Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Non-Traditional Land Rover Club

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Pass Side caliper no fluid

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

Pass Side caliper no fluid Empty
PostSubject: Pass Side caliper no fluid   Pass Side caliper no fluid I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 11:16 am

What would cause my pass side rear caliper not to pull a drop of fluid when bleeding?
Back to top Go down
https://nelrc.iftopic.com
Thebloody323
NELRC Original Gangsta
Thebloody323

PostSubject: Re: Pass Side caliper no fluid   Pass Side caliper no fluid I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 1:21 pm

Could the line be crimped somewhere?
Back to top Go down
durt d1ver
NELRC Original Gangsta
durt d1ver

PostSubject: Re: Pass Side caliper no fluid   Pass Side caliper no fluid I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 1:59 pm

bleeder valve could be gunked up. Was the rubber boot still on it?
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: Pass Side caliper no fluid   Pass Side caliper no fluid I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 4:41 pm

durt d1ver wrote:
bleeder valve could be gunked up. Was the rubber boot still on it?

boot was off nothing out of any of the valves
Back to top Go down
durt d1ver
NELRC Original Gangsta
durt d1ver

PostSubject: Re: Pass Side caliper no fluid   Pass Side caliper no fluid I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 4:55 pm

When you opened them, did you try pushing down the pedal, or just gravity bleeding them? If you just opened opened them, try pushing the pedal. If still nothing, Completely remove the bleeder from the caliper, and see if anything comes out then. If fluid comes out then, the bleeders were clogged. Buy a set of speedbleeders from advanced or autozone to replace them.
Back to top Go down
devildog01
Industrial Strength Dickhead
devildog01

PostSubject: Re: Pass Side caliper no fluid   Pass Side caliper no fluid I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 6:46 pm

I would suggest having someone else besides me do your brakes.
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: Pass Side caliper no fluid   Pass Side caliper no fluid I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 7:16 pm

durt d1ver wrote:
When you opened them, did you try pushing down the pedal, or just gravity bleeding them? If you just opened opened them, try pushing the pedal. If still nothing, Completely remove the bleeder from the caliper, and see if anything comes out then. If fluid comes out then, the bleeders were clogged. Buy a set of speedbleeders from advanced or autozone to replace them.

Brett had stuck some crazy auto bleeder hooked up to a compressor the size of a yugo and nothing came out. wondering if the line is crunched somewhere or if the caliper is just shot.
Back to top Go down
durt d1ver
NELRC Original Gangsta
durt d1ver

PostSubject: Re: Pass Side caliper no fluid   Pass Side caliper no fluid I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 7:19 pm

When they loose the boots, those little holes in the bleeders tend to get gunk in them, and then corrode shut.
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: Pass Side caliper no fluid   Pass Side caliper no fluid I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 1:14 am

durt d1ver wrote:
When they loose the boots, those little holes in the bleeders tend to get gunk in them, and then corrode shut.

This is probably the problem. Take the screw all the way out and see I'd anything comes out then.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pass Side caliper no fluid   Pass Side caliper no fluid I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pass Side caliper no fluid
Page 1 of 1