Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Non-Traditional Land Rover Club

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

New Radiator.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Thebloody323
NELRC Original Gangsta
Thebloody323

New Radiator. Empty
PostSubject: New Radiator.   New Radiator. I_icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 7:40 pm

So I just got done installing the new radiator and now my truck is sitting around 200 at idle afro , slight problem though, I hear water fall behind the dash Crying or Very sad. Any tips on how to get the air out without having to drain/refill or buy a $70 tool to purge?

Edit: I also raised the overflow tank above the engine and pored until coolant came out the bleed screw.
Back to top Go down
Spike555
Dirty Diff Fluid Tech
Spike555

New Radiator. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Radiator.   New Radiator. I_icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 10:03 pm

Here is the way I do it and it always works for me...remove all bleed screws, fill tenk.
Start engine turn heater on HOT, both sides, I put the HVAC on vent and roll down the window.
Idle engine until coolant comes out of bleed screw, replace bleed screw.
Coolant tank cap stays off the whole time.
Let engine idle until you feel heat coming out of the vent.
Once a nice steady stream of steam comes out of the coolant tank replace the cap, shut engine off.
After driving for a day and letting it cool overnight top off the tank.
Repeat until coolant level stays full.
Takes about a half hour, works every time.
Back to top Go down
Thebloody323
NELRC Original Gangsta
Thebloody323

New Radiator. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Radiator.   New Radiator. I_icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 10:16 pm

Thanks Spike, I will give that a try tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

New Radiator. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Radiator.   New Radiator. I_icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 11:16 am

Yea I agree driving it usually a little to pressurize the system and then bleeding it seems to help get things flowing. Also park the whole nose of the truck up hill so that the coolant is forced back into the heater core.
Back to top Go down
Thebloody323
NELRC Original Gangsta
Thebloody323

New Radiator. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Radiator.   New Radiator. I_icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 11:41 am

Thanks guys, I am going to give it a try this morning. The joys of being able to work from home on occasion Laughing
Back to top Go down
Thebloody323
NELRC Original Gangsta
Thebloody323

New Radiator. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Radiator.   New Radiator. I_icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 2:35 pm

Right it seems like that did the trick, I am not hearing any more "waterfall" behind the dash, thanks guys! Although while driving I noticed that the temp gauge is a lot more bipolar, the temperature goes between 194-201 while driving/slowing/speeding up before it was a lot slower in the temperature changes now it seems to happen more rapidly. Hasn't gone above 204.8 while at traffic lights so I won't start worrying until it starts hitting 216 again Wink.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Radiator. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Radiator.   New Radiator. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Radiator.
Page 1 of 1