Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Non-Traditional Land Rover Club

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Dexcool to Green. Do I Need a New Thermstat/Water Pump?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
CRUm
Mud Tire Addict

Dexcool to Green. Do I Need a New Thermstat/Water Pump?  Empty
PostSubject: Dexcool to Green. Do I Need a New Thermstat/Water Pump?    Dexcool to Green. Do I Need a New Thermstat/Water Pump?  I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 9:21 pm

I have an '04 D2 and am going to switch the Dexcool for the green stuff. Do I need to change the thermostat and/or water pump? Just wondering. Thx for any help.
Back to top Go down
TOM R
NELRC Pack Leader
NELRC Pack Leader
TOM R

PostSubject: Re: Dexcool to Green. Do I Need a New Thermstat/Water Pump?    Dexcool to Green. Do I Need a New Thermstat/Water Pump?  I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 10:27 pm

No just thoroughly flush with a garden hose to include the heater core, I would drain, the disconnect a heater core line and put the hose to both sides of that connection till it comes out clear
Back to top Go down
CRUm
Mud Tire Addict

PostSubject: Re: Dexcool to Green. Do I Need a New Thermstat/Water Pump?    Dexcool to Green. Do I Need a New Thermstat/Water Pump?  I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 10:33 pm

Nice. $30 for a Thermo and $90 for a Pump would have put this repair off for a while, but 3 jugs of prestone green and a hose are fine with my budget. Thx for the quick reply.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dexcool to Green. Do I Need a New Thermstat/Water Pump?    Dexcool to Green. Do I Need a New Thermstat/Water Pump?  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dexcool to Green. Do I Need a New Thermstat/Water Pump?
Page 1 of 1