Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Non-Traditional Land Rover Club

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

stripping ignition pins

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

stripping ignition pins Empty
PostSubject: stripping ignition pins   stripping ignition pins I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2013 4:03 pm

i'll just admit it now. im a retard.

i broke my only key to the range rover in half. i had a blank spare that i never got cut because the idiot at home depot said he couldnt do it and so now I have no key.

First time this has happened to me and I guess my options are limited. Buy a new key from the dealer with the VIN which sounds expensive. Replace the ignition with one from a parts guy that has a key. or strip the pins out of the ignition. I'm leaning towards stripping the pins out of the ignition because I honestly am not holding on to the truck that much longer and most likely ti will end up with a parts guy. has anyone does this? how complicated is it? any other ideas?
Back to top Go down
https://nelrc.iftopic.com
devildog01
Industrial Strength Dickhead
devildog01

PostSubject: Re: stripping ignition pins   stripping ignition pins I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2013 7:52 pm

Dude you live 15 minutes from NYC and you can't find someone to strip your ignition?????
Back to top Go down
Therealassmikeg
Mud Tire Addict

PostSubject: Re: stripping ignition pins   stripping ignition pins I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 03, 2013 10:03 am

or take the tumbler out, bring it to a locksmith and have a new key made
It's quite simple to remove the tumbler remove plastic covers, with a hammer
and small chisel break the sheer bolts loose and remove the lock assy.
Inside the threaded bolt hole in the lock assy closest to the tumbler is a
set screw (small flat blade) loosen the set screw till the tumbler pops out
make sure to look inside the lock, there is a spring behind the tumbler in the lock assy.
once the tumbler is out bring it to a locksmith or take it apart further and remove the pins

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: stripping ignition pins   stripping ignition pins I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

stripping ignition pins
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Truck Talk-
Jump to: