Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Non-Traditional Land Rover Club

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Rovers on the Rocks - Rausch Creek - November 9th-10th

Go down 
+14
Turf
KingKong8247
ajk150
DiscoSux
B4X4S
SPAS12
Thebloody323
dcarr1971
qbenplaya00
scottsdalerrc
devildog01
Hilltoppersx
jveen
durt d1ver
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

Rovers on the Rocks - Rausch Creek - November 9th-10th  - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rovers on the Rocks - Rausch Creek - November 9th-10th    Rovers on the Rocks - Rausch Creek - November 9th-10th  - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2012 1:53 pm

did you enjoy the park? i think your dad would get a kick out of it. there were enough stock trucks for him to roll with. Can't wait to visit Rausch again in the Spring for our ANNUAL event.
Back to top Go down
https://nelrc.iftopic.com
Thebloody323
NELRC Original Gangsta
Thebloody323

PostSubject: Re: Rovers on the Rocks - Rausch Creek - November 9th-10th    Rovers on the Rocks - Rausch Creek - November 9th-10th  - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2012 2:16 pm

Hilltoppersx wrote:
did you enjoy the park? i think your dad would get a kick out of it. there were enough stock trucks for him to roll with. Can't wait to visit Rausch again in the Spring for our ANNUAL event.

Dude the park was awesome, I had so much fun and I'm glad I climbed that hill at the end and a little regretful that I didn't climb the other hill right after the pond.

Yeah I saw a couple of photos of the Series III rolling stock so my dad's IIA with the parabolic suspension and disk brakes wouldn't have an issue.
Back to top Go down
Thebloody323
NELRC Original Gangsta
Thebloody323

PostSubject: Re: Rovers on the Rocks - Rausch Creek - November 9th-10th    Rovers on the Rocks - Rausch Creek - November 9th-10th  - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2012 2:22 pm

Here is the video of the buggy rock climb.

Ed, it's uploading to my dropbox and when done I'll share it with you.
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: Rovers on the Rocks - Rausch Creek - November 9th-10th    Rovers on the Rocks - Rausch Creek - November 9th-10th  - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2012 2:25 pm

yeah that is Dan Rao drivin mikes truggy. i can def use that video clip thanks kevin!
Back to top Go down
dcarr1971
Custom CDL Installer
dcarr1971

PostSubject: Re: Rovers on the Rocks - Rausch Creek - November 9th-10th    Rovers on the Rocks - Rausch Creek - November 9th-10th  - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2012 2:33 pm

Here's the pictures from my BlackBerry. I'll see what I can do with the raw video a little later...

ROTR 4

I've also posted them in an album over on the FPLRG FaceBook site: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.427758977277847.109598.180662891987458&type=3
Back to top Go down
dcarr1971
Custom CDL Installer
dcarr1971

PostSubject: Re: Rovers on the Rocks - Rausch Creek - November 9th-10th    Rovers on the Rocks - Rausch Creek - November 9th-10th  - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2012 2:42 pm

Hilltoppersx wrote:
Turf wrote:
so you were just HOPING it wasnt that deep? Dude, thats pretty crazy. Think you could have made it through with throttle?

it was a place called frog pond or something. i thought it was winch hill. the entire park was pretty dry so i saw some dry spots and hit the first puddle i said oh man winch hill is pretty dry and i hit the second hole thinking i knew how deep it was thats why i didnt get out and check it... im not sure how deep it was at the deepest point but there was no way any land rover i have seen that would have made it through. before they pulled me out the water was 4 inches from the top of my windshield.

im going to build up my rangie although i will miss the disco. as billy said i have done loads of wheeling in that truck in the past 4 years.

Hmmm, I was thinking this was 'Sunken Treasure' from my map...that's what headed back for when I heard you yelling on the radio...
Back to top Go down
Thebloody323
NELRC Original Gangsta
Thebloody323

PostSubject: Re: Rovers on the Rocks - Rausch Creek - November 9th-10th    Rovers on the Rocks - Rausch Creek - November 9th-10th  - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2012 2:47 pm

dcarr1971 wrote:
Here's the pictures from my BlackBerry. I'll see what I can do with the raw video a little later...

ROTR 4

I've also posted them in an album over on the FPLRG FaceBook site: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.427758977277847.109598.180662891987458&type=3

I keep thinking Kase's truck is mine, except my brakes work and it is not seen lurking around school yards with free candy on the side in black spray paint. Hopefully he made it back okay and didn't kill any one.
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: Rovers on the Rocks - Rausch Creek - November 9th-10th    Rovers on the Rocks - Rausch Creek - November 9th-10th  - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2012 2:49 pm

dcarr1971 wrote:
Hilltoppersx wrote:
Turf wrote:
so you were just HOPING it wasnt that deep? Dude, thats pretty crazy. Think you could have made it through with throttle?

it was a place called frog pond or something. i thought it was winch hill. the entire park was pretty dry so i saw some dry spots and hit the first puddle i said oh man winch hill is pretty dry and i hit the second hole thinking i knew how deep it was thats why i didnt get out and check it... im not sure how deep it was at the deepest point but there was no way any land rover i have seen that would have made it through. before they pulled me out the water was 4 inches from the top of my windshield.

im going to build up my rangie although i will miss the disco. as billy said i have done loads of wheeling in that truck in the past 4 years.

Hmmm, I was thinking this was 'Sunken Treasure' from my map...that's what headed back for when I heard you yelling on the radio...

sunken treasure is the one you got stuck in last year.
Back to top Go down
dcarr1971
Custom CDL Installer
dcarr1971

PostSubject: Re: Rovers on the Rocks - Rausch Creek - November 9th-10th    Rovers on the Rocks - Rausch Creek - November 9th-10th  - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2012 3:09 pm

Hilltoppersx wrote:
dcarr1971 wrote:
Hilltoppersx wrote:
Turf wrote:

sunken treasure is the one you got stuck in last year.

Really? The sign on it said 'the black hole'. Crap, that's what I've been calling it for the last 6 months...
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: Rovers on the Rocks - Rausch Creek - November 9th-10th    Rovers on the Rocks - Rausch Creek - November 9th-10th  - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2012 3:50 pm

What the fuck do I know. I drove into what I thought was winch hill lol. I thought it was frog something or other
Back to top Go down
jveen
NELRC Pack Leader
NELRC Pack Leader
jveen

PostSubject: Re: Rovers on the Rocks - Rausch Creek - November 9th-10th    Rovers on the Rocks - Rausch Creek - November 9th-10th  - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2012 3:58 pm

Quote :
Okay the video isn't so great, but my girlfriends commentary is funny as hell.

That was good. haha
Back to top Go down
dcarr1971
Custom CDL Installer
dcarr1971

PostSubject: Re: Rovers on the Rocks - Rausch Creek - November 9th-10th    Rovers on the Rocks - Rausch Creek - November 9th-10th  - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2012 4:08 pm

Could be. Here's what I thought...When we split up, we'd come off the end of Snakebite and I turned right on to S2 to try ans limp back to camp. You, Dave Kase, and Dave Beard went left to go hit Lake Christy.

Chad and I were skirting the eastern edge of the quarry when you called for help on the radios and we circled back to where we thought you were...I wasn't sure, so I told Justin and Randy so, and to come to Sunken Treasure and they ran right into us...

Rovers on the Rocks - Rausch Creek - November 9th-10th  - Page 8 Wlg
Back to top Go down
ajk150
ABS Modulator Fondler
ajk150

PostSubject: Re: Rovers on the Rocks - Rausch Creek - November 9th-10th    Rovers on the Rocks - Rausch Creek - November 9th-10th  - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2012 5:04 pm

Hilltoppersx wrote:
What the fuck do I know. I drove into what I thought was winch hill lol. I thought it was frog something or other

do you mean frog hole? if so it has that dirty stuffed frog nailed to a tree next to it and won't sink your truck nearly as much as either of the two you guys are talking about. Although then again 'sunken treasure' and 'the black hole', both alone sound like something your going to get stuck in, unless your running a mud bog truck lol
Back to top Go down
dcarr1971
Custom CDL Installer
dcarr1971

PostSubject: Re: Rovers on the Rocks - Rausch Creek - November 9th-10th    Rovers on the Rocks - Rausch Creek - November 9th-10th  - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2012 5:54 pm

ajk150 wrote:
Hilltoppersx wrote:

do you mean frog hole? if so it has that dirty stuffed frog nailed to a tree next to it and won't sink your truck nearly as much as either of the two you guys are talking about. Although then again 'sunken treasure' and 'the black hole', both alone sound like something your going to get stuck in, unless your running a mud bog truck lol

A mud bog truck wouldn'y stand a chance at either of these spots...I wouldn't go near either of these places again unless I was driving a full blown FC101 converted to a 300TDi or a duece-and-a-half with a snorkel...
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: Rovers on the Rocks - Rausch Creek - November 9th-10th    Rovers on the Rocks - Rausch Creek - November 9th-10th  - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2012 6:03 pm

i will use a zodiak next time.
Back to top Go down
qbenplaya00
Hardcore Lesbian
qbenplaya00

PostSubject: Re: Rovers on the Rocks - Rausch Creek - November 9th-10th    Rovers on the Rocks - Rausch Creek - November 9th-10th  - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2012 6:32 pm

ed almost synced in dropbox... my pictures a videos arent worth a damn. all the good stuff was missed by the guy who had my camera. sorry man. im regretting this.
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: Rovers on the Rocks - Rausch Creek - November 9th-10th    Rovers on the Rocks - Rausch Creek - November 9th-10th  - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2012 6:41 pm

qbenplaya00 wrote:
ed almost synced in dropbox... my pictures a videos arent worth a damn. all the good stuff was missed by the guy who had my camera. sorry man. im regretting this.

no prob. send me what you got im sure i can find something i can use. makes better videos when we combine everyones footage because then we end up with more variety of the trucks and people that attended.
Back to top Go down
SPAS12
ABS Modulator Fondler
SPAS12

PostSubject: Re: Rovers on the Rocks - Rausch Creek - November 9th-10th    Rovers on the Rocks - Rausch Creek - November 9th-10th  - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2012 6:56 pm

Damn, I wish I could have made this trip. Sorry to hear about your truck Ed, looks like it had a Viking funeral though.
Back to top Go down
ajk150
ABS Modulator Fondler
ajk150

PostSubject: Re: Rovers on the Rocks - Rausch Creek - November 9th-10th    Rovers on the Rocks - Rausch Creek - November 9th-10th  - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2012 7:46 pm

qbenplaya00 wrote:

Yea i'm not surprised... Thats why i run a GoPro, so that i can sort capture what i'm doing, versus not at all. When i go out with my buddy i usually get sweet videos/pictures of him and he returns the favor with really lame pictures of me doing nothing awesome haha
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: Rovers on the Rocks - Rausch Creek - November 9th-10th    Rovers on the Rocks - Rausch Creek - November 9th-10th  - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2012 8:22 pm

SPAS12 wrote:
Damn, I wish I could have made this trip. Sorry to hear about your truck Ed, looks like it had a Viking funeral though.

yeah it was a great trip had some really good tough wheeling on Friday. hit a good black trail right before i sunk the disco. i did a lot of good wheeling in that truck and im happy with the 40,000 miles i beat the piss out of it. now its time for the range rover to get built. did someone say 35's? i already have a locker for the rear, its getting good!....
Back to top Go down
qbenplaya00
Hardcore Lesbian
qbenplaya00

PostSubject: Re: Rovers on the Rocks - Rausch Creek - November 9th-10th    Rovers on the Rocks - Rausch Creek - November 9th-10th  - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2012 9:58 pm

ajk150 wrote:
qbenplaya00 wrote:

Yea i'm not surprised... Thats why i run a GoPro, so that i can sort capture what i'm doing, versus not at all. When i go out with my buddy i usually get sweet videos/pictures of him and he returns the favor with really lame pictures of me doing nothing awesome haha

dude he was ASLEEP throughout one of the best trails we hit... no pictures of the awesome (some what dangerous) angels we had our trucks in... Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
rijosho
3 Amigos Detective

PostSubject: Re: Rovers on the Rocks - Rausch Creek - November 9th-10th    Rovers on the Rocks - Rausch Creek - November 9th-10th  - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 12:55 am

My pics. It's easier for me to load them over here with the app.

http://www.d-90.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40284&page=7
Back to top Go down
ajk150
ABS Modulator Fondler
ajk150

PostSubject: Re: Rovers on the Rocks - Rausch Creek - November 9th-10th    Rovers on the Rocks - Rausch Creek - November 9th-10th  - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 1:27 am

qbenplaya00 wrote:

dude he was ASLEEP throughout one of the best trails we hit... no pictures of the awesome (some what dangerous) angels we had our trucks in... Evil or Very Mad

Well you saw me empty my car out at the gas station... need i say more. He just didn't seem to have an eye for what was going to be a good picture and what would not be. You really need to be an offroader to see it and he was not. But he did drive there and drove home while i passed out so i can't complain haha
Back to top Go down
qbenplaya00
Hardcore Lesbian
qbenplaya00

PostSubject: Re: Rovers on the Rocks - Rausch Creek - November 9th-10th    Rovers on the Rocks - Rausch Creek - November 9th-10th  - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 1:31 am

ajk150 wrote:
qbenplaya00 wrote:

Well you saw me empty my car out at the gas station... need i say more. He just didn't seem to have an eye for what was going to be a good picture and what would not be. You really need to be an offroader to see it and he was not. But he did drive there and drove home while i passed out so i can't complain haha

how did you gopro come out?
Back to top Go down
ajk150
ABS Modulator Fondler
ajk150

PostSubject: Re: Rovers on the Rocks - Rausch Creek - November 9th-10th    Rovers on the Rocks - Rausch Creek - November 9th-10th  - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 4:01 am

It worked out well, but i didn't get the angle that i was hoping for. I wanted to get the angle lower so that it brought some of the hood into the shot and gave you a better perspective of what is going on. Sort of like this
Rovers on the Rocks - Rausch Creek - November 9th-10th  - Page 8 12
But you live and learn, its something to work on for next time.

As for the video's i did get though, there is some alright stuff. No emmy winners, but decent footage.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rovers on the Rocks - Rausch Creek - November 9th-10th    Rovers on the Rocks - Rausch Creek - November 9th-10th  - Page 8 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rovers on the Rocks - Rausch Creek - November 9th-10th
Page 8 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next