Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Non-Traditional Land Rover Club

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

what to do with my range?

Go down 
+8
Thebloody323
qbenplaya00
SPAS12
durt d1ver
donbunnell
Jake
Vader
Hilltoppersx
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

what to do with my range? - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: what to do with my range?   what to do with my range? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 9:57 pm

jveen wrote:
Might want to get this for it

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Land-Rover-Life-Preserver-Ring-/160933529701?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item257862c865

Funny guy. You are leading from now on.
Back to top Go down
https://nelrc.iftopic.com
Thebloody323
NELRC Original Gangsta
Thebloody323

PostSubject: Re: what to do with my range?   what to do with my range? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 12:30 am

Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: what to do with my range?   what to do with my range? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 1:26 pm

that dude John who makes the Wolf Fabrications products. just picked up the rear bumper with swing away tire carrier from him. next item rear brakes, steel brake lines, then tires.
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: what to do with my range?   what to do with my range? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 5:31 pm

never mind.... apparently he went and sold the entire fuckin truck before i could paypal him the money for the bumper... dick.
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: what to do with my range?   what to do with my range? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 5:41 pm

Hilltoppersx wrote:
never mind.... apparently he went and sold the entire fuckin truck before i could paypal him the money for the bumper... dick.

Haha wow that's fucked up!! I wondered...
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: what to do with my range?   what to do with my range? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 6:16 pm

Jake wrote:
Hilltoppersx wrote:

i delayed contacting him about it because i would rather get the driveline and suspension sorted but then i couldnt pass up and hit him up yesterday about it. gave me his paypal at 8pm last night i paypal'd him this morning and he said the truck was sold...
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: what to do with my range?   what to do with my range? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2012 2:24 am

Hilltoppersx wrote:
Jake wrote:
Hilltoppersx wrote:

i delayed contacting him about it because i would rather get the driveline and suspension sorted but then i couldnt pass up and hit him up yesterday about it. gave me his paypal at 8pm last night i paypal'd him this morning and he said the truck was sold...

Yea honestly I wasnt impressed by the craftsmanship. I know it's a "prototype" but still like chapman said on dweb, weld over the seams and grind it flush or at least do it right before you paint it..

Anyways get those gears, axles, tires driveshafts etc ordered up! I want to see this thing rolling on 35's!

Is this truck 10 spline or 24 spline? I dont know what year they changed over..
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: what to do with my range?   what to do with my range? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2012 7:47 am

24 spline, change was in 93
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: what to do with my range?   what to do with my range? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 11:31 pm

Hilltoppersx wrote:
tires tires tires....

http://www.treaddepot.com/group/atmt.html
thoughts?

thinkin 315/75

You end up getting these? I'm gonna pick up a set of 265/75/16 for the classic
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: what to do with my range?   what to do with my range? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 11:32 pm

Jake wrote:
Hilltoppersx wrote:
tires tires tires....

thoughts?

thinkin 315/75

Not yet. Next month. Funds are tight with Christmas and tuition
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: what to do with my range?   what to do with my range? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 11:41 pm

Hilltoppersx wrote:
Jake wrote:
Hilltoppersx wrote:
tires tires tires....

thoughts?

thinkin 315/75

Not yet. Next month. Funds are tight with Christmas and tuition

Yea I hear that. I found this set practically new for ~$500 and I have a 265/75 mt I can use as a spare. I was looking at the Duratracs but these seem to be similar..
Back to top Go down
dcarr1971
Custom CDL Installer
dcarr1971

PostSubject: Re: what to do with my range?   what to do with my range? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2012 3:18 am

I think those are the same tires Brett put on the truck Kerry has now. If so, then they're pretty good tires...
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: what to do with my range?   what to do with my range? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2012 3:23 pm

dcarr1971 wrote:
I think those are the same tires Brett put on the truck Kerry has now. If so, then they're pretty good tires...

I am pretty sure his tires are Cooper STT but I could be wrong. None-the-less the Fierce Attitude (gayest name ever) MT had good reviews for a streetable mud tire. I will report back in a couple days after I pick them up.
Back to top Go down
durt d1ver
NELRC Original Gangsta
durt d1ver

PostSubject: Re: what to do with my range?   what to do with my range? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2012 4:03 pm

Jake wrote:
dcarr1971 wrote:

I am pretty sure his tires are Cooper STT but I could be wrong. None-the-less the Fierce Attitude (gayest name ever) MT had good reviews for a streetable mud tire. I will report back in a couple days after I pick them up.

I do believe those are the tires Brett purchased. I remember the ribbing on dweb about the name.
Back to top Go down
devildog01
Industrial Strength Dickhead
devildog01

PostSubject: Re: what to do with my range?   what to do with my range? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2012 4:39 pm

Yes the Kelly fierce attitude are one of the best tires I have ever owned.Awsome offroad and really quiet and had great road manners.Dano g just picked up a set for his D1.I guarantee you will love these tires.
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: what to do with my range?   what to do with my range? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2012 4:51 pm

devildog01 wrote:
Yes the Kelly fierce attitude are one of the best tires I have ever owned.Awsome offroad and really quiet and had great road manners.Dano g just picked up a set for his D1.I guarantee you will love these tires.

Good deal, glad to hear that
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: what to do with my range?   what to do with my range? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 12:04 am

what to do with my range? - Page 6 1357095738.6487.iPicit

Picked them up today, they look pretty sweet.
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: what to do with my range?   what to do with my range? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 12:53 pm

that tread doesnt look so deep... i feel like the tread on my guard dogs looked deeper?
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: what to do with my range?   what to do with my range? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 1:03 pm

Hilltoppersx wrote:
that tread doesnt look so deep... i feel like the tread on my guard dogs looked deeper?

They are used have around 13/32 new they have close to 19/32
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: what to do with my range?   what to do with my range? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 1:17 pm

Jake wrote:
Hilltoppersx wrote:

They are used have around 13/32 new they have close to 19/32

ah ok. yeah guard dogs are 19/32 new.

i do like the new max trax from TW. with bead 2 bead but want a 35" not 32"

https://www.treadwright.com/p-112-265-75r16-max-trax-m-t-e.aspx
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: what to do with my range?   what to do with my range? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 1:27 pm

19/32 is more tread than most have new. I saw those too but I wanted something that isnt too loud on the road. I may get another set of these or Goodyear Duratracs when these wear out.

Plus I wanted to wait to hear some reviews on the new TW.. 16/32 seems a little shallow for a "new" tire
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: what to do with my range?   what to do with my range? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 1:44 pm

Jake wrote:
19/32 is more tread than most have new. I saw those too but I wanted something that isnt too loud on the road. I may get another set of these or Goodyear Duratracs when these wear out.

Plus I wanted to wait to hear some reviews on the new TW.. 16/32 seems a little shallow for a "new" tire

what is 16/32? the goodyear? they told me i could call and order but there is about a 6 week delay on the guard dogs in 33 and 35. which is fine.. i thought they were a pretty good on-road tire and the tread lasted me a long time. i do like the bead 2 bead designs but like you said not sure what people will say about the on-road manners of that max track. thing looks hella wicked thou
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: what to do with my range?   what to do with my range? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 1:54 pm

Hilltoppersx wrote:
Jake wrote:

what is 16/32? the goodyear? they told me i could call and order but there is about a 6 week delay on the guard dogs in 33 and 35. which is fine.. i thought they were a pretty good on-road tire and the tread lasted me a long time. i do like the bead 2 bead designs but like you said not sure what people will say about the on-road manners of that max track. thing looks hella wicked thou

No the max-trac their other retreads have a respectable amount of tread. I have the old style MTRs and like them but they are loud. not the loudest but louder than I'd like for this rig. I got this set a bit cheaper than treadwrights. If they had more of a middle man between their M/T and A/T I'd jump on it
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: what to do with my range?   what to do with my range? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 2:15 pm

the guard dog is between the max trac and their AT tires. i might just go with dog guard i jut wish it were bead to bead
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: what to do with my range?   what to do with my range? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 4:42 pm

Hilltoppersx wrote:
the guard dog is between the max trac and their AT tires. i might just go with dog guard i jut wish it were bead to bead

I vote for guard dog over max trax because of its tread depth. That old MTR pattern works great in the northeast terrain
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: what to do with my range?   what to do with my range? - Page 6 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

what to do with my range?
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next