Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Non-Traditional Land Rover Club

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

I don't need no stinking mounts

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
DiscoSux
Forum Asshole
DiscoSux

I don't need no stinking mounts Empty
PostSubject: I don't need no stinking mounts   I don't need no stinking mounts I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 10:41 pm

Last time out with NTD and a young Amishman I broke "an" engine mount. I noticed the truck acting strangely and increased drivetrain noise. When I got home I found that BOTH engine mounts had failed.

I ordered a $20 set of stock mounts figuring they would be good enough for now. I was getting ready to put them in and decided I should take a look at the trans mounts. F-me - they were both sheared. So, I drove with no drivetrain mounts whatsoever. Take from that what you want.

I put QT mounts on the engine and new stock on the trans. Ready to go as soon as I get new nuts for the Range Rover rear driveshaft "upgrade".

I started with a bone stock truck - tip to those building a truck (listening NTD?) - get some QT engine mounts as one of the early upgrades.

Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: I don't need no stinking mounts   I don't need no stinking mounts I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 10:46 pm

God I'm glad you're back
Back to top Go down
DiscoSux
Forum Asshole
DiscoSux

PostSubject: Re: I don't need no stinking mounts   I don't need no stinking mounts I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 10:50 pm

Jake wrote:
God I'm glad you're back

FU
Back to top Go down
LockenDIFF
The Man with the Tan
LockenDIFF

PostSubject: Re: I don't need no stinking mounts   I don't need no stinking mounts I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 11:33 am

DiscoSux wrote:
Jake wrote:
God I'm glad you're back

FU

That and NTD made my day.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I don't need no stinking mounts   I don't need no stinking mounts I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I don't need no stinking mounts
Page 1 of 1