Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Non-Traditional Land Rover Club

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

If you CAN'T do Sand & Snow - Robesonia Trials

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
DiscoSux
Forum Asshole
DiscoSux

If you CAN'T do Sand & Snow - Robesonia Trials Empty
PostSubject: If you CAN'T do Sand & Snow - Robesonia Trials   If you CAN'T do Sand & Snow - Robesonia Trials I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 1:42 am

Sunday the 20th. Camping Saturday night.

4" of snow on the mountain.

see roversclub.org for info

If Sand and Snow is undoable for you, maybe Robesonia is. Rovers need to be driven.
Back to top Go down
DiscoSux
Forum Asshole
DiscoSux

PostSubject: Re: If you CAN'T do Sand & Snow - Robesonia Trials   If you CAN'T do Sand & Snow - Robesonia Trials I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 1:45 am

From Rovers:

Sunday January 20th. Work day weekend before. We are going to have our first ever trials event in winter. Half price admission, still have lunch (from Tony's pizza) and prizes. Saturday early arrival and trail rides/camping. The weekend of 12th/13th will be work days (if needed). We will need responses from those interested in coming to work days.
Goal = high score. 100 points possible for the day. All sections run backwards! numbers will be on the wrong side (left "drivers in USA" side this time and facing away from you. Every section is worth 10 points. You start with 0 points and make your way through the section trying to get to 10!, 100 for the day!
I'm hoping for snow for this because we havent had snow at an event in Robesonia since the very first Spring event back about 15 years ago.
Please let me know if your interested. I know there was quite a bit of chatter about having this event before so Mike and I have spoken and come up with something!
Please reply and let me know your thoughts!
Thanks, Lyle
Back to top Go down
dcarr1971
Custom CDL Installer
dcarr1971

PostSubject: Re: If you CAN'T do Sand & Snow - Robesonia Trials   If you CAN'T do Sand & Snow - Robesonia Trials I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 10:50 am

Hey Dave,

Do you know if this is going to replace the spring trials or is it just in addition to the spring and fall events?

I really wish I could make it, but the 21st is my wife's birthday, so I don't think she'll be down with me dumping the kids on her the weekend before...
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: If you CAN'T do Sand & Snow - Robesonia Trials   If you CAN'T do Sand & Snow - Robesonia Trials I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 11:45 am

its in addition to the spring event.

i have also added Mike to our facebook page so we dont create more of these scheduling conflicts in the future.

https://www.facebook.com/RoverEvents
Back to top Go down
https://nelrc.iftopic.com
DiscoSux
Forum Asshole
DiscoSux

PostSubject: Re: If you CAN'T do Sand & Snow - Robesonia Trials   If you CAN'T do Sand & Snow - Robesonia Trials I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 11:51 pm

dcarr1971 wrote:
Hey Dave,

Do you know if this is going to replace the spring trials or is it just in addition to the spring and fall events?

I really wish I could make it, but the 21st is my wife's birthday, so I don't think she'll be down with me dumping the kids on her the weekend before...

Not replacing at all. The club has been waiting for snow to have a winter event. The snow came so they scheduled the event. Unfortunately the snow is gone but the event is still on.
Back to top Go down
DiscoSux
Forum Asshole
DiscoSux

PostSubject: Re: If you CAN'T do Sand & Snow - Robesonia Trials   If you CAN'T do Sand & Snow - Robesonia Trials I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 11:57 pm

Set up today went great! Jensen drove all but one course. We are running backwards with backwards scoring and numbers backwards (on the left). It will be fun for sure.

Steve and the crew coming from MD. Camping Saturday night with an apartment available - may be all of us in there as the weather is supposed to be cold.

Can't wait...

Back to top Go down
jveen
NELRC Pack Leader
NELRC Pack Leader
jveen

PostSubject: Re: If you CAN'T do Sand & Snow - Robesonia Trials   If you CAN'T do Sand & Snow - Robesonia Trials I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 1:30 am

I'll try to get here with bad brakes and no inspection. Cause that how I roll.
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: If you CAN'T do Sand & Snow - Robesonia Trials   If you CAN'T do Sand & Snow - Robesonia Trials I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 11:32 am

jveen wrote:

i dont think your truck has ever been 100%
Back to top Go down
jveen
NELRC Pack Leader
NELRC Pack Leader
jveen

PostSubject: Re: If you CAN'T do Sand & Snow - Robesonia Trials   If you CAN'T do Sand & Snow - Robesonia Trials I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 2:15 pm

Hilltoppersx wrote:
jveen wrote:

i dont think your truck has ever been 100%

It was 100% for about the 35 mile ride home from were I bought it.
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: If you CAN'T do Sand & Snow - Robesonia Trials   If you CAN'T do Sand & Snow - Robesonia Trials I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 2:16 pm

thats all the seller hoped for
Back to top Go down
jveen
NELRC Pack Leader
NELRC Pack Leader
jveen

PostSubject: Re: If you CAN'T do Sand & Snow - Robesonia Trials   If you CAN'T do Sand & Snow - Robesonia Trials I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 2:19 pm

Like I tell everyone that says my truck is junk. Having a car that is 100% reliable is no fun.
Back to top Go down
DiscoSux
Forum Asshole
DiscoSux

PostSubject: Re: If you CAN'T do Sand & Snow - Robesonia Trials   If you CAN'T do Sand & Snow - Robesonia Trials I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 2:05 pm

jveen wrote:

It was 100% for about the 35 mile ride home from were I bought it.

Mine was 95% until 10 miles into my 200 mile trip home. Then it dropped to just above 50% (it did get home under its own power). This is the reason for my forum handle.

Documented story on the forum here somewhere...
Back to top Go down
DiscoSux
Forum Asshole
DiscoSux

PostSubject: Re: If you CAN'T do Sand & Snow - Robesonia Trials   If you CAN'T do Sand & Snow - Robesonia Trials I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 2:06 pm

jveen wrote:
Like I tell everyone that says my truck is junk. Having a car that is 100% reliable is no fun.

That's why pussies off-road in Toyotas.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If you CAN'T do Sand & Snow - Robesonia Trials   If you CAN'T do Sand & Snow - Robesonia Trials I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

If you CAN'T do Sand & Snow - Robesonia Trials
Page 1 of 1