Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Non-Traditional Land Rover Club

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

New Terra Firma shocks!????

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Vader
Questions DiscoMike
Vader

New Terra Firma shocks!???? Empty
PostSubject: New Terra Firma shocks!????   New Terra Firma shocks!???? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 8:35 pm

First I'll Start out with my set up, D1 with RTE D2 style shock towers and RTE 2" lift. With the Terra Firma D2 +2 shocks

So the first day I had used the Terra Firma shocks was at the Pines ride. All went well I was very happy with the function and the feel of these shocks.

About a week later I noticed my front shocks were a little soft in the corners and made a little noise. I thought it might be a lose retaining bolt on the springs.

Yesterday I went wheeling down here in the pines and as soon as I got into the soft sand and the rutts my D1s front axel was hitting the bunmp stops hard! WTF!!!!!! confused

Today I pulled the drivers side out to examine. I have little to no compression and the rebound seems fine.

What gives? What could I have done wrong with the install?
does Terra Firma have a warranty? I've used cheaper shocks before in the past that lasted a little more than a year.

Last edited by Vader on Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:36 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Add on)
Back to top Go down
durt d1ver
NELRC Original Gangsta
durt d1ver

PostSubject: Re: New Terra Firma shocks!????   New Terra Firma shocks!???? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 9:03 pm

I was going to respond to your pm, but i'll post here instead.

Nothing we did last weekend should have caused a new shock to go bad, it sound like you got a bad shock. I would call Justin (I thought you said you got them from him), and tell him there's an issue with them. They shoukdnt be shot after what was essentially some bumpy fire roads. I've had the same shocks for over 2 years, and have had no problems.
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: New Terra Firma shocks!????   New Terra Firma shocks!???? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 10:19 am

agreed. call Justin and get a new one.
Back to top Go down
https://nelrc.iftopic.com
Vader
Questions DiscoMike
Vader

PostSubject: Re: New Terra Firma shocks!????   New Terra Firma shocks!???? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 11:54 pm

I called Justin and orderd Fox 10". I knew that was the route I should have taken in the first place but I wanted to try the TF shocks.
Back to top Go down
Vader
Questions DiscoMike
Vader

PostSubject: Re: New Terra Firma shocks!????   New Terra Firma shocks!???? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 2:26 am

The new Fox shocks are on, Now its time to go play!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Terra Firma shocks!????   New Terra Firma shocks!???? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Terra Firma shocks!????
Page 1 of 1