A Non-Traditional Land Rover Club
 
HomeCalendarGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Summer in the Sand I - 7/9/11-7/10/11

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Hilltoppersx
Admin
avatar

Posts : 3182
Join date : 2010-09-28
Location : Westchester, NY

PostSubject: Summer in the Sand I - 7/9/11-7/10/11   Mon May 16, 2011 12:42 pm

More Info Time: Saturday, July 9 at 9:00am - July 10 at 4:00pm

Location: Wharton State Forest (Pine Barrens)

Meeting Spot: TBD

Visit us on Facebook North East Land Rover Club (NELRC)

More Info: Some will camp (me) some will stay at a local hotel. we are camping at Goshen Pond Camprground in Wharton State park (it's cheap) http://tiny.cc/elvfk

hope to see you there! for more info on the park http://www.state.nj.us/dep/parksandforests/parks/wharton.html

RSVP on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/#!/event.php?eid=211793238853001
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://nelrc.iftopic.com
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
avatar

Posts : 2386
Join date : 2011-04-09
Age : 29
Location : IOWA

PostSubject: Re: Summer in the Sand I - 7/9/11-7/10/11   Mon May 16, 2011 10:04 pm

We should do a one day trip in June it's just so close to us... (and free) except for gas of course.

Wanted to add - I am down for one day spur of the moment trips.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KingKong8247
ABS Modulator Fondler
avatar

Posts : 197
Join date : 2011-03-27
Age : 32

PostSubject: Re: Summer in the Sand I - 7/9/11-7/10/11   Tue May 17, 2011 10:29 pm

Hey Jake, Saturdays I am always free and the pines is like a half hour from my house. Anytime you're feeling like making a spur of the moment trip hit me up.

But yeah any pines trip I am down since its just so close to me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
avatar

Posts : 2386
Join date : 2011-04-09
Age : 29
Location : IOWA

PostSubject: Re: Summer in the Sand I - 7/9/11-7/10/11   Tue May 17, 2011 10:59 pm

KingKong8247 wrote:
Hey Jake, Saturdays I am always free and the pines is like a half hour from my house. Anytime you're feeling like making a spur of the moment trip hit me up.

But yeah any pines trip I am down since its just so close to me.

Be careful what you wish for! I should have my winch middle of next week too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
avatar

Posts : 2386
Join date : 2011-04-09
Age : 29
Location : IOWA

PostSubject: Re: Summer in the Sand I - 7/9/11-7/10/11   Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:06 pm

Jake wrote:
KingKong8247 wrote:
Hey Jake, Saturdays I am always free and the pines is like a half hour from my house. Anytime you're feeling like making a spur of the moment trip hit me up.

But yeah any pines trip I am down since its just so close to me.

Be careful what you wish for! I should have my winch middle of next week too.

So Billy and I may go out after we install spring spacers and do my rotoflex conversion on June 10th. I plan on heading out early so we can get to work on the job early.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hilltoppersx
Admin
avatar

Posts : 3182
Join date : 2010-09-28
Location : Westchester, NY

PostSubject: Re: Summer in the Sand I - 7/9/11-7/10/11   Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:35 am

awesome! have a good time. im going to be coming back from Albany that day. tomorrow im going to have all day to tear into my truck. get the sways off and hunt down this starter problem.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://nelrc.iftopic.com
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
avatar

Posts : 2386
Join date : 2011-04-09
Age : 29
Location : IOWA

PostSubject: Re: Summer in the Sand I - 7/9/11-7/10/11   Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:39 am

Hilltoppersx wrote:
awesome! have a good time. im going to be coming back from Albany that day. tomorrow im going to have all day to tear into my truck. get the sways off and hunt down this starter problem.

Good luck! You can see my list in the other thread :-/ tons to do!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hilltoppersx
Admin
avatar

Posts : 3182
Join date : 2010-09-28
Location : Westchester, NY

PostSubject: Re: Summer in the Sand I - 7/9/11-7/10/11   Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:00 am

i got a camping stove now i need to build that table that will fold up to the SS gate penel so i have a mobile cooktop. looking forward to hitting the pines.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://nelrc.iftopic.com
KingKong8247
ABS Modulator Fondler
avatar

Posts : 197
Join date : 2011-03-27
Age : 32

PostSubject: Re: Summer in the Sand I - 7/9/11-7/10/11   Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:34 pm

So Jake and I hit the pines for a few hours today. We went on some of the trails that we hit last time since it's all we could remember. It was very dry. All the mud holes and long water trails were no longer there. Then we spent a good chunk of time looking for that lake crossing we did last time. Couldn't find it though.

Also since it's gonna be hot, if we camp at the same place again there is a sweet rope swing withing walking distance of the campsite. If we get to the site early enough or the next day we could hit that up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
avatar

Posts : 2386
Join date : 2011-04-09
Age : 29
Location : IOWA

PostSubject: Re: Summer in the Sand I - 7/9/11-7/10/11   Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:31 am

KingKong8247 wrote:
So Jake and I hit the pines for a few hours today. We went on some of the trails that we hit last time since it's all we could remember. It was very dry. All the mud holes and long water trails were no longer there. Then we spent a good chunk of time looking for that lake crossing we did last time. Couldn't find it though.

Also since it's gonna be hot, if we camp at the same place again there is a sweet rope swing withing walking distance of the campsite. If we get to the site early enough or the next day we could hit that up.

And we need to eat at that wings place you pointed out Saturday night!

It was seriously dry as a bone. We should all do some research and figure out what's good before we head out there. Otherwise we will be driving on sand bumps all day lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
avatar

Posts : 2386
Join date : 2011-04-09
Age : 29
Location : IOWA

PostSubject: Re: Summer in the Sand I - 7/9/11-7/10/11   Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:41 am

So who all is coming?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hilltoppersx
Admin
avatar

Posts : 3182
Join date : 2010-09-28
Location : Westchester, NY

PostSubject: Re: Summer in the Sand I - 7/9/11-7/10/11   Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:47 am

i have all the trails mapped out from our last trip so we can head up north and hit up that water spot and we will keep an eye on the weather if we get a descent amount of rain we can hit up one of the trails we hit on sunday last time. did you guys check out the spot that Brian got stuck?

so far i think there is 6 trucks with a definite.

Fennessey can't make it cuz of his ankle, Shuler is up in the air with work (although i would like to see the red truck there!)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://nelrc.iftopic.com
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
avatar

Posts : 2386
Join date : 2011-04-09
Age : 29
Location : IOWA

PostSubject: Re: Summer in the Sand I - 7/9/11-7/10/11   Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:31 am

Hilltoppersx wrote:
i have all the trails mapped out from our last trip so we can head up north and hit up that water spot and we will keep an eye on the weather if we get a descent amount of rain we can hit up one of the trails we hit on sunday last time. did you guys check out the spot that Brian got stuck?

so far i think there is 6 trucks with a definite.

Fennessey can't make it cuz of his ankle, Shuler is up in the air with work (although i would like to see the red truck there!)

Good deal I'm excited for this now we all just have to do a rain dance. Will have my winch wired by then and hope to really get to test my new tires. We didnt go back where Brian got stuck. We were kinda lost but we did hit some of the stuff we drove through last time. It was only mud/sand and very little water..

That's too bad Fennessy cant make it. Maybe he can ride a long with somebody. I hope Shuler makes it althogh seeing his truck might motivate me to go bigger with mine ha.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Long Haul
NELRC Original Gangsta
avatar

Posts : 696
Join date : 2010-10-07
Age : 38
Location : Lancaster Pa

PostSubject: Re: Summer in the Sand I - 7/9/11-7/10/11   Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:42 pm

Yeah I usually know if I can make trips the day before hand. Sorry Ed the red trucks sitting parked till I get enough cash together to get back working on it again, but its slowly coming along. The plan is to get it together for ROTR this fall.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
avatar

Posts : 2386
Join date : 2011-04-09
Age : 29
Location : IOWA

PostSubject: Re: Summer in the Sand I - 7/9/11-7/10/11   Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:59 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYw-7QN-vqY

This is where you almost got stuck Ed!

The secret is to go to the right, cut a HARD left while gas pedal is on the floor and RAMP the island to the other side.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hilltoppersx
Admin
avatar

Posts : 3182
Join date : 2010-09-28
Location : Westchester, NY

PostSubject: Re: Summer in the Sand I - 7/9/11-7/10/11   Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:29 pm

hahah thats hilarious.. see a D2 is more capable than a 110!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://nelrc.iftopic.com
durt d1ver
NELRC Original Gangsta
avatar

Posts : 932
Join date : 2010-10-14
Age : 37
Location : Jersey Shore

PostSubject: Re: Summer in the Sand I - 7/9/11-7/10/11   Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:33 pm

Hilltoppersx wrote:
hahah thats hilarious.. see a D2 is more capable than a 110!

I believe that's Dan's D90. Don't you know the difference between a 90 and a 110? And that looks like Jarek pulling him out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hilltoppersx
Admin
avatar

Posts : 3182
Join date : 2010-09-28
Location : Westchester, NY

PostSubject: Re: Summer in the Sand I - 7/9/11-7/10/11   Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:42 pm

durt d1ver wrote:
Hilltoppersx wrote:
hahah thats hilarious.. see a D2 is more capable than a 110!

I believe that's Dan's D90. Don't you know the difference between a 90 and a 110? And that looks like Jarek pulling him out.

lol busting my balls, i watched it on my cell while i was on the shitter so give me a break.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://nelrc.iftopic.com
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
avatar

Posts : 2386
Join date : 2011-04-09
Age : 29
Location : IOWA

PostSubject: Re: Summer in the Sand I - 7/9/11-7/10/11   Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:44 pm

Hilltoppersx wrote:
durt d1ver wrote:
Hilltoppersx wrote:
hahah thats hilarious.. see a D2 is more capable than a 110!

I believe that's Dan's D90. Don't you know the difference between a 90 and a 110? And that looks like Jarek pulling him out.

lol busting my balls, i watched it on my cell while i was on the shitter so give me a break.

and dont you know the difference between a d1 and a d2? lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hilltoppersx
Admin
avatar

Posts : 3182
Join date : 2010-09-28
Location : Westchester, NY

PostSubject: Re: Summer in the Sand I - 7/9/11-7/10/11   Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:00 pm

Jake wrote:
Hilltoppersx wrote:
durt d1ver wrote:
Hilltoppersx wrote:
hahah thats hilarious.. see a D2 is more capable than a 110!

I believe that's Dan's D90. Don't you know the difference between a 90 and a 110? And that looks like Jarek pulling him out.

lol busting my balls, i watched it on my cell while i was on the shitter so give me a break.

and dont you know the difference between a d1 and a d2? lol

i was saying my D2. i didnt get stuck. had to pull a crazy move to get out but i made it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://nelrc.iftopic.com
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
avatar

Posts : 2386
Join date : 2011-04-09
Age : 29
Location : IOWA

PostSubject: Re: Summer in the Sand I - 7/9/11-7/10/11   Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:18 pm

Hilltoppersx wrote:
Jake wrote:
Hilltoppersx wrote:
durt d1ver wrote:
Hilltoppersx wrote:
hahah thats hilarious.. see a D2 is more capable than a 110!

I believe that's Dan's D90. Don't you know the difference between a 90 and a 110? And that looks like Jarek pulling him out.

lol busting my balls, i watched it on my cell while i was on the shitter so give me a break.

and dont you know the difference between a d1 and a d2? lol

i was saying my D2. i didnt get stuck. had to pull a crazy move to get out but i made it.

OHHHH well yea of course you made it - you took the bypass to the right ;-)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
samnt650
Guy Who Knows Shit
avatar

Posts : 78
Join date : 2011-06-28
Location : C-NJ

PostSubject: Re: Summer in the Sand I - 7/9/11-7/10/11   Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:58 am

Hello, I am fairly new to the off-roading. Interested meeting up with you on Sunday. When & where should I go? I have a stock Disco3, would the trail cause damage to truck since I dont have slider or after market skid?

Already have tow strap and shackles.

Thanks..

Sam
Back to top Go down
View user profile
durt d1ver
NELRC Original Gangsta
avatar

Posts : 932
Join date : 2010-10-14
Age : 37
Location : Jersey Shore

PostSubject: Re: Summer in the Sand I - 7/9/11-7/10/11   Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:02 am

samnt650 wrote:
Hello, I am fairly new to the off-roading. Interested meeting up with you on Sunday. When & where should I go? I have a stock Disco3, would the trail cause damage to truck since I dont have slider or after market skid?

Already have tow strap and shackles.

Thanks..

Sam

Sam,
You should be fine. The worst you have to worry about is the paint being scratched, where some of the trails get a little narrow. If Ed ever gets around to booking and confirming the camp site, you could meet there on Sunday morning.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
samnt650
Guy Who Knows Shit
avatar

Posts : 78
Join date : 2011-06-28
Location : C-NJ

PostSubject: Re: Summer in the Sand I - 7/9/11-7/10/11   Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:13 am

Thanks... Not too worry about the paint. Truck already scratched from 2 previous trail run at the Pine. Had the family with me on those two trips, and they didn't want to see the truck cross any mud or pond. This time, I'm trying to slowly push the limit (while leaving them at home) Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
avatar

Posts : 2386
Join date : 2011-04-09
Age : 29
Location : IOWA

PostSubject: Re: Summer in the Sand I - 7/9/11-7/10/11   Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:44 am

samnt650 wrote:
Thanks... Not too worry about the paint. Truck already scratched from 2 previous trail run at the Pine. Had the family with me on those two trips, and they didn't want to see the truck cross any mud or pond. This time, I'm trying to slowly push the limit (while leaving them at home) Very Happy

Yea man bring out th LR3 I'm interested to check out it's capabilities.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Summer in the Sand I - 7/9/11-7/10/11   

Back to top Go down
 
Summer in the Sand I - 7/9/11-7/10/11
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Summer Haven Sand Pits near Augusta
» Gravel or sand
» Tiffany Hicks, the Lady Behind the Mask. Summer 1991 MCIFA interview
» BADASS cruise night and car show meets for spring/summer?
» Is Tahitian Moon Sand okay for bristlenoses?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Outings-
Jump to: