Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Non-Traditional Land Rover Club

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Your work list

Go down 
+16
dcarr1971
DOHC
jveen
apatrizzi
new2disco
LockenDIFF
DocFodge
KingKong8247
airbornrover
Long Haul
DiscoSux
devildog01
dschramm
durt d1ver
Hilltoppersx
Jake
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 26  Next
AuthorMessage
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

Your work list Empty
PostSubject: Your work list   Your work list I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 11:31 am

Since most of us are always doing work our trucks I figured I'd post up a thread so everybody can post up what they are doing.

Here's my list and dates, if you want to come help out or watch in BK let me know! A lot of this is pending things getting delivered in a timely manner - and YES I plan it all by day so I can get it done on my days off.

Thursday 06/16/11
1. Spare tire switched out so I can sell the set of 5 off
2. Thermostat - waiting on this from Lucky8
3. Put console back together and finally mount CB
4. Mount solenoid under hood so it's ready to get wired up.
5. If thermostat hasnt arrived I may do more work on light or start on changing drive shaft UJ's

Saturday 06/18/11
1. Change UJ's - may need a torch or vise if anybody near me has one I can borrow.
2. Rotoflex conversion
3. Change oil

Thursday 06/23/11
1. Install Terrafirma gas tank skid plate - waiting on this from Lucky8
2. Replace panhard rod bushings - waiting on these from Lucky8
3. Wire winch - need to order different cable.
4. Add some transmission fluid - need to find or order

Saturday 06/25/11
1. Put Dynabeads in tires - still need to order
2. Work on Hellas
3. FINALLY install Riv-Nuts in sliders and maybe KBS and patch the hole in my door sills.

Stuff I still need to do at some point
Relocated Damper so I can install QT front diff guard
Get a southdown steering guard and install that

I think that's it for now.
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

Your work list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 8:08 am

6/17
continue my hunt for a short so my truck starts normally
change oil, check diffs/tc/tranny for contamination

Some day before the Pines
figure out mounting system for cooler
figure out mounts for axe/shovel/hi-lift

Things on my radar
RoverBones diff guards once they are available (hope next week)
Britpart rear bumper from AB.
Flip down table for gate
Bridging/Sand track material in 5' lengths
Back to top Go down
https://nelrc.iftopic.com
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

Your work list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 1:46 pm

Hilltoppersx wrote:

figure out mounts for axe/shovel/hi-lift

You need to get quick fists for shovel. I got a pair for like 9 bucks probably going to do that today since te stat hasn't arrived.
Back to top Go down
durt d1ver
NELRC Original Gangsta
durt d1ver

Your work list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 2:26 pm

Jake wrote:

1. Change UJ's - may need a torch or vise if anybody near me has one I can borrow.
Autozone and advanced auto have a loaner tool that makes it much easier.
http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_Kit-72-Master-Ball-Joint-Service-Kit-(10-piece)-Powerbuilt-Tools_9150054-P_N3492_T%7CGRP2083___

Jake wrote:

3. Wire winch - need to order different cable.

If you can find a welding shop near you, pick up some welding cable. Much more flexible, and possibly cheaper than ordering online. That is, if you meant electrical cable. If you meant the actual winch line, cheapest price on synthetic seems to be at Ed's toystore

http://www.amazon.com/Amsteel-OK-AB516A-Blue-Winch-Rope/dp/B000FQ1LJS/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

http://www.amazon.com/ProMark-Offroad-Blue-Synthetic-Recovery/dp/B003NTX002/ref=sr_1_3?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1308245628&sr=1-3

http://www.amazon.com/Tuff-Stuff-SYNTHETIC-WINCH-ROPE/dp/B002CFHCPW/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

Your work list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 3:04 pm

i just ordered some more stuff from toy store! i got a griddle for my camping stove, a hard case for eggs and a handle keeper for my hilift. no more toys. need to save money for that rear bumper and diff guards
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

Your work list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 10:18 pm

Hilltoppersx wrote:
i just ordered some more stuff from toy store! i got a griddle for my camping stove, a hard case for eggs and a handle keeper for my hilift. no more toys. need to save money for that rear bumper and diff guards

Nice now we wont have to listen to your handle rattle. I need to pick up that tool from autozone. I bet mine doesnt have it.. I got a propane torch so I'm going to give that shot first. I really need to get that done so I can make the swap..

Changed the stat. Still getting hot with AC on. Going to have to get a flush somewhere. Hope it's not head gaskets.

I need to save money for a move across the country.

Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

Your work list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 10:29 pm

you are not gettin misfires though are you? are you losing colant?

new jersey is across the country?
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

Your work list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 12:13 am

Hilltoppersx wrote:
you are not gettin misfires though are you? are you losing colant?

new jersey is across the country?

No misfires or coolant loss. Coolant looked a little contaminated..

Remember when I mentioned Florida?
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

Your work list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 7:10 am

check the oil to see if it is contaminated that will tell you, my guess is if you are not misfiring, losing coolant and your oil is not conatminated with coolant than HG's are not your problem.

is Florida looking more likely?
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

Your work list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 2:19 pm

Hilltoppersx wrote:
check the oil to see if it is contaminated that will tell you, my guess is if you are not misfiring, losing coolant and your oil is not conatminated with coolant than HG's are not your problem.

is Florida looking more likely?

Yea I'll be doing an oil change soon. I need to have a flush done for sure.

Florida is looking likely. Hannah's company is getting a job offer together for me so we will see what that looks like.
Back to top Go down
durt d1ver
NELRC Original Gangsta
durt d1ver

Your work list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 3:41 pm

Hg's don't always contaminate the oil. Mine leaked externally. Are you even losing ccoolant if your coolant level isn't going down, you most likely don't have a leak. Check with a radiator shop and see if you can have the rad dipped and rodded.

Where in Florida might you be heading?
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

Your work list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 3:50 pm

durt d1ver wrote:
Hg's don't always contaminate the oil. Mine leaked externally. Are you even losing ccoolant if your coolant level isn't going down, you most likely don't have a leak. Check with a radiator shop and see if you can have the rad dipped and rodded.

Where in Florida might you be heading?

Tallahassee my gf and her mom have a house there.
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

Your work list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 5:11 pm

So my rear pinion appears to be a little leaky with the extra inch of lift It's probably the driveline angle and a bad seal. So needless to say driveshaft conversion and a new seal is on top priority. Breakin some of this stuff down

Saturday 06/18/11
Change UJ's - may need a torch or vise if anybody near me has one I can borrow. Going to pick up the tool tomorrow from Autozone and see how that turns out.
Rotoflex conversion

Monday 06/20/11
Install Terrafirma gas tank skid plate - arriving today
Install quick fists for shovel on rack

Tuesday 06/21/11
Change Oil
Top up tranny fluid

Wednesday 06/22/11
Install Dynabeads - ordered today shipped quickly

Thursday 06/23/11
Replace panhard rod bushings - Should be here today
Add some transmission fluid - need to find or order
Install Riv-nuts in sliders

Friday 06/24/11
Radiator flush and flow test

Saturday 06/25/11
Wire winch - need to get different cable
Work on Hellas

Edit for a picture of this beautiful thing - Terrafirma steel galvy gas tank skid plate

Your work list Gastan10

Last edited by Jake on Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

Your work list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 6:13 pm

take pics of the quickfists when mounted please
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

Your work list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 6:50 pm

Hilltoppersx wrote:
take pics of the quickfists when mounted please

Will do!
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

Your work list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 10:28 pm

The tool from Autozone is the way to go for sure. I got it done quickly once I got my hands on that. Greased it up and it's ready to go now. I got the old shaft off but then had to go out with the GF. Need to pick up some bolts but hopefully will have this done this week. Was hoping to get the gas tank skid on but.. always running out of time.
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

Your work list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 1:05 am

not much luck so far this week. Terrafirma gas tank skid needs to be modified to fit. Get the columbia overland one if you ever buy one. Centralizing peg is STUCK heated it up 5 times pb blastered it and beat the piss out of and nothing. Going to get a slide hammer tomorrow.

Here's a pic of the only thing I've completed this week.

Your work list Fire11
Since I cant figure out why my truck is overheating I figured I'd just go this route instead lol

Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

Your work list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 9:35 am

did you get the radiator checked out yet?
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

Your work list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 9:45 am

Hilltoppersx wrote:
did you get the radiator checked out yet?

Nope waiting to get paid.. I need to get this shaft in asap so I can move my truck..
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

Your work list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 10:04 am

you can lock the CDL and drive it.
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

Your work list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 10:08 am

Hilltoppersx wrote:
you can lock the CDL and drive it.

Yea.. Would rather just have it done.. Need to find a gas station with free air and enough room to install my dynabeads Thursday.
Back to top Go down
durt d1ver
NELRC Original Gangsta
durt d1ver

Your work list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 2:25 pm

You can try getting a puller or slide hammer from AZ and see if that works. Heat it up with a torch, and have a go. You can also use a big ass socket, like a hub socket, some washers, and a bolt to pull it. put the socket over the flange, and thread the bot into the peg, as you crank it, it will force it against the socket and pull it out.

If all else fails, pull the whole diff, and bring it to a shop to pull it.

If you wanna take the drive, we could probably do the tires in my garage, just need a spoon to break the bead.
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

Your work list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 2:31 pm

durt d1ver wrote:
You can try getting a puller or slide hammer from AZ and see if that works. Heat it up with a torch, and have a go. You can also use a big ass socket, like a hub socket, some washers, and a bolt to pull it. put the socket over the flange, and thread the bot into the peg, as you crank it, it will force it against the socket and pull it out.

If all else fails, pull the whole diff, and bring it to a shop to pull it.

If you wanna take the drive, we could probably do the tires in my garage, just need a spoon to break the bead.

Headed to autozone for slide hammer tonight. Will try socket if that doesn't work. Got the bolt last night. Have you done the slide hammer method? I was torching it and going to town on it last night and nothing.

I got the tool to put them in thru valve stem which will prob take a while but thanks for offer.

How's your ankle doing?
Back to top Go down
durt d1ver
NELRC Original Gangsta
durt d1ver

Your work list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 2:54 pm

Jake wrote:

Headed to autozone for slide hammer tonight. Will try socket if that doesn't work. Got the bolt last night. Have you done the slide hammer method? I was torching it and going to town on it last night and nothing.

I got the tool to put them in thru valve stem which will prob take a while but thanks for offer.

How's your ankle doing?

I've never had to pull the peg before, I just swapped complete diffs when i did mine. Ankle is much better. Out of the boot, and back to work. Have another week or two of PT. Just found out yesterday I can't do Rausch next month. I took of work, then found out that my buddy is having his bachelor party that weekend, and I'm in the wedding party. B/c of that, I'm hoping to make the pines trip, even if its just for a couple hours on Saturday.
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

Your work list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 3:28 pm

durt d1ver wrote:
Jake wrote:

How's your ankle doing?

I've never had to pull the peg before, I just swapped complete diffs when i did mine. Ankle is much better. Out of the boot, and back to work. Have another week or two of PT. Just found out yesterday I can't do Rausch next month. I took of work, then found out that my buddy is having his bachelor party that weekend, and I'm in the wedding party. B/c of that, I'm hoping to make the pines trip, even if its just for a couple hours on Saturday.

I hope you can make it to the pines man that would be awesome
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Your work list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your work list   Your work list I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your work list
Page 1 of 26Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 26  Next