Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Non-Traditional Land Rover Club

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Vermont in May

Go down 
+12
sloanfiske1
Thebloody323
devildog01
80-One
GlobalJet
ajk150
ini88
KingKong8247
Coniston
jveen
Cris_A
Hilltoppersx
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

Vermont in May - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vermont in May   Vermont in May - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 29, 2013 5:52 pm

yes this will be the actual weekend of memorial day. from Thurs morning, to sunday night and monday will be a transport home day for most or you can leave Sunday night for those who need to be home for Monday.
Back to top Go down
https://nelrc.iftopic.com
Cris_A
Articulation Expert
Cris_A

PostSubject: Re: Vermont in May   Vermont in May - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 01, 2013 12:15 pm

Hilltoppersx wrote:
yes this will be the actual weekend of memorial day. from Thurs morning, to sunday night and monday will be a transport home day for most or you can leave Sunday night for those who need to be home for Monday.
So far this works for me , I can care less about being stuck in traffic heading down the shore like every other idiot in the state
Back to top Go down
sloanfiske1
Dirty Diff Fluid Tech
sloanfiske1

PostSubject: Re: Vermont in May   Vermont in May - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 1:51 am

i'm gonna figure out how to be in this year
Back to top Go down
bossman429
Mud Tire Addict

PostSubject: Re: Vermont in May   Vermont in May - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 11:56 pm

Well... someone is going to have to break trail, winch massive trees out of the way, and be the first through beaver ponds...

... i guess me and my yota will have to come
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: Vermont in May   Vermont in May - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 4:55 pm

bossman429 wrote:
Well... someone is going to have to break trail, winch massive trees out of the way, and be the first through beaver ponds...

lol!
Back to top Go down
ajk150
ABS Modulator Fondler
ajk150

PostSubject: Re: Vermont in May   Vermont in May - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 5:07 pm

Well looks like I have at least 2 weeks to get home after classes and up to Vermont. Talking with a buddy who will be up there during then. Is this a strictly LR thing? Or could my friend join in his FJ. It's the same guy who joined us at Wharton the one time a while back (if anyone remembers). But either way put me down as coming, and unless anything changes expect me there… where ever the meeting place ends up being.
Back to top Go down
Cris_A
Articulation Expert
Cris_A

PostSubject: Re: Vermont in May   Vermont in May - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 1:33 am

bossman429 wrote:

The LC has proven it self in Maine ,will be a welcome site , good to have you back Adrian
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: Vermont in May   Vermont in May - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 2:07 pm

everyone remember when the LC rear bumper just fell apart at the gas station?
Back to top Go down
bossman429
Mud Tire Addict

PostSubject: Re: Vermont in May   Vermont in May - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 1:20 am

Cris_A wrote:

bossman429 wrote:

The LC has proven it self in Maine ,will be a welcome site , good to have you back Adrian

Smile i know I'm not the most active on the forum.. but come a good trip I'm deff in! Maine was fun, would love to do this as well!

Hilltoppersx wrote:
everyone remember when the LC rear bumper just fell apart at the gas station?

Really? Thats what your going to hang on to? A retaining pin handle unscrews and your gonna call it " my rear bumper falling apart" my rear bumper has more structural integrity than a brand new LR4 lets be real lol

where exactly was your truck for that trip by the way?

Razz 
Back to top Go down
DanC
Guy Who Knows Shit

PostSubject: Re: Vermont in May   Vermont in May - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 24, 2013 1:46 am

I will be interested in this trip as well. Fortunately it is right in my neighborhood-ish.
I was concerned that it was close to the VOT trip dates of Aug 4-9 but I just looked and they are booked full. I guess I will miss out on that one this year as well.
We should do some of the trails near Bridgewater and go to the Otter creek brewery as well.

Dan
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: Vermont in May   Vermont in May - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 18, 2014 11:58 pm

working on the maps this weekend. I'm going to plan more a very long route and if we get stuck and can't make it as far as we thought we could we can camp for the night. I'm marking all the campsites, stores and gas stations along the route as well.
Back to top Go down
DanC
Guy Who Knows Shit

PostSubject: Re: Vermont in May   Vermont in May - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 19, 2014 2:41 am

I can make some suggestions for trails and class 4 roads if you let me know what area you are looking to be around. Or what roads you have on your route already.
Dan
Back to top Go down
bossman429
Mud Tire Addict

PostSubject: Re: Vermont in May   Vermont in May - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 19, 2014 7:08 pm

So i just realized this is going to be a conflict for me. Im running a track rental at pocono speedway on Friday and no way can that be re-arranged (as of now). if there is any chance this trip takes place on different weekend id be all over it (earlier in may the better as Im going out west the following weekend)

Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: Vermont in May   Vermont in May - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 19, 2014 10:37 pm

DanC wrote:
I can make some suggestions for trails and class 4 roads if you let me know what area you are looking to be around. Or what roads you have on your route already.
Dan

do you use google? I can send you the private link. I'm planning on printing all the town maps so i can finish more of the up north map.
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: Vermont in May   Vermont in May - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 19, 2014 10:38 pm

bossman429 wrote:
So i just realized this is going to be a conflict for me.   Im running a track rental at pocono speedway on Friday and no way can that be re-arranged (as of now).  if there is any chance this trip takes place on different weekend id be all over it (earlier in may the better as Im going out west the following weekend)

we chose this weekend because its a long holiday weekend. We will be having the annual in June so don't miss that!
Back to top Go down
DanC
Guy Who Knows Shit

PostSubject: Re: Vermont in May   Vermont in May - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2014 1:22 am

Google maps or google docs? if you send them to me I will figure out how to view them and recommend some trails. Are you looking in southern or northern Vermont? There are significantly more trails in southern VT.
Hilltoppersx wrote:

DanC wrote:
Dan

do you use google? I can send you the private link. I'm planning on printing all the town maps so i can finish more of the up north map.
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: Vermont in May   Vermont in May - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 4:31 pm

PM me your email Dan. I'll send you what I got.
Back to top Go down
DanC
Guy Who Knows Shit

PostSubject: Re: Vermont in May   Vermont in May - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 1:52 am

Pm sent
I am assuming trails need to be passable by a normal Rover with small lift, 32" tires and maybe a locker here and there.
How large a group? If you know that yet.
I also just had a thought that some of the towns like Bridgewater do not open class 4 roads until June 1st, but the neighboring towns are open earlier. We will have to figure that out depending on where you are planning on going.
Dan
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: Vermont in May   Vermont in May - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 30, 2014 1:27 pm

Vermont stickers are available. 3" square stickers. $3 shipped. make sure paypal shipping address is correct and then paypal me: etatton at gmail dot com 

Vermont in May - Page 2 Vermon10
Back to top Go down
qbenplaya00
Hardcore Lesbian
qbenplaya00

PostSubject: Re: Vermont in May   Vermont in May - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2014 9:45 pm

is this still going on?
Back to top Go down
jarek m
Mud Tire Addict
jarek m

PostSubject: Re: Vermont in May   Vermont in May - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 10:01 pm

Ed, why don't you post some "before and after" pictures of your truck from last time you visited Vermont  Very Happy  You know... for folks that might end up in over their heads.
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: Vermont in May   Vermont in May - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 10:12 am

jarek m wrote:
Ed, why don't you post some "before and after" pictures of your truck from last time you visited Vermont  Very Happy    You know... for folks that might end up in over their heads.

my truck was fucked before it got there. with the electrical issue it was flat bedded to the start line. i think i could have made it out with no other damage if i didnt have to try to keep up with Justin and Randy. they were running the trails like it was the Dakar and had bigger lifts and more armor than i did. I bet a nearly stock truck with decent tires can make it as long as its functioning properly and the driver listens to the navigators.
Back to top Go down
Cris_A
Articulation Expert
Cris_A

PostSubject: Re: Vermont in May   Vermont in May - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2014 1:17 pm

Let's go Mr President , we are 3 weeks away and dont know what we are doing ,post the damn route
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vermont in May   Vermont in May - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vermont in May
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2