Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Non-Traditional Land Rover Club

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Awesome utility knives

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Thebloody323
NELRC Original Gangsta
Thebloody323

Awesome utility knives Empty
PostSubject: Awesome utility knives   Awesome utility knives I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 5:19 am

Okay so I found these on Amazon and they are awesome (bought 3). Great if you need a fixed blade you don't have to worry about fucking up because they are cheap (also are NOT made in China). My only complaint is that their sheaths are crappy plastic, but I am making paracord lanyards for them so they don't fall out.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=Morakniv

Awesome utility knives 12_110

Last edited by Thebloody323 on Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:21 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Spelling)
Back to top Go down
Thebloody323
NELRC Original Gangsta
Thebloody323

PostSubject: Re: Awesome utility knives   Awesome utility knives I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 5:22 am

Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: Awesome utility knives   Awesome utility knives I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 10:44 am

nice little find. those damn swedish. i got a set of kitchen knives from Ikea a few years ago. Was on the phone cutting some cheese and damn near took my finger off.
Back to top Go down
https://nelrc.iftopic.com
durt d1ver
NELRC Original Gangsta
durt d1ver

PostSubject: Re: Awesome utility knives   Awesome utility knives I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 3:29 pm

I'm going to leave the mil knife in my amazon cart for next time I need a few $$ to bump me up to free shipping.
Back to top Go down
Thebloody323
NELRC Original Gangsta
Thebloody323

PostSubject: Re: Awesome utility knives   Awesome utility knives I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 12:30 am

Only thing to remember is that they are carbon steel so you need an grind stone with aluminium oxide to really get them sharp. Worth it though because I quartered a soda can with the mill knife and it didn't dull the edge at all.
Back to top Go down
durt d1ver
NELRC Original Gangsta
durt d1ver

PostSubject: Re: Awesome utility knives   Awesome utility knives I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 10:58 am

I just ordered a clipper 840. I'll try it during shotgun season this year.
Back to top Go down
SPAS12
ABS Modulator Fondler
SPAS12

PostSubject: Re: Awesome utility knives   Awesome utility knives I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 11:15 pm

Yeah, those Moras are good knives for the money. I have a couple, one in stainless I use in the kitchen. They have a Scandi grind on them, which is a nice edge to have for cutting food to using it for wood.

Here is a Tops knife I just got in the same type of edge. Knives are awesome!

Awesome utility knives 2012-10-12_18-07-05_668
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: Awesome utility knives   Awesome utility knives I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 3:58 am

SPAS12 wrote:
Knives are awesome!

Awesome utility knives 2012-10-12_18-07-05_668

I love it. guns, knives, you are our weapons connoisseur. Every land rover club should have one.
Back to top Go down
SPAS12
ABS Modulator Fondler
SPAS12

PostSubject: Re: Awesome utility knives   Awesome utility knives I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 10:42 am

Go prepared is my motto. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
dcarr1971
Custom CDL Installer
dcarr1971

PostSubject: Re: Awesome utility knives   Awesome utility knives I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 1:35 pm

Hilltoppersx wrote:
I love it. guns, knives, you are our weapons connoisseur. Every land rover club should have one.

Don't worry Ed. There are many in this club.
Back to top Go down
durt d1ver
NELRC Original Gangsta
durt d1ver

PostSubject: Re: Awesome utility knives   Awesome utility knives I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 5:33 pm

dcarr1971 wrote:
Hilltoppersx wrote:

Don't worry Ed. There are many in this club.

In fact, I think Ed is the only one who isn't.
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: Awesome utility knives   Awesome utility knives I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 5:50 pm

i can legally own a shotgun. think i'll get a 12 gauge for the maine trip
Back to top Go down
durt d1ver
NELRC Original Gangsta
durt d1ver

PostSubject: Re: Awesome utility knives   Awesome utility knives I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 6:30 pm

Hilltoppersx wrote:

My mossberg will be loaded with triball.
Back to top Go down
Thebloody323
NELRC Original Gangsta
Thebloody323

PostSubject: Re: Awesome utility knives   Awesome utility knives I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 10:43 pm

Hilltoppersx wrote:

Funnily enough I too can own a weapon in PA, don't know what the limits in Jersey are to Green card holders, but I am thinking of procuring a firearm for the Main trip. I think a .45 would make a bear pause hence why I want to get a Colt, but maybe a Remington 58 or something similar would be better.
Back to top Go down
dcarr1971
Custom CDL Installer
dcarr1971

PostSubject: Re: Awesome utility knives   Awesome utility knives I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 8:36 am

Thebloody323 wrote:
Hilltoppersx wrote:

Funnily enough I too can own a weapon in PA, don't know what the limits in Jersey are to Green card holders, but I am thinking of procuring a firearm for the Main trip. I think a .45 would make a bear pause hence why I want to get a Colt...

Yeah, no. A .45 is just going to piss a bear off. If you're worried about shooting a bear with a handgun you've got to think much bigger. I own and have been known to conceal carry a Ruger Super Redhawk...even that would be a little light for a bear.

Personally, if you're worried about predators up there, I'd forget the handgun/pistols and pick something that would really leave a mark like this...

http://henryrepeating.com/rifle-45-70.cfm
Back to top Go down
durt d1ver
NELRC Original Gangsta
durt d1ver

PostSubject: Re: Awesome utility knives   Awesome utility knives I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 10:29 am

Thebloody323 wrote:

Funnily enough I too can own a weapon in PA, don't know what the limits in Jersey are to Green card holders, but I am thinking of procuring a firearm for the Main trip. I think a .45 would make a bear pause hence why I want to get a Colt, but maybe a Remington 58 or something similar would be better.

From the little research I did, a resident alien can get a FID in NJ. Get your DL and stuff changed over to NJ, then go to your local PD and apply for a firearms id card (FID). The process takes a couple months. Until you get your FID, I would recommend you leave all your guns in PA. Apply for a Pistol Purchase Permit (PPP) at the same time as your FID, as they're good for up to 6 months, and they also take awhile to get. If you apply for a PPP at the same time as your FID, it's only an additional $2, whereas if you decide to do it later, you may have to pay to get your fingerprints done again, which is around $75.

** Back to the original theme of this thread, I got my clipper, and stuck it on my SHTF bag for work. We'll see how everything goes next week after Sandy. One of the GFS tracks has it making landfall just over Ocean County.

Awesome utility knives 2012-10-26_09-13-57_202
Back to top Go down
Thebloody323
NELRC Original Gangsta
Thebloody323

PostSubject: Re: Awesome utility knives   Awesome utility knives I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 8:06 pm

Thanks for the info, the knife looks good. Yeah hopefully Sandy isn't too bad, hoping for some fall colours for the Creek trip.
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: Awesome utility knives   Awesome utility knives I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 8:36 pm

i think we need a night pines run next friday night. sandy got me horny for some crazy pines run
Back to top Go down
Thebloody323
NELRC Original Gangsta
Thebloody323

PostSubject: Re: Awesome utility knives   Awesome utility knives I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 8:49 pm

Hilltoppersx wrote:
i think we need a night pines run next friday night. sandy got me horny for some crazy pines run

Hey man I don't judge, what ever blows your hear back. Wink
Back to top Go down
durt d1ver
NELRC Original Gangsta
durt d1ver

PostSubject: Re: Awesome utility knives   Awesome utility knives I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2012 4:49 pm

I bought box of these to have for Maine:

Awesome utility knives 37896

This Black Magic Magnum round, in 12 gauge, has a 3" shell loaded with a 1-3/8 oz rifled lead slug which it fires at 1502 fps. It's a good choice for big deer or dangerous large game.

The Black Magic Magnum is one of the most powerful cartridges available on the market. They offer tremendous knockdown power up to 100 yards. The Black Magic Magnum is your life insurance against big and/or dangerous game.

Muzzle velocity: 1502 fps
Muzzle energy: 3014 ft/lb

This year I was loaded with the 2 3/4" ones for deer, which is probably overkill. Although, I didn't see anything in the 1.5 days I was able to get out. They shot well at the range for a smoothbore.
Back to top Go down
Thebloody323
NELRC Original Gangsta
Thebloody323

PostSubject: Re: Awesome utility knives   Awesome utility knives I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2012 11:10 am

durt d1ver wrote:
I bought box of these to have for Maine:

Awesome utility knives 37896

This Black Magic Magnum round, in 12 gauge, has a 3" shell loaded with a 1-3/8 oz rifled lead slug which it fires at 1502 fps. It's a good choice for big deer or dangerous large game.

The Black Magic Magnum is one of the most powerful cartridges available on the market. They offer tremendous knockdown power up to 100 yards. The Black Magic Magnum is your life insurance against big and/or dangerous game.

Muzzle velocity: 1502 fps
Muzzle energy: 3014 ft/lb

This year I was loaded with the 2 3/4" ones for deer, which is probably overkill. Although, I didn't see anything in the 1.5 days I was able to get out. They shot well at the range for a smoothbore.

Nice, how much did that run you? I'll probably be picking up my 12 gauge within the next 2-3 months. Jen isn't too happy about it so I think I'm going to take her to a couple of gun safety classes and let her get used to the idea of guns.
Back to top Go down
Thebloody323
NELRC Original Gangsta
Thebloody323

PostSubject: Re: Awesome utility knives   Awesome utility knives I_icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 3:26 am

Added a camping mora to my kit. Comes with a flint that sparks at 3000 degrees C.

Awesome utility knives Img_2010
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Awesome utility knives   Awesome utility knives I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Awesome utility knives
Page 1 of 1