Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Non-Traditional Land Rover Club

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

My low end torque sucks!!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Cris_A
Articulation Expert
Cris_A

My low end torque sucks!! Empty
PostSubject: My low end torque sucks!!   My low end torque sucks!! I_icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 7:46 pm

Hey guys I got the 95 disco with the 3.9L auto , got the truck a month ago and been fixing some starting issues , at the beginning it had a running bad problem got fix with new cap ,rotor ,spark plugs and 8mm cables , idle got fix by cleaning the stepper motor , I ran Lucas complete fuel system in a full tank of super gasoline , but now the only problem that I still notice is low end torque very slow to get up speed ,I loose power on a long up hill (tractor trailers are passing me) and today I tried to got up a pile of dirt not a big deal and it would rev up but it didnt make ....has 76000 miles no check engine codes.
Any ideas ?? Im thinking checking the fuel injectors or maybe the cats are plug ?? but with 76000 miles I dont know
Back to top Go down
forcefed44
3 Amigos Detective
forcefed44

PostSubject: Re: My low end torque sucks!!   My low end torque sucks!! I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 6:08 pm

Cris_A wrote:
Hey guys I got the 95 disco with the 3.9L auto , got the truck a month ago and been fixing some starting issues , at the beginning it had a running bad problem got fix with new cap ,rotor ,spark plugs and 8mm cables , idle got fix by cleaning the stepper motor , I ran Lucas complete fuel system in a full tank of super gasoline , but now the only problem that I still notice is low end torque very slow to get up speed ,I loose power on a long up hill (tractor trailers are passing me) and today I tried to got up a pile of dirt not a big deal and it would rev up but it didnt make ....has 76000 miles no check engine codes.
Any ideas ?? Im thinking checking the fuel injectors or maybe the cats are plug ?? but with 76000 miles I dont know

Did you figure out the timing or what?? Ryan called me and said you needed help..

Chris
Back to top Go down
Cris_A
Articulation Expert
Cris_A

PostSubject: Re: My low end torque sucks!!   My low end torque sucks!! I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 10:03 pm

forcefed44 wrote:
Cris_A wrote:

Did you figure out the timing or what?? Ryan called me and said you needed help..

Chris
I think I got the timing somewhat right got to TDC on #1 to 0 and line up the rotor to fall on number 1 and started up a lot smother I still have a knocking but not as bad to fine tune it I need a light that I dont have and never used before will test drive in the morning
Back to top Go down
Cris_A
Articulation Expert
Cris_A

PostSubject: Re: My low end torque sucks!!   My low end torque sucks!! I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2013 11:07 am

Ohhh man so happy first time I take the truck after fixing and trying to tune it and it runs very nice just pass inspection at DMV with no problems they pop the hood and put a exhaust sniffer on the engine and a tail pipe and is all good ... Special thanks to Ryan (vader) for being on the phone with me numerous times just walking me thru everything
Back to top Go down
forcefed44
3 Amigos Detective
forcefed44

PostSubject: Re: My low end torque sucks!!   My low end torque sucks!! I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2013 5:00 pm

Cris_A wrote:
Ohhh man so happy first time I take the truck after fixing and trying to tune it and it runs very nice just pass inspection at DMV with no problems they pop the hood and put a exhaust sniffer on the engine and a tail pipe and is all good ... Special thanks to Ryan (vader) for being on the phone with me numerous times just walking me thru everything

Glad to hear it is all sorted..

Chris
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My low end torque sucks!!   My low end torque sucks!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My low end torque sucks!!
Page 1 of 1