Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Non-Traditional Land Rover Club

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Official firearm pic thread

Go down 
+7
Hilltoppersx
forcefed44
Turf
dcarr1971
DiscoSux
jveen
SPAS12
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
TOM R
NELRC Pack Leader
NELRC Pack Leader
TOM R

Official firearm pic thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official firearm pic thread   Official firearm pic thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2014 1:05 am

We have not, spoken to armorers that were in the past, hands on inspection of each gun had to call in off duty guys to have theirs checked, not something I want to deal with, plus I priced it out as cheaper to buy carbines then change our rifles over to carbines and store the parts, I would love to get a job in n.j. as a cop
Back to top Go down
Thebloody323
NELRC Original Gangsta
Thebloody323

PostSubject: Re: Official firearm pic thread   Official firearm pic thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2014 6:14 pm

Awe man I'm feeling left out, I need to find myself a nice long gun. All I've gotten recently is this. Bought 4 and put one on the Land Rover.

Official firearm pic thread - Page 3 Img_2010
Back to top Go down
Thebloody323
NELRC Original Gangsta
Thebloody323

PostSubject: Re: Official firearm pic thread   Official firearm pic thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2014 11:09 pm

Went to the gun shop near me and I found a 308 Browning BLR (Japanese not Belgian) with 2x7 scope in REALLY good condition. Bore looks almost new, they want $650 for it and will be having a sale next week. Man the lever action is silky smooth, now I have to convince the wife to let me buy it...
Back to top Go down
TOM R
NELRC Pack Leader
NELRC Pack Leader
TOM R

PostSubject: Re: Official firearm pic thread   Official firearm pic thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2014 11:31 pm

If you want to build an ar , buy the parts and come over I will assemble it for you
Back to top Go down
Thebloody323
NELRC Original Gangsta
Thebloody323

PostSubject: Re: Official firearm pic thread   Official firearm pic thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2014 11:52 pm

TOM R wrote:
If you want to build an ar , buy the parts and come over I will assemble it for you

Thanks man, I appreciate it. Right now though I'm looking to get a brush gun for white tail and because PA still doesn't allow semi automatic hunting, a lever action seems to be a good way to go. I get something that's good out to 200 yards and quick enough to be able to get off a second round if needed. The one I found is pretty much the same as this, only $150 cheaper and i don't have to pay shipping.
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=450953181#PIC
Back to top Go down
TOM R
NELRC Pack Leader
NELRC Pack Leader
TOM R

PostSubject: Re: Official firearm pic thread   Official firearm pic thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2014 10:18 pm

Looks nice, bulk of my collection is military
Back to top Go down
durt d1ver
NELRC Original Gangsta
durt d1ver

PostSubject: Re: Official firearm pic thread   Official firearm pic thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2014 9:46 pm

A few weeks ago, as a bundle from a coworkers father, I picked up a Marlin 336 in .35rem, an Ithaca model 49 single shot lever .22, and a Savage 24j in .22/20g. I sold the savage for twice than I bought all 3 for. I haven't shot either yet thoug. Ithaca needs to be refinished, its functionally good, but has some rust on the barrel. I think I will duracoat it and save it for Molly. And .35rem ammo is impossible to find near me. I was only able to get one box from Cheyenne Mtn, and the only other place that had them wanted $45 a box for some Hornady.
Back to top Go down
Thebloody323
NELRC Original Gangsta
Thebloody323

PostSubject: Re: Official firearm pic thread   Official firearm pic thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2014 12:27 pm

Military is nice, but I have to worry about stupid NJ laws banning the "evil scary black guns" so I'm limited to what I can get. Also there is something about old school weapons that I just love, could be Enfield my dad had when I was growing up as a kid. He got it from my Grand Father who bought it straight from military auction after WWII.

I was looking at the 336 as well, living close to PA ammo isn't as hard to find but I decided the 308 would be more well rounded than the 336 as it can take branch hits better. I do like the Marlin though, next time I'm up at Tanners Sports near my parents I'll see how much the LEVERevolution ammo is for the 336.
Back to top Go down
TOM R
NELRC Pack Leader
NELRC Pack Leader
TOM R

PostSubject: Re: Official firearm pic thread   Official firearm pic thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2014 11:14 pm

You'd be surprised what you can own in n.j.

I have a m2hb, mg42, 1919a4, just have to use metal link belts at 10 rounds, easy peasy , keep the evil guns in va. Wink
Back to top Go down
Thebloody323
NELRC Original Gangsta
Thebloody323

PostSubject: Re: Official firearm pic thread   Official firearm pic thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2014 11:30 am

TOM R wrote:
You'd be surprised what you can own in n.j.

I have a m2hb, mg42, 1919a4, just have to use metal link belts at 10 rounds, easy peasy , keep the evil guns in va. Wink

God damn, lol.
Back to top Go down
TOM R
NELRC Pack Leader
NELRC Pack Leader
TOM R

PostSubject: Re: Official firearm pic thread   Official firearm pic thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2014 11:18 pm

Yup, 4 m16 variants, sniper rifle, couple carbines, sbr, shotguns , ww2 rifles, pistols galore

Used collect, still build some, my job in va. is guns
Back to top Go down
TOM R
NELRC Pack Leader
NELRC Pack Leader
TOM R

PostSubject: Re: Official firearm pic thread   Official firearm pic thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2014 11:21 pm

Official firearm pic thread - Page 3 IMG_20131216_215228_zps8eprsuvt
Back to top Go down
TOM R
NELRC Pack Leader
NELRC Pack Leader
TOM R

PostSubject: Re: Official firearm pic thread   Official firearm pic thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2014 11:23 pm

My 50 with the barrel offOfficial firearm pic thread - Page 3 M3hb
Back to top Go down
TOM R
NELRC Pack Leader
NELRC Pack Leader
TOM R

PostSubject: Re: Official firearm pic thread   Official firearm pic thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2014 11:27 pm

Official firearm pic thread - Page 3 BAZOOKAJEEP001

My jeep, with 2 ww2 bazookas, 1919a4, m1 garand, and 1903 Springfield drill rifle

I got some toys
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: Official firearm pic thread   Official firearm pic thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2014 11:38 am

HAHAHA that jeep. drive that thing down the turnpike.
Back to top Go down
https://nelrc.iftopic.com
TOM R
NELRC Pack Leader
NELRC Pack Leader
TOM R

PostSubject: Re: Official firearm pic thread   Official firearm pic thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2014 12:28 am

Drove it on 295 before, scary
Back to top Go down
Thebloody323
NELRC Original Gangsta
Thebloody323

PostSubject: Re: Official firearm pic thread   Official firearm pic thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2014 12:05 pm

That's pretty awesome, does working as an armorer enable you to have a special license that us mear mortals can't?
Back to top Go down
TOM R
NELRC Pack Leader
NELRC Pack Leader
TOM R

PostSubject: Re: Official firearm pic thread   Official firearm pic thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2014 7:22 pm

Nope it does not, just let's me work on and shoot neat stuff but even that gets old
great link in your signature, love 80's

my sbr is 11.5" big name ion bonded stainless 1/8 twist with wylde chamber, modded redimag, nickel boron coated upper, bolt carrier group, charging handle and osprey piston system, badd lever, kns anti rotate pins, rock river 2 stage match trigger think 3.5 lb., aimpoint with larue mount, think the free float is a cut down Midwest was rifle length, magpul buis , magpul sling plate, vltor milspec buffer tube, magpul stock

Back to top Go down
Thebloody323
NELRC Original Gangsta
Thebloody323

PostSubject: Re: Official firearm pic thread   Official firearm pic thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2015 3:09 pm

So guys I have a question, does the Century Arms C308 Sporter fall under the "substantially identical" classification in NJ law?

http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/component/virtuemart/shipping-rifles/century-arms-c308-sporter-detail.html?Itemid=0

I'm thinking a sub $700 G3/FN look alike would make a great all round shooter but being it's a CETME G3 clone I don't want to get my hopes up (or you know, commit a felony) just to find out it's banned.
Back to top Go down
TOM R
NELRC Pack Leader
NELRC Pack Leader
TOM R

PostSubject: Re: Official firearm pic thread   Official firearm pic thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2015 3:49 pm

Since you have to have it sent to a n.j. ffl I would ask them if its legal, n.j. laws make no sense anymore, cause you can own an ar15 that's neutered and its same as m16, can own that goofy seiga ak but not an ak so idk anymore
Back to top Go down
Thebloody323
NELRC Original Gangsta
Thebloody323

PostSubject: Re: Official firearm pic thread   Official firearm pic thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2015 3:52 pm

Yeah, it's so fucking convoluted these days so who knows. Will ask the FFL near me and see what he says.
Back to top Go down
TOM R
NELRC Pack Leader
NELRC Pack Leader
TOM R

PostSubject: Re: Official firearm pic thread   Official firearm pic thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2015 4:26 pm

All my good stuff stays in va., gathered some n.j. compliant parts and built an m4 for a friend, he is happy I think it looks stupid but is what it is
Back to top Go down
durt d1ver
NELRC Original Gangsta
durt d1ver

PostSubject: Re: Official firearm pic thread   Official firearm pic thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2015 4:31 pm

I used to own one, bought it in a local gun store in NJ, so I don't see why not. Check with whatever FFL you plan on using to confirm
Back to top Go down
TOM R
NELRC Pack Leader
NELRC Pack Leader
TOM R

PostSubject: Re: Official firearm pic thread   Official firearm pic thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2015 4:55 pm

Yeah we have a few guns my dad bought legal in n.j., laws change now they are illegal to possess, I remember going to n.j.gun shows as a child
Back to top Go down
durt d1ver
NELRC Original Gangsta
durt d1ver

PostSubject: Re: Official firearm pic thread   Official firearm pic thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2015 5:18 pm

Very true. But I bought it about 2005 or so, he should be fine. You might need to have a muzzle device pinned on it, I don't remember what mine had. Just use an FFL that will do any needed compliance work that's needed. Then have your dad buy some mags for you, and modify them to meet NJ law next time you're in PA. IIRC, my mags had a piece of paint stirrer stick as a block, but that was back when a simple wood block was allowed, you supposedly now need to permanently affix the base plate after blocking. Nothing a little jb weld on the floor plate won't fix.

http://www.magazineblocks.com/magento/g3-and-hk91-10-20-magblock.html

If you want to go that route, that company will usually modify their blocks to make them 15 rounds instead of 10.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official firearm pic thread   Official firearm pic thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Official firearm pic thread
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next