A Non-Traditional Land Rover Club
 
HomeCalendarGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Trans pan bolt torque

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cris_A
Articulation Expert
avatar

Posts : 300
Join date : 2011-12-09
Age : 44
Location : Oakland ,NJ

PostSubject: Trans pan bolt torque    Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:59 pm

Ok on a D2 cant stop the fuc...ng leak after changing the filter and gasket , whats the proper bolt torque for a 2001 D2 trans oil pan ?? or any other way of stopping the leak?? been putting a quart per week of trans fluid and it sucks doing it on a D2 ...thanks guys
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hilltoppersx
Admin
avatar

Posts : 3182
Join date : 2010-09-28
Location : Westchester, NY

PostSubject: Re: Trans pan bolt torque    Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:18 pm

Cris_A wrote:
Ok on a D2 cant stop the fuc...ng leak after changing the filter and gasket , whats the proper bolt torque for a 2001 D2 trans oil pan ?? or any other way of stopping the leak?? been putting a quart per week of trans fluid and it sucks doing it on a D2 ...thanks guys

did you use any type of sealant when bolting the pan back up?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://nelrc.iftopic.com
Cris_A
Articulation Expert
avatar

Posts : 300
Join date : 2011-12-09
Age : 44
Location : Oakland ,NJ

PostSubject: Re: Trans pan bolt torque    Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:21 pm

Hilltoppersx wrote:
Cris_A wrote:
Ok on a D2 cant stop the fuc...ng leak after changing the filter and gasket , whats the proper bolt torque for a 2001 D2 trans oil pan ?? or any other way of stopping the leak?? been putting a quart per week of trans fluid and it sucks doing it on a D2 ...thanks guys

did you use any type of sealant when bolting the pan back up?
no just the rubber gasket
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hilltoppersx
Admin
avatar

Posts : 3182
Join date : 2010-09-28
Location : Westchester, NY

PostSubject: Re: Trans pan bolt torque    Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:21 am

Cris_A wrote:
Hilltoppersx wrote:
Cris_A wrote:
Ok on a D2 cant stop the fuc...ng leak after changing the filter and gasket , whats the proper bolt torque for a 2001 D2 trans oil pan ?? or any other way of stopping the leak?? been putting a quart per week of trans fluid and it sucks doing it on a D2 ...thanks guys

did you use any type of sealant when bolting the pan back up?
no just the rubber gasket

its either bent or dinged, or wasn't cleaned enough. take it off and use that goof off stuff to remove any leftovers that might be stuck.

the oil sump to gearbox bolts are 6lbf.ft
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://nelrc.iftopic.com
Cris_A
Articulation Expert
avatar

Posts : 300
Join date : 2011-12-09
Age : 44
Location : Oakland ,NJ

PostSubject: Re: Trans pan bolt torque    Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:41 am

Hilltoppersx wrote:
Cris_A wrote:
Hilltoppersx wrote:
Cris_A wrote:
Ok on a D2 cant stop the fuc...ng leak after changing the filter and gasket , whats the proper bolt torque for a 2001 D2 trans oil pan ?? or any other way of stopping the leak?? been putting a quart per week of trans fluid and it sucks doing it on a D2 ...thanks guys

did you use any type of sealant when bolting the pan back up?
no just the rubber gasket

its either bent or dinged, or wasn't cleaned enough. take it off and use that goof off stuff to remove any leftovers that might be stuck.

the oil sump to gearbox bolts are 6lbf.ft
Thanks Ed yeah torquing the bolts even more didnt work still leaking , no choice but to dump all the oil clean it and install again , since I got to used new oil anything good that you guys can recommend for trans fluid ??
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hilltoppersx
Admin
avatar

Posts : 3182
Join date : 2010-09-28
Location : Westchester, NY

PostSubject: Re: Trans pan bolt torque    Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:46 am

Cris_A wrote:
Hilltoppersx wrote:
Cris_A wrote:
Hilltoppersx wrote:
Cris_A wrote:
Ok on a D2 cant stop the fuc...ng leak after changing the filter and gasket , whats the proper bolt torque for a 2001 D2 trans oil pan ?? or any other way of stopping the leak?? been putting a quart per week of trans fluid and it sucks doing it on a D2 ...thanks guys

did you use any type of sealant when bolting the pan back up?
no just the rubber gasket

its either bent or dinged, or wasn't cleaned enough. take it off and use that goof off stuff to remove any leftovers that might be stuck.

the oil sump to gearbox bolts are 6lbf.ft
Thanks Ed yeah torquing the bolts even more didnt work still leaking , no choice but to dump all the oil clean it and install again , since I got to used new oil anything good that you guys can recommend for trans fluid ??

thats like asking what oil... i use mobil,... i know someone else would argue nothing but redline.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://nelrc.iftopic.com
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Trans pan bolt torque    

Back to top Go down
 
Trans pan bolt torque
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» 94 Trans am rims fit 94 caprice classic ls??
» Broken Manifold Bolt - Don't Try This At Home!
» Stealth brake bolt and metering rod..... Mod
» 2004 GTO - $5900 needs trans
» Trans diptstick leak

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Tech Help-
Jump to: