the instrument cluster apart and put electical tape over any lights that may come on.Done and done.Ignorance is bliss.

Yeah but that won't help the TC and abs function correctly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thebloody323
NELRC Original Gangsta
avatar

Posts : 646
Join date : 2012-03-02
Age : 35
Location : Ewing, NJ

PostSubject: Re: ABS Light, Three Amigos & the ABS Amigo (disco 2)   Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:34 pm

AdrenalinPlease wrote:
devildog01 wrote:
Or you can just pull the instrument cluster apart and put electical tape over any lights that may come on.Done and done.Ignorance is bliss.

Yeah but that won't help the TC and abs function correctly.

He's got lockers so he can do that Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AdrenalinPlease
Rattle Can Specialist
avatar

Posts : 45
Join date : 2013-01-09
Location : Jerzee

PostSubject: Re: ABS Light, Three Amigos & the ABS Amigo (disco 2)   Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:19 pm

Thebloody323 wrote:
AdrenalinPlease wrote:
devildog01 wrote:
Or you can just pull the instrument cluster apart and put electical tape over any lights that may come on.Done and done.Ignorance is bliss.

Yeah but that won't help the TC and abs function correctly.

He's got lockers so he can do that Laughing

Ah well that makes sense, I have cdl but I love the TC.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hilltoppersx
Admin
avatar

Posts : 3182
Join date : 2010-09-28
Location : Westchester, NY

PostSubject: Re: ABS Light, Three Amigos & the ABS Amigo (disco 2)   Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:21 pm

AdrenalinPlease wrote:
Thebloody323 wrote:
AdrenalinPlease wrote:
devildog01 wrote:
Or you can just pull the instrument cluster apart and put electical tape over any lights that may come on.Done and done.Ignorance is bliss.

Yeah but that won't help the TC and abs function correctly.

He's got lockers so he can do that Laughing

Ah well that makes sense, I have cdl but I love the TC.

cant disagree with that! CDL and TC are a great combo. im putting a detroit in my rangie but eventually want to put an lt230 in it so i can center lock it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://nelrc.iftopic.com
Thebloody323
NELRC Original Gangsta
avatar

Posts : 646
Join date : 2012-03-02
Age : 35
Location : Ewing, NJ

PostSubject: Re: ABS Light, Three Amigos & the ABS Amigo (disco 2)   Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:38 pm

Hilltoppersx wrote:


cant disagree with that! CDL and TC are a great combo. im putting a detroit in my rangie but eventually want to put an lt230 in it so i can center lock it.

Are you going to get the ATB from Ashcroft? Only 345 quid.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
devildog01
Industrial Strength Dickhead
avatar

Posts : 617
Join date : 2010-11-29
Location : Your moms bed

PostSubject: Re: ABS Light, Three Amigos & the ABS Amigo (disco 2)   Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:40 pm

Lockers are nice in some situations but cdl is a must have.Traction control can also be very handy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hilltoppersx
Admin
avatar

Posts : 3182
Join date : 2010-09-28
Location : Westchester, NY

PostSubject: Re: ABS Light, Three Amigos & the ABS Amigo (disco 2)   Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:48 pm

Thebloody323 wrote:
Hilltoppersx wrote:


cant disagree with that! CDL and TC are a great combo. im putting a detroit in my rangie but eventually want to put an lt230 in it so i can center lock it.

Are you going to get the ATB from Ashcroft? Only 345 quid.

anythings possible
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://nelrc.iftopic.com
AdrenalinPlease
Rattle Can Specialist
avatar

Posts : 45
Join date : 2013-01-09
Location : Jerzee

PostSubject: Re: ABS Light, Three Amigos & the ABS Amigo (disco 2)   Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:18 am

Btw I need stickers!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AdrenalinPlease
Rattle Can Specialist
avatar

Posts : 45
Join date : 2013-01-09
Location : Jerzee

PostSubject: Re: ABS Light, Three Amigos & the ABS Amigo (disco 2)   Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:20 pm

Um hello...stickers? I can haz?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hilltoppersx
Admin
avatar

Posts : 3182
Join date : 2010-09-28
Location : Westchester, NY

PostSubject: Re: ABS Light, Three Amigos & the ABS Amigo (disco 2)   Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:21 pm

AdrenalinPlease wrote:
Um hello...stickers? I can haz?

yeah show up 2 an event! i dont feel like UPS'n em. I'll have other ones available at the annual.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://nelrc.iftopic.com
AdrenalinPlease
Rattle Can Specialist
avatar

Posts : 45
Join date : 2013-01-09
Location : Jerzee

PostSubject: Re: ABS Light, Three Amigos & the ABS Amigo (disco 2)   Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:30 pm

When's the next event? I'm in...
I accept ups...lol
Please?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: ABS Light, Three Amigos & the ABS Amigo (disco 2)   

Back to top Go down
 
ABS Light, Three Amigos & the ABS Amigo (disco 2)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» ABS Light, Three Amigos & the ABS Amigo (disco 2)
» Mis amigos de siempre
» anyone have an ABS amigo ?
» Pass Key Light?
» Light Warrior Deck

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Tech Help-
Jump to: