Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Non-Traditional Land Rover Club

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

New guy here

Go down 
+6
Cris_A
dcarr1971
Jake
DiscoSux
Thebloody323
Spike555
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

New guy here - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New guy here   New guy here - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 10:12 pm

Hilltoppersx wrote:
The rims are awesome. I love the truck. Not everyone needs a five inch lift and the shortest bumpers possible to go have fun wheeling. I dig it!

I agree with the bumper comment especially since he is in MI.. Being from Iowa I know what thats like. He probably needs a 7" lift and 40's to fit in with the red necks wheeling in his area Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DiscoSux
Forum Asshole
DiscoSux

PostSubject: Re: New guy here   New guy here - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 10:14 pm

Hilltoppersx wrote:
The rims are awesome. I love the truck. Not everyone needs a five inch lift and the shortest bumpers possible to go have fun wheeling. I dig it!

I have to agree. I almost think it shouldn't be touched. It looks cool just as it is. Then again, I am not going for looks with my truck - does it show?
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: New guy here   New guy here - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 10:16 pm

DiscoSux wrote:
Hilltoppersx wrote:

I have to agree. I almost think it shouldn't be touched. It looks cool just as it is. Then again, I am not going for looks with my truck - does it show?

Yea dont let us assholes get to you. We were all picked on in high school..
Back to top Go down
DiscoSux
Forum Asshole
DiscoSux

PostSubject: Re: New guy here   New guy here - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 10:17 pm

I vote it goes on the next t-shirt.
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: New guy here   New guy here - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 10:19 pm

DiscoSux wrote:
I vote it goes on the next t-shirt.

I second that, it would look sweet on a black and white t-shirt with the white wheels. ED, maybe this can fill in that white block on the annual t-shirt. If not Dave and I already plan on drawing on ours.
Back to top Go down
Turf
NELRC Master
Turf

PostSubject: Re: New guy here   New guy here - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 10:24 pm

Hey. What's up spike. Welcome to "the wrong side of the tracks" hahaha.
Back to top Go down
DiscoSux
Forum Asshole
DiscoSux

PostSubject: Re: New guy here   New guy here - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 10:34 pm

New guy here - Page 2 Disco10

t-shirt design start...
Back to top Go down
Spike555
Dirty Diff Fluid Tech
Spike555

PostSubject: Re: New guy here   New guy here - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 10:37 pm

It is a '97, I bought it from the wrong side of the tracks car lot, you know the kind, the kind your mom warned you about.
They were asking $6200, it booked at $5800, it was plain, all original, no extras except the Weather Tech floor mat set.
Did I mention it was a one owner dealer maintained from NJ? The guy moved here and bought a brand new LR3.
I bought it in '07 with 152,change and the "A" typical DI problems.
The dealer was neighbors with the owner and selling it as a favor, it sat for over 6 months on the lot just calling my name.
Anyway I drove it home for $4500 cash, tax included.

The Rover Racks ladder was a b-day present, the SD rack I got a tip on from a guy in Traverse City, it was at a salvage yard on a wrecked truck, I bought it site unseen for $150 over the phone and then drove 150 miles one way to get it.
The rims I bought for $90 for a set of 5 off of Craig's List.
The ARB...on my old route was a '95 DI sitting under a pine tree for a year, so one day I saw the guy doing yard work and I stopped and asked about the truck, he's retired, used it to take the grand kids to the dunes and blah blah, $600 and I drove it 60 miles home.
Swapped bumpers with my truck and sold the truck for $600.

Yes to truly fit in around here I need a 6" lift, 40" rubbers, dual straight pipe exhaust, a set of fake bull balls hanging from the trailer hitch, a dune flag and covered in mud.
The fun part is while offroading I can keep up with those guys, I cant go through axle deep mud, but I dont want to either.

I can take some good old hazing guys, I'm a big boy, if needed I'll just go get a Kotex for my vagina. lol

Thank you guys for the comments on my girl, she is a work in progress. I am in the process of saving my pennies for new springs, Ed knows this already but I do not want a lit, I'm all of 5'5" and getting shorter by the year.
I used to hate white, but now I LOVE it, I really like the black on white, I was going to paint the wheels black but I think the while really sets off the hubs and nuts, cause I gotta show off my nuts.

I use the rack all the time, the bumper is the non-SRS version, I dont rock crawl so no need for tons of approach angle to go to JCPenny. lol
Back to top Go down
Spike555
Dirty Diff Fluid Tech
Spike555

PostSubject: Re: New guy here   New guy here - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 10:39 pm

DiscoSux wrote:
New guy here - Page 2 Disco10

t-shirt design start...

Sweet!!
My wife is already pissed that I joined another forum, if my truck ends up on a t-shirt she will REALLY be pissed. cheers
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: New guy here   New guy here - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 10:43 pm

How could I forget bull balls? damn it.. I saw a pair of those hanging off of a massive cummins dodge the other day.. All I could do was laugh and shake my head
Back to top Go down
Spike555
Dirty Diff Fluid Tech
Spike555

PostSubject: Re: New guy here   New guy here - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 10:46 pm

Exactly, thats what I do too. It makes me laugh.
Total posers who only want to look cool, I have a nephew like that.
S-15 with a 6" lift, 35" tires, a old tired 4.3 and 2 wheel drive.
Back to top Go down
Spike555
Dirty Diff Fluid Tech
Spike555

PostSubject: Re: New guy here   New guy here - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 10:46 pm

Turf wrote:
Hey. What's up spike. Welcome to "the wrong side of the tracks" hahaha.

I LOVE the wrong side of the tracks, thats where all of the easy girls are!!
Back to top Go down
DiscoSux
Forum Asshole
DiscoSux

PostSubject: Re: New guy here   New guy here - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 10:48 pm

after a little more work...I got rid of the kiddie car and your house.

New guy here - Page 2 Disco_10
Back to top Go down
Turf
NELRC Master
Turf

PostSubject: Re: New guy here   New guy here - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 10:50 pm

When it comes to this forum kase is the "easy girls". A la cuisine.
Back to top Go down
Spike555
Dirty Diff Fluid Tech
Spike555

PostSubject: Re: New guy here   New guy here - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 10:54 pm

DiscoSux wrote:
after a little more work...I got rid of the kiddie car and your house.

New guy here - Page 2 Disco_10

I wish I had a pic for you with those rims in a better location, like the woods.
They have snow tires mounted on them right now and are in storage.
I want to swap my tires and put tubes in them for airing down at the dunes and what not.
Back to top Go down
DiscoSux
Forum Asshole
DiscoSux

PostSubject: Re: New guy here   New guy here - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 10:57 pm

Turf wrote:
When it comes to this forum kase is the "easy girls". A la cuisine.

Damn dude, I haven't even met you yet! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Turf
NELRC Master
Turf

PostSubject: Re: New guy here   New guy here - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 11:26 pm

False. I was there at ROTR when your truck shit a brick at the top of a hill and needed help to roll down. I said nice sticker to your disco web sucks sticker on your truck. Before it died. I was the ridiculously good looking guy with the gorgeous head of hair. Hahaha. I'm Hurt you don't remember Dave.
Back to top Go down
durt d1ver
NELRC Original Gangsta
durt d1ver

PostSubject: Re: New guy here   New guy here - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 11:28 pm

Kase is the slutty chick, and turf is the prom queen with his luxurious hair.
Back to top Go down
DiscoSux
Forum Asshole
DiscoSux

PostSubject: Re: New guy here   New guy here - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 11:43 pm

Turf wrote:
. I'm Hurt you don't remember Dave.

I was preoccupied. 20 odd Rover owners watching Jake pull my truck UP the hill so I could get DOWN the hill. Not to mention the group of shiny, lame ass Hummers that went by during it all.

Give me a drink at the campfire, then we can talk. FU otherwise. Razz
Back to top Go down
DiscoSux
Forum Asshole
DiscoSux

PostSubject: Re: New guy here   New guy here - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 11:45 pm

durt d1ver wrote:

Wear crotchless boxers to one event and you are labeled a slut. what the hell?!

Sorry you joined yet Spike?
Back to top Go down
durt d1ver
NELRC Original Gangsta
durt d1ver

PostSubject: Re: New guy here   New guy here - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 11:56 pm

I have a feeling we'll be banned from camp a while after friday night of the annual.
Back to top Go down
Spike555
Dirty Diff Fluid Tech
Spike555

PostSubject: Re: New guy here   New guy here - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 11:58 pm

DiscoSux wrote:
durt d1ver wrote:

I'm loving it guys, this is what I have been looking for.
A bunch of idiots (because we own Rovers) busting balls, drinking beer, offroading, having fun and making friends.
In my opinion that is what the brand is about, it's part of the Land Rover life style and thats what I like.
I just wish I lived closer so I could drink beer and sit around the campfire in my speedo with you guys.
Back to top Go down
DiscoSux
Forum Asshole
DiscoSux

PostSubject: Re: New guy here   New guy here - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 12:16 am

Spike555 wrote:

I just wish I lived closer so I could drink beer and sit around the campfire in my speedo with you guys.

schwing! Twisted Evil

lol, dude. Nicely played...
Back to top Go down
dcarr1971
Custom CDL Installer
dcarr1971

PostSubject: Re: New guy here   New guy here - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 12:35 am

Spike555 wrote:
DiscoSux wrote:
durt d1ver wrote:

I'm loving it guys, this is what I have been looking for.
A bunch of idiots (because we own Rovers) busting balls, drinking beer, offroading, having fun and making friends.
In my opinion that is what the brand is about, it's part of the Land Rover life style and thats what I like.

Hey, There's always The Wilds in June...
Back to top Go down
Turf
NELRC Master
Turf

PostSubject: Re: New guy here   New guy here - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 8:33 am

Spike555 wrote:
. I just wish I lived closer so I could drink beer and sit around the campfire in my speedo with you guys.

Spike. It's 2012. If you wanna be there in your speedo that bad we can totally Skype you in. Haha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New guy here   New guy here - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New guy here
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Random BS-
Jump to: