A Non-Traditional Land Rover Club
 
HomeCalendarGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share
 

 Taureg Rallye

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

Posts : 3183
Join date : 2010-09-28
Location : Westchester, NY

Taureg Rallye Empty
PostSubject: Taureg Rallye   Taureg Rallye I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 9:08 am

anyone been following the Taureg rallye? There was some good video of Day 4 when Dave Marsh and Tom Neathway got stuck on a dune. Dave is my buddy over at QT. They are racin with the Race2Recovery team with two QT Wildcats and their support vehicles are 3 Defender 110's.

Here is the video from day 4
https://youtu.be/BJm0GzDpQbU

Marsh/Neathway were in 28th place after Day 3 im guessing they lost a lot of time on day 4 struggling with that dune. I'm sure they will drop further when results are posted later today. Needless to say just finishing is a great accomplishment.

here are the current standings
http://tuareg-live.com/overall-standing/

Taureg Rallye 42310910
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://nelrc.iftopic.com
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

Posts : 3183
Join date : 2010-09-28
Location : Westchester, NY

Taureg Rallye Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taureg Rallye   Taureg Rallye I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 5:16 pm

they took damage!

Taureg Rallye 53302810
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://nelrc.iftopic.com
SPAS12
ABS Modulator Fondler
SPAS12

Posts : 162
Join date : 2011-10-26

Taureg Rallye Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taureg Rallye   Taureg Rallye I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 8:42 pm

I want those wheels!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jveen
NELRC Pack Leader
NELRC Pack Leader
jveen

Posts : 534
Join date : 2011-06-12
Age : 34

Taureg Rallye Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taureg Rallye   Taureg Rallye I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 10:56 pm

Are those the TF. Dakar wheels
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

Posts : 3183
Join date : 2010-09-28
Location : Westchester, NY

Taureg Rallye Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taureg Rallye   Taureg Rallye I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 3:33 pm

jveen wrote:
Are those the TF. Dakar wheels

no. The terrafirma doesnt have even spacing between the spokes and there are less spokes. I left them a message. Not sure what rims they are.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://nelrc.iftopic.com
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

Posts : 2386
Join date : 2011-04-09
Age : 31
Location : IOWA

Taureg Rallye Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taureg Rallye   Taureg Rallye I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 7:32 pm

damn that race looks miserable..

And the wildcats have d1/d90/rrc wheel pattern so they wont fit your truck Very Happy

Buy the bead locks!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jveen
NELRC Pack Leader
NELRC Pack Leader
jveen

Posts : 534
Join date : 2011-06-12
Age : 34

Taureg Rallye Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taureg Rallye   Taureg Rallye I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 7:57 pm

Quote :
jveen wrote:
Are those the TF. Dakar wheels


no. The terrafirma doesnt have even spacing between the spokes and there are less spokes. I left them a message. Not sure what rims they are.

I see what you mean Ed I like the TF's but @ $369 a wheel that's a little much.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

Posts : 2386
Join date : 2011-04-09
Age : 31
Location : IOWA

Taureg Rallye Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taureg Rallye   Taureg Rallye I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 8:00 pm

jveen wrote:
Quote :
jveen wrote:
Are those the TF. Dakar wheels


no. The terrafirma doesnt have even spacing between the spokes and there are less spokes. I left them a message. Not sure what rims they are.

I see what you mean Ed I like the TF's but @ $369 a wheel that's a little much.

STOP SHOPPING AT ATLANTIC BRITISH!!! They are only $305 + shipping from Justin.

If I had a d2 and ran 32s-33's i'd buy these.. If they made them in 15x8 and more backspacing they would be better

http://lucky8llc.com/Products.aspx?ProductID=7253
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jveen
NELRC Pack Leader
NELRC Pack Leader
jveen

Posts : 534
Join date : 2011-06-12
Age : 34

Taureg Rallye Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taureg Rallye   Taureg Rallye I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 8:12 pm

Quote :
jveen wrote:
Quote:
jveen wrote:
Are those the TF. Dakar wheels


no. The terrafirma doesnt have even spacing between the spokes and there are less spokes. I left them a message. Not sure what rims they are.


I see what you mean Ed I like the TF's but @ $369 a wheel that's a little much.


STOP SHOPPING AT ATLANTIC BRITISH!!! They are only $305 + shipping from Justin.

If I had a d2 and ran 32s-33's i'd buy these.. If they made them in 15x8 and more backspacing they would be better

http://lucky8llc.com/Products.aspx?ProductID=7253

I did thats the price in Rovers North magazine/catalog.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

Posts : 2386
Join date : 2011-04-09
Age : 31
Location : IOWA

Taureg Rallye Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taureg Rallye   Taureg Rallye I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 8:24 pm

jveen wrote:
Quote :
jveen wrote:
Quote:
jveen wrote:
Are those the TF. Dakar wheels


no. The terrafirma doesnt have even spacing between the spokes and there are less spokes. I left them a message. Not sure what rims they are.


I see what you mean Ed I like the TF's but @ $369 a wheel that's a little much.


STOP SHOPPING AT ATLANTIC BRITISH!!! They are only $305 + shipping from Justin.

If I had a d2 and ran 32s-33's i'd buy these.. If they made them in 15x8 and more backspacing they would be better

http://lucky8llc.com/Products.aspx?ProductID=7253

I did thats the price in Rovers North magazine/catalog.

LOL or Rovers North.. All that shit is crazy marked up.. I knew I saw that price too - the pic with the RRC on the dakar rims was sweet
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

Posts : 3183
Join date : 2010-09-28
Location : Westchester, NY

Taureg Rallye Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taureg Rallye   Taureg Rallye I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 8:26 pm

Each vendor has different pricing on everything. Some carry companies that others don't. I like Atlantic British for certain things, I like justin for some, underground rovers, rovers north. They all have their advantages and disadvantages.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://nelrc.iftopic.com
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

Posts : 2386
Join date : 2011-04-09
Age : 31
Location : IOWA

Taureg Rallye Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taureg Rallye   Taureg Rallye I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 8:31 pm

Hilltoppersx wrote:
Each vendor has different pricing on everything. Some carry companies that others don't. I like Atlantic British for certain things, I like justin for some, underground rovers, rovers north. They all have their advantages and disadvantages.

Justin can get me what I am looking for, at a better price than all other vendors 9 times out of 10. He has a ton of stuff that he doesn't show on the site. I call him, tell him what I need, he gives me a good price and its at my door two days later. Or he special orders it from the UK like the 50MM flares I just ordered...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

Posts : 3183
Join date : 2010-09-28
Location : Westchester, NY

Taureg Rallye Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taureg Rallye   Taureg Rallye I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 8:36 pm

Jake wrote:
Hilltoppersx wrote:
Each vendor has different pricing on everything. Some carry companies that others don't. I like Atlantic British for certain things, I like justin for some, underground rovers, rovers north. They all have their advantages and disadvantages.

Justin can get me what I am looking for, at a better price than all other vendors 9 times out of 10. He has a ton of stuff that he doesn't show on the site. I call him, tell him what I need, he gives me a good price and its at my door two days later. Or he special orders it from the UK like the 50MM flares I just ordered...

Except if it's a vendor he doesnt carry. Asfir, Britpart among others.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://nelrc.iftopic.com
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

Posts : 2386
Join date : 2011-04-09
Age : 31
Location : IOWA

Taureg Rallye Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taureg Rallye   Taureg Rallye I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 8:37 pm

Hilltoppersx wrote:
Jake wrote:
Hilltoppersx wrote:
Each vendor has different pricing on everything. Some carry companies that others don't. I like Atlantic British for certain things, I like justin for some, underground rovers, rovers north. They all have their advantages and disadvantages.

Justin can get me what I am looking for, at a better price than all other vendors 9 times out of 10. He has a ton of stuff that he doesn't show on the site. I call him, tell him what I need, he gives me a good price and its at my door two days later. Or he special orders it from the UK like the 50MM flares I just ordered...

Except if it's a vendor he doesnt carry. Asfir, Britpart among others.

Yea I dont buy from those vendors so it's not a problem Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jveen
NELRC Pack Leader
NELRC Pack Leader
jveen

Posts : 534
Join date : 2011-06-12
Age : 34

Taureg Rallye Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taureg Rallye   Taureg Rallye I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 8:43 pm

Quote :
Hilltoppersx wrote:
Each vendor has different pricing on everything. Some carry companies that others don't. I like Atlantic British for certain things, I like justin for some, underground rovers, rovers north. They all have their advantages and disadvantages.


Justin can get me what I am looking for, at a better price than all other vendors 9 times out of 10. He has a ton of stuff that he doesn't show on the site. I call him, tell him what I need, he gives me a good price and its at my door two days later. Or he special orders it from the UK like the 50MM flares I just ordered...

Yea I like the RRC with them on
I emailed about a importing a lightbar he got back to me a day or 2 with one they carry I going to order it one when after I get around to installing the shit sitting at my moms. I just feel like a pest emailing them since i am not a constant customer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

Posts : 2386
Join date : 2011-04-09
Age : 31
Location : IOWA

Taureg Rallye Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taureg Rallye   Taureg Rallye I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 8:45 pm

jveen wrote:
Quote :
Hilltoppersx wrote:
Each vendor has different pricing on everything. Some carry companies that others don't. I like Atlantic British for certain things, I like justin for some, underground rovers, rovers north. They all have their advantages and disadvantages.


Justin can get me what I am looking for, at a better price than all other vendors 9 times out of 10. He has a ton of stuff that he doesn't show on the site. I call him, tell him what I need, he gives me a good price and its at my door two days later. Or he special orders it from the UK like the 50MM flares I just ordered...

Yea I like the RRC with them on
I emailed about a importing a lightbar he got back to me a day or 2 with one they carry I going to order it one when after I get around to installing the shit sitting at my moms. I just feel like a pest emailing them since i am not a constant customer.

Dont email, just call. His job is to talk to people about their trucks and sell his products. The past couple weeks I have been on the phone with him every other day and buying things maybe half the time. None-the-less he is happy to help, has a ton of experience with the stuff and is a good guy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




Taureg Rallye Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taureg Rallye   Taureg Rallye I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down
 
Taureg Rallye
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Truck Talk-
Jump to: