Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Non-Traditional Land Rover Club

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

New Sliders

Go down 
+3
Hilltoppersx
dcarr1971
jveen
7 posters
AuthorMessage
jveen
NELRC Pack Leader
NELRC Pack Leader
jveen

New Sliders Empty
PostSubject: New Sliders   New Sliders I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 5:04 am

Had these fabbed up at a local shop. (A to Z fab they came recommend from a coworker) Didn't like the shipping cost on the normal sites. $400 for em not to bad but they don't follow the door lines but they'll do for now.

New Sliders Land_r10

New Sliders Land_r11

New Sliders Land_r12
Back to top Go down
dcarr1971
Custom CDL Installer
dcarr1971

New Sliders Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Sliders   New Sliders I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 10:33 am

Nice. (They look just like mine except I've got the Hi-Lift jack points built in to the ends.)

How are they mounted? Mine bolt directly to frame outriggers that support the body mounts...
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

New Sliders Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Sliders   New Sliders I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 10:36 am

dcarr1971 wrote:
Nice. (They look just like mine except I've got the Hi-Lift jack points built in to the ends.)

How are they mounted? Mine bolt directly to frame outriggers that support the body mounts...

oh you fancy now.
Back to top Go down
https://nelrc.iftopic.com
jveen
NELRC Pack Leader
NELRC Pack Leader
jveen

New Sliders Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Sliders   New Sliders I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 2:14 pm

dcarr1971 wrote:

They are bolted to the sill. with no outriggers. It was a design disco mike sent when I first got my truck
Back to top Go down
dcarr1971
Custom CDL Installer
dcarr1971

New Sliders Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Sliders   New Sliders I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 2:57 pm

jveen wrote:
dcarr1971 wrote:

They are bolted to the sill. with no outriggers. It was a design disco mike sent when I first got my truck

OK, I think I've seen that design. If you're hitting the sill, then you don't want them bolted to the frame. (Mine don't touch the sill at all.)
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

New Sliders Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Sliders   New Sliders I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 3:23 pm

jveen wrote:
dcarr1971 wrote:

mine are built the same way and i have gave them a few bangs. and so far so good
Back to top Go down
Thebloody323
NELRC Original Gangsta
Thebloody323

New Sliders Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Sliders   New Sliders I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 4:25 am

Mind sharing the design? My g/f keeps bitching at me to install steps so that she doesn't battle getting up into the Land Rover and this way I can kill two birds with one stone.
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

New Sliders Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Sliders   New Sliders I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 9:55 am

JT if you send it to me i will put it up on the club site under links
Back to top Go down
jveen
NELRC Pack Leader
NELRC Pack Leader
jveen

New Sliders Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Sliders   New Sliders I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 1:54 pm

Quote :
Mind sharing the design? My g/f keeps bitching at me to install steps so that she doesn't battle getting up into the Land Rover and this way I can kill two birds with one stone.

Quote :
JT if you send it to me i will put it up on the club site under links

Here are the pics I have

New Sliders Rocksl10

New Sliders Rocksl11

New Sliders Rocksl12

New Sliders Rocksl13
Back to top Go down
ajk150
ABS Modulator Fondler
ajk150

New Sliders Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Sliders   New Sliders I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 9:20 pm

Were these the design pictures that you gave to your machine shop? Or did you have anything else, i like the design and the price range (i know will vary between shops). But I may start talking to different shops. I'm thinking i will do sliders before a lift, but i'd like to get it priced first.
Back to top Go down
jveen
NELRC Pack Leader
NELRC Pack Leader
jveen

New Sliders Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Sliders   New Sliders I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 9:40 pm

Yea took them to the shop manager and had a quote the next day
Back to top Go down
orangecrush4u
NELRC N00B
orangecrush4u

New Sliders Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Sliders   New Sliders I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 8:34 am

Thoase are sweet, I might try to see if my friend can make me a set.
Back to top Go down
ajk150
ABS Modulator Fondler
ajk150

New Sliders Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Sliders   New Sliders I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 1:51 pm

I'm curious but what was this issue with them not following the door lines? The schematics look as if they do follow the door line. Was it just more expensive for them to do this or was it impractical or what? Just kinda curious, because i feel like that the sliders could potentially bend if you land hard enough or pivot the truck on the back where these rails have that inch or two gap between the bottom of the door and top of the rail
Back to top Go down
jveen
NELRC Pack Leader
NELRC Pack Leader
jveen

New Sliders Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Sliders   New Sliders I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 3:19 pm

Quote :
I'm curious but what was this issue with them not following the door lines? The schematics look as if they do follow the door line. Was it just more expensive for to do this or was it impractical or what? Just kinda curious, because i feel like that the sliders could potentially bend if you land hard enough or pivot the truck on the back where these rails have that inch or two gap between the bottom of the door and top of the rail

I dont think they had the tools to do it i didnt ask
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

New Sliders Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Sliders   New Sliders I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 2:12 pm

Back to top Go down
DiscoSux
Forum Asshole
DiscoSux

New Sliders Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Sliders   New Sliders I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 12:54 am

ajk150 wrote:
I'm curious but what was this issue with them not following the door lines? The schematics look as if they do follow the door line.

They might have a gap in the front as the bottom body line curves up slightly.
Back to top Go down
ajk150
ABS Modulator Fondler
ajk150

New Sliders Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Sliders   New Sliders I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2013 11:08 pm

jveen wrote:

Here are the pics I have

New Sliders Rocksl10

New Sliders Rocksl11

New Sliders Rocksl12

New Sliders Rocksl13

Nothing like rekindling old post but I was wondering if maybe there was another picture that shows the measurements for the mounting holes, distance between each, where they place on the RR? I'm thinking about getting these sliders made out here before I go home. Not sure how you had it done, I'm assuming either there is another picture or you just measured it yourself. But any info would be appreciated.
Back to top Go down
jveen
NELRC Pack Leader
NELRC Pack Leader
jveen

New Sliders Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Sliders   New Sliders I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 4:32 pm

That's all the pictures I have. I got them from DiscoMike on another forum. They guy that fabbed them mounted them for me IIRC he used the stock holes from the plastic sills. I'd look but my truck in storage at my moms.
Sorry for not being much of a help.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Sliders Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Sliders   New Sliders I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Sliders
Page 1 of 1