Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Non-Traditional Land Rover Club

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Trailer for Betsy

Go down 
+2
Spike555
Jake
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

Trailer for Betsy Empty
PostSubject: Trailer for Betsy   Trailer for Betsy I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 5:49 pm

Back to top Go down
Spike555
Dirty Diff Fluid Tech
Spike555

Trailer for Betsy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trailer for Betsy   Trailer for Betsy I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 10:59 pm

Car-Mate is a name brand, good trailers.
If you want a project look for a trailer trailer frame or a mobile home frame, cut to size, add floor, make ramps.
You can pick those up for under $500 if you look around.
A friend of mine made a trailer for his sand rail out of a Coachman travel trailer frame, he bought the whole trailer for $400, stripped it to the frame.
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

Trailer for Betsy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trailer for Betsy   Trailer for Betsy I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 10:48 am

Yea ideally I would like a 10K trailer. My biggest issue now is where I would store it when I get to Iowa so I may just hold off until I know more about what our living situation is going to look like. I just hate wasting $300 on renting a damn trailer when I need to buy one anyway.
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

Trailer for Betsy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trailer for Betsy   Trailer for Betsy I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 11:26 am

DO THE LOGICAL THING! just buy another d1 and flat tow it behind your rover and fill them both with stuff. then you get to buy another rover and you have your storage for the move. and parts in case your rover doesnt make it
Back to top Go down
https://nelrc.iftopic.com
durt d1ver
NELRC Original Gangsta
durt d1ver

Trailer for Betsy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trailer for Betsy   Trailer for Betsy I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 1:36 pm

The easiest thing would be to spend an lil extra on a bigger uhaul, and flat tow the white truck.
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

Trailer for Betsy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trailer for Betsy   Trailer for Betsy I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 1:50 pm

durt d1ver wrote:
The easiest thing would be to spend an lil extra on a bigger uhaul, and flat tow the white truck.

Yea but cost of tow bar set up vs just renting the flat bed trailer isnt really worth it. We are going to have to get the mid size truck at least cause the smaller ones dont have a hitch
Back to top Go down
durt d1ver
NELRC Original Gangsta
durt d1ver

Trailer for Betsy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trailer for Betsy   Trailer for Betsy I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 2:49 pm

Jake wrote:
durt d1ver wrote:

Yea but cost of tow bar set up vs just renting the flat bed trailer isnt really worth it. We are going to have to get the mid size truck at least cause the smaller ones dont have a hitch

A tow bar is like $70 at HF. Or just built your own. Some square tubing, a coupler, and use the shackle mounts to attack it to the truck.
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

Trailer for Betsy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trailer for Betsy   Trailer for Betsy I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 7:26 pm

Yea I suppose I could look into it. Unless it's a huge savings I'd rather just drive my truck onto the trailer tie it down good and not have to worry about disconnect drive shafts and what not. which yes I know you dont HAVE to do but I would anyway.
Back to top Go down
Spike555
Dirty Diff Fluid Tech
Spike555

Trailer for Betsy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trailer for Betsy   Trailer for Betsy I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 11:42 pm

Buy the trailer, use it for your move, then sell it.
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

Trailer for Betsy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trailer for Betsy   Trailer for Betsy I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 12:12 am

Spike555 wrote:
Buy the trailer, use it for your move, then sell it.

The point would be keep it...
Back to top Go down
Spike555
Dirty Diff Fluid Tech
Spike555

Trailer for Betsy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trailer for Betsy   Trailer for Betsy I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 11:11 pm

I understand the keeping it deal.
But you were talking about renting one instead of buying.
But you are not sure of your storage situation after the move.
I've rented a U-Haul car trailer before, it was like $300 for a 2 day one way rental.
Austin TX to Grand Rapids MI.
Back to top Go down
dcarr1971
Custom CDL Installer
dcarr1971

Trailer for Betsy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trailer for Betsy   Trailer for Betsy I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 7:35 pm

Well, if you're really moving, I guess you might want to check this out... http://www.iowajeepshow.com/
Back to top Go down
devildog01
Industrial Strength Dickhead
devildog01

Trailer for Betsy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trailer for Betsy   Trailer for Betsy I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 7:50 pm

I've got the solution.I'll buy your D1 for $500 then you don't need a trailer.
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

Trailer for Betsy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trailer for Betsy   Trailer for Betsy I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 8:02 pm

devildog01 wrote:
I've got the solution.I'll buy your D1 for $500 then you don't need a trailer.

Sure, You will need to bring a trailer and a set of d1 wheels to pick it up though. After I take all the stuff I want off of it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Trailer for Betsy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trailer for Betsy   Trailer for Betsy I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Trailer for Betsy
Page 1 of 1