A Non-Traditional Land Rover Club
 
HomeCalendarGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 The NELRC Annual - 6/8/12 - 6/9/12

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
AuthorMessage
durt d1ver
NELRC Original Gangsta
avatar

Posts : 932
Join date : 2010-10-14
Age : 37
Location : Jersey Shore

PostSubject: Re: The NELRC Annual - 6/8/12 - 6/9/12   Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:14 am

Thebloody323 wrote:

True, and I think my rig as it is now it should take everything I throw at it (I'll need to add sliders though). But accidents do happen so if I smash out a window or bend something I can't really get to work that Monday unless I have a second car.

And that is one of the reasons I took the green/blue tour of the place, and not the blue/black tour.

_________________
Brian
04 disco S
I offroad in my slippers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
avatar

Posts : 2386
Join date : 2011-04-09
Age : 29
Location : IOWA

PostSubject: Re: The NELRC Annual - 6/8/12 - 6/9/12   Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:23 am

Sounds like you guys need to buy some trail trucks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thebloody323
NELRC Original Gangsta
avatar

Posts : 646
Join date : 2012-03-02
Age : 35
Location : Ewing, NJ

PostSubject: Re: The NELRC Annual - 6/8/12 - 6/9/12   Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:33 am

Jake wrote:
Sounds like you guys need to buy some trail trucks.

All in due time, I need to find a better job that pays more so I can afford another Rig or lockers for this one and then it will become a dedicated trail rig.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
avatar

Posts : 2386
Join date : 2011-04-09
Age : 29
Location : IOWA

PostSubject: Re: The NELRC Annual - 6/8/12 - 6/9/12   Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:36 am

Thebloody323 wrote:
Jake wrote:
Sounds like you guys need to buy some trail trucks.

All in due time, I need to find a better job that pays more so I can afford another Rig or lockers for this one and then it will become a dedicated trail rig.

Yeaa I agree - only put lockers in it if you plan to take it to places where you need lockers. Lockers can get you into tricky situations - usually where things get broken.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thebloody323
NELRC Original Gangsta
avatar

Posts : 646
Join date : 2012-03-02
Age : 35
Location : Ewing, NJ

PostSubject: Re: The NELRC Annual - 6/8/12 - 6/9/12   Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:40 am

Jake wrote:

Yeaa I agree - only put lockers in it if you plan to take it to places where you need lockers. Lockers can get you into tricky situations - usually where things get broken.

All lockers do is let you get stuck in even more inaccessible locations Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Turf
NELRC Master
avatar

Posts : 431
Join date : 2011-11-13
Age : 33
Location : Philadelphia (11th and green)

PostSubject: Re: The NELRC Annual - 6/8/12 - 6/9/12   Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:30 pm

so many things to address

1) as always, brett....fuck you. You looked even older and more haggard than usual. If that is what turning sixty looks like i'll blow my brains out to spare myself the embarrassment of going out in public looking like you.

2) Billy, super sorry to hear you went out like that. I totally get it though, you droped a lot of glass in a short period. It's always good to see you and lexi. And she and beards gf would have tied for best gf of the trip if it weren't for my gf ed squeeling like a stuck pig in tatton's car, giving him the clear title of best gf of the trip. Plus he snuggles like a pro. (no homo?)

3) trip was amazing, ed, thanks for all of it. I'm half bummed and half thrilled i didnt have to go through that creek bed. I feel like winching that rrc out was the best thing that ever happened to me. I have fearful visions of blowing a diff out.

4) mustache of the weekend goes to cairo that service dog of chad's from pitt. I just dont want to say he didnt win anything cuz he'd chew my face off, in fact, cairo was the gf of the weekend too. down boy

diy snorkel worked like a champ, air box was bone dry. always good news.

pics to follow
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Turf
NELRC Master
avatar

Posts : 431
Join date : 2011-11-13
Age : 33
Location : Philadelphia (11th and green)

PostSubject: Re: The NELRC Annual - 6/8/12 - 6/9/12   Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:33 pm

RC



bigdog69





Back to top Go down
View user profile
Turf
NELRC Master
avatar

Posts : 431
Join date : 2011-11-13
Age : 33
Location : Philadelphia (11th and green)

PostSubject: Re: The NELRC Annual - 6/8/12 - 6/9/12   Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:35 pm

Anthracite:








Back to top Go down
View user profile
donbunnell
Still New Guy


Posts : 9
Join date : 2012-05-23

PostSubject: Re: The NELRC Annual - 6/8/12 - 6/9/12   Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:04 am

Thanks for the great time on Friday and Friday night. Nice to meet some people and always a pleasure to see some old faces. I wish I could have done Antrhacite on Sat. The pic of the place look great - nothing like fresh trail that hasn't been made twice as wide and doesn't have the lines burned in yet.

But we had a good run on Friday at RC. Checked out the new zone which is still pretty fresh in areas. I know Adrian/bossman was really bummed about blowing up a CV 50ft into the woods but I told him at least he got to experience RC and I am sure we will be back soon. Plus he and I learned a bunch from trail side repairing that day.

Wheelin' with Dana, Neil, Matt and his wife and the guy with the hot Disco (sorry I cannot remember your name) was a blast. With Matt or Dana in front you don't stand around too long and aren't getting spotted unless you ask. I enjoyed the pace and the terrain. Still pretty stoked on the Double Dip line, even tho I dumbed it down a bit. (I was worried as hell when Dana dog-pissed his 90 about 2-3'!)

Thanks to all those guys for the trailside help on Bossman's 90 - it would have been great to get that back together 100% but it was nice to drive back 3 hours. That little 200tdi did great on highway - just under 70mph the whole way.


Jake wrote:
Thebloody323 wrote:
Looking at the carnage from this weekend, I think I am going to have to keep my second car if I want to keep up with you guys.

No way - just build your truck to handle anything and you will do fine. I was very happy with how my truck did this weekend. I wheeled the hardest trails and didnt break anything at all. (knock on wood)..

It all comes down to how well your truck is built, experience, how much you care about your truck and driving style.

Jake - great meeting you and talking turkey around the camp fire. The white Disco looked great and I'm sure it did nicely on trail. Think you hit it on the head - build, experience and driving style. Like anything know your limit and keep close to the edge of it. I was pretty happy with how my truck did but still planning on some mods (like getting stronger axles for up front and sorting out the cooling).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rijosho
3 Amigos Detective


Posts : 108
Join date : 2011-03-29

PostSubject: Re: The NELRC Annual - 6/8/12 - 6/9/12   Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:40 am

donbunnell wrote:
I was pretty happy with how my truck did but still planning on some mods (like getting stronger axles for up front and sorting out the cooling).

Don I was wondering if you brought your truck! Havne't seen any shots of it yet in all the pics. I think every single D-90 ran really hot last weekend, so you're not alone there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
donbunnell
Still New Guy


Posts : 9
Join date : 2012-05-23

PostSubject: Re: The NELRC Annual - 6/8/12 - 6/9/12   Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:26 pm

rijosho wrote:
donbunnell wrote:
I was pretty happy with how my truck did but still planning on some mods (like getting stronger axles for up front and sorting out the cooling).

Don I was wondering if you brought your truck! Havne't seen any shots of it yet in all the pics. I think every single D-90 ran really hot last weekend, so you're not alone there.

Yeah, got things put together last minute (as always). I think bossman took some pics but he's been busy as hell this week. Dana and those guys move too fast for photo-ops Very Happy

Weird that every 90 was running hot. All the Discos in our group would idle all day and didn't seem to be an issues (except for the one at the begining).

Bummed I didn't get to wheel with you Josh - and the same with a lot of the other D90 guys. One of these days!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KingKong8247
ABS Modulator Fondler
avatar

Posts : 197
Join date : 2011-03-27
Age : 32

PostSubject: Re: The NELRC Annual - 6/8/12 - 6/9/12   Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:57 am

Turf wrote:


2) Billy, super sorry to hear you went out like that. I totally get it though, you droped a lot of glass in a short period. It's always good to see you and lexi. And she and beards gf would have tied for best gf of the trip if it weren't for my gf ed squeeling like a stuck pig in tatton's car, giving him the clear title of best gf of the trip. Plus he snuggles like a pro. (no homo?)


Thanks man. Lexi's graduation party was the day after so I had to make it home. After the first window I thought it couldn't get worse. When the second broke I knew my luck was running out on the trail. By leaving early though I was able to pick up some plexi glass and cut it to fit that day. Can't even tell the windows are busted now.

Since I missed Rausch on the Friday I'd like to go in July sometime if any of you guys are interested.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jamesdisco97
NELRC N00B


Posts : 4
Join date : 2011-10-27
Age : 36
Location : Philadelphia

PostSubject: Re: The NELRC Annual - 6/8/12 - 6/9/12   Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:20 am

KingKong8247 wrote:


Thanks man. Lexi's graduation party was the day after so I had to make it home. After the first window I thought it couldn't get worse. When the second broke I knew my luck was running out on the trail. By leaving early though I was able to pick up some plexi glass and cut it to fit that day. Can't even tell the windows are busted now.

Since I missed Rausch on the Friday I'd like to go in July sometime if any of you guys are interested.


I wouldn't mind going back up end of July or August. I could always break more windows..

You guys have got to try this bbq place we hit up on the way back. I think I wept a tear it was so amazing. Shakedown BBQ



Back to top Go down
View user profile
Turf
NELRC Master
avatar

Posts : 431
Join date : 2011-11-13
Age : 33
Location : Philadelphia (11th and green)

PostSubject: Re: The NELRC Annual - 6/8/12 - 6/9/12   Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:29 am

It's in Harrisburg. so if you're headed that way, def check it out. I don't think I'll be back out to rausch until the ROTR event. I'm searching for a motorcycle to build right now. So I have to chill on the truck.
I'm glad to hear plexiglas was a quick fix. And tell Lexi I said congrats
Back to top Go down
View user profile
donbunnell
Still New Guy


Posts : 9
Join date : 2012-05-23

PostSubject: Re: The NELRC Annual - 6/8/12 - 6/9/12   Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:12 pm

BTW, I noticed I lost a QT front diff guard at RC's on Friday. I knew the bolts were loose but forgot to tighten them. Noticed it yesterday when fixing the rear bolts on the axle shafts. Thought I heard a bolt or something fall. Think we were in the Area 51 area of the NorthEast zone. If any of you LR heads find it and it will work for you, it's all yours.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
durt d1ver
NELRC Original Gangsta
avatar

Posts : 932
Join date : 2010-10-14
Age : 37
Location : Jersey Shore

PostSubject: Re: The NELRC Annual - 6/8/12 - 6/9/12   Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:08 pm

everyone seems to be having issues with Qt's lately.

_________________
Brian
04 disco S
I offroad in my slippers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
avatar

Posts : 2386
Join date : 2011-04-09
Age : 29
Location : IOWA

PostSubject: Re: The NELRC Annual - 6/8/12 - 6/9/12   Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:10 pm

durt d1ver wrote:
everyone seems to be having issues with Qt's lately.

Yea dont know if I mentioned it or not but Justin ripped his off too winching up a hill. broke off at the welds...

My rear QT is still on there and holding strong
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rijosho
3 Amigos Detective


Posts : 108
Join date : 2011-03-29

PostSubject: Re: The NELRC Annual - 6/8/12 - 6/9/12   Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:14 pm

donbunnell wrote:
BTW, I noticed I lost a QT front diff guard at RC's on Friday. I knew the bolts were loose but forgot to tighten them. Noticed it yesterday when fixing the rear bolts on the axle shafts. Thought I heard a bolt or something fall. Think we were in the Area 51 area of the NorthEast zone. If any of you LR heads find it and it will work for you, it's all yours.

I thought the pitman arm would keep one from coming all the way off?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
avatar

Posts : 2386
Join date : 2011-04-09
Age : 29
Location : IOWA

PostSubject: Re: The NELRC Annual - 6/8/12 - 6/9/12   Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:28 pm

rijosho wrote:
donbunnell wrote:
BTW, I noticed I lost a QT front diff guard at RC's on Friday. I knew the bolts were loose but forgot to tighten them. Noticed it yesterday when fixing the rear bolts on the axle shafts. Thought I heard a bolt or something fall. Think we were in the Area 51 area of the NorthEast zone. If any of you LR heads find it and it will work for you, it's all yours.

I thought the pitman arm would keep one from coming all the way off?

I think you mean panhard rod Very Happy

and no - not the QT's they are welded on by a couple tabs like this.



Mine never came off but the welder that put mine on at the time made sure it wasnt going to go anywhere and welded both sides all the way thru.

The only problem I had with mine was a rock found it's way above the guard itself (they hang a little low) and dented my diff pan

I also dented the skull on my new diff guard this past weekend ha
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rijosho
3 Amigos Detective


Posts : 108
Join date : 2011-03-29

PostSubject: Re: The NELRC Annual - 6/8/12 - 6/9/12   Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:10 pm

Jake wrote:
I think you mean panhard rod Very Happy

and no - not the QT's they are welded on by a couple tabs like this.



Mine never came off but the welder that put mine on at the time made sure it wasnt going to go anywhere and welded both sides all the way thru.

The only problem I had with mine was a rock found it's way above the guard itself (they hang a little low) and dented my diff pan

I also dented the skull on my new diff guard this past weekend ha

Ah dammit I always say Pitman arm regardless of whether I'm actually talking about the Pitman arm or the Panhard rod - Panhard it hard to remember for some reason! Yes. Panhard.

Oh, OK I just put the Equipes on last week and had to remove the panhard to get it around - the real pain in the ass was getting that panhard back on by myself since I have a lift, it was making the bolt hole on the panhard not line up with where it was before it was out...I guess that's one of the reasons they make adjustable ones! I always thought the Equipe ones were similar to the QTs although...man! - a ton of the QTs have broken,sheared or broken off the last few times I've gone wheeling at Rausch with others.

Here's mine.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Turf
NELRC Master
avatar

Posts : 431
Join date : 2011-11-13
Age : 33
Location : Philadelphia (11th and green)

PostSubject: Re: The NELRC Annual - 6/8/12 - 6/9/12   Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:16 pm

Big ass drift pin bro
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rijosho
3 Amigos Detective


Posts : 108
Join date : 2011-03-29

PostSubject: Re: The NELRC Annual - 6/8/12 - 6/9/12   Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:33 pm

Drift pin doesn't work there because there's lateral tension on the panhard, and only one direction the bolt could go through. I tried the pin technique, but there was no way to get the bolt in without removing the pin, and when the pin was removed the tension pulled the panhard back out of place
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Turf
NELRC Master
avatar

Posts : 431
Join date : 2011-11-13
Age : 33
Location : Philadelphia (11th and green)

PostSubject: Re: The NELRC Annual - 6/8/12 - 6/9/12   Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:34 pm

Ratchet straps then.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rijosho
3 Amigos Detective


Posts : 108
Join date : 2011-03-29

PostSubject: Re: The NELRC Annual - 6/8/12 - 6/9/12   Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:40 pm

Turf wrote:
Ratchet straps then.

That's a pretty good idea actually.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
donbunnell
Still New Guy


Posts : 9
Join date : 2012-05-23

PostSubject: Re: The NELRC Annual - 6/8/12 - 6/9/12   Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:37 pm

My QT guard was different than the one pictured. It bolted to the 2 bottom bolts in the 3rd member and there was a piece that wrapped around and I was supposed to weld a tab to the top of the diff for another bolt area. I never got around to it but it did work well. Problem was I lost one of those bolts and used one that wasn't an exact fit but held ok. Between driving out there and bouncing around I'm sure both bolts broke loose and it just feel off. Will end up with a sewer cap at some point. One thing to note, the stock diff cover plate on the Rover axles are thin!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: The NELRC Annual - 6/8/12 - 6/9/12   

Back to top Go down
 
The NELRC Annual - 6/8/12 - 6/9/12
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 14 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
 Similar topics
-
» 7/17/15 - 7/18/15 - NELRC Annual
» NELRC Annual 2016
» THE ART OF ELYSIUM 5TH ANNUAL HEAVEN GALA - Jan. 14, 2012
» Review: The Doctor who annual 1965
» Gerry co-hosting APJ Event - 6th Annual Hollywood Domino Pre-Oscar Gala & Tournament

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Outings-
Jump to: