Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Non-Traditional Land Rover Club

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

WINTER ROMP!

Go down 
+7
sloanfiske1
devildog01
Hilltoppersx
Cris_A
dcarr1971
Long Haul
Greatdivide1
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Greatdivide1
Mud Tire Addict
Greatdivide1

WINTER ROMP! Empty
PostSubject: WINTER ROMP!   WINTER ROMP! I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 27, 2013 12:31 am

So ladies and gents!! WHos going to be making the trip up to winter romp??

What are yall driving?? LOL Im hard to miss as my big girl sticks out like an elephant in a business suit!! Please come up and say hi!!! It would be great to put some faces to the screen names!!

Don 01 DII 5ish inches of lift and 37's and bead locks. Basketball 
Back to top Go down
Long Haul
NELRC Original Gangsta
Long Haul

WINTER ROMP! Empty
PostSubject: Re: WINTER ROMP!   WINTER ROMP! I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 27, 2013 1:12 am

Do they have the dates set?
Back to top Go down
dcarr1971
Custom CDL Installer
dcarr1971

WINTER ROMP! Empty
PostSubject: Re: WINTER ROMP!   WINTER ROMP! I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 27, 2013 12:13 pm

Long Haul wrote:
Do they have the dates set?

Yep.  Feb 14 - 16, 2014.  http://www.winterromp.org/

I'm planning to be there again in my D2.

As I'm going to be moving starting this spring, it's entirely possible that I'll only make it out to Winter Romp, Conclave, and RotR in 2014, so I'll have to make this one count.
Back to top Go down
Cris_A
Articulation Expert
Cris_A

WINTER ROMP! Empty
PostSubject: Re: WINTER ROMP!   WINTER ROMP! I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 27, 2013 7:12 pm

I pretty sure I can make my first winter romp as well leaving from N.Jersey it will be nice to get some rigs for the drive up
Back to top Go down
Long Haul
NELRC Original Gangsta
Long Haul

WINTER ROMP! Empty
PostSubject: Re: WINTER ROMP!   WINTER ROMP! I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 27, 2013 8:40 pm

One of these years I'd love to make it up there. I'll be happy if mines together for ROTR 2014.
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

WINTER ROMP! Empty
PostSubject: Re: WINTER ROMP!   WINTER ROMP! I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 29, 2013 12:12 am

Long Haul wrote:
One of these years I'd love to make it up there. I'll be happy if mines together for ROTR 2014.

you silly bastard I hope I see you in 2014. I don't think I'll be ready for Winter Romp. Not sure yet.
Back to top Go down
https://nelrc.iftopic.com
Greatdivide1
Mud Tire Addict
Greatdivide1

WINTER ROMP! Empty
PostSubject: Re: WINTER ROMP!   WINTER ROMP! I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 29, 2013 1:15 am

Romps deff a great time and worth the trip!! I love going up!
Back to top Go down
devildog01
Industrial Strength Dickhead
devildog01

WINTER ROMP! Empty
PostSubject: Re: WINTER ROMP!   WINTER ROMP! I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 29, 2013 8:48 pm

I would love to go but I'm just not into that whole freeze your nuts off thing.
Back to top Go down
Cris_A
Articulation Expert
Cris_A

WINTER ROMP! Empty
PostSubject: Re: WINTER ROMP!   WINTER ROMP! I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 3:05 am

Hilltoppersx wrote:

Long Haul wrote:

you silly bastard I hope I see you in 2014. I don't think I'll be ready for Winter Romp. Not sure yet.

You can ride shotgun if you want
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

WINTER ROMP! Empty
PostSubject: Re: WINTER ROMP!   WINTER ROMP! I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 10:01 pm

Cris_A wrote:

Hilltoppersx wrote:

Long Haul wrote:

I'll bring the wine!
Back to top Go down
Cris_A
Articulation Expert
Cris_A

WINTER ROMP! Empty
PostSubject: Re: WINTER ROMP!   WINTER ROMP! I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 10:14 pm

Hilltoppersx wrote:

Cris_A wrote:

Hilltoppersx wrote:

Long Haul wrote:

I'll bring the wine!

Fuck the wine bring some bitches!!!
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

WINTER ROMP! Empty
PostSubject: Re: WINTER ROMP!   WINTER ROMP! I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 10:19 pm

I'll bring the NELRC twerk team.

WINTER ROMP! 2j645jr
Back to top Go down
sloanfiske1
Dirty Diff Fluid Tech
sloanfiske1

WINTER ROMP! Empty
PostSubject: Re: WINTER ROMP!   WINTER ROMP! I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 31, 2013 3:03 pm

I'll be there in the RRC LWB. as always.
Back to top Go down
samnt650
Guy Who Knows Shit
samnt650

WINTER ROMP! Empty
PostSubject: Re: WINTER ROMP!   WINTER ROMP! I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2014 1:14 pm

I plan to attend, however it is all depending on my job and family...
Back to top Go down
dcarr1971
Custom CDL Installer
dcarr1971

WINTER ROMP! Empty
PostSubject: Re: WINTER ROMP!   WINTER ROMP! I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2014 1:37 pm

Now I'm just waiting for me Ashcroft ATB's and 4.12 HD gears from Justin. As soon as I can put them in I should be ready to roll.

samnt650 wrote:
I plan to attend, however it is all depending on my job and family...

Hope to see you up there Sam. I went up in 2012 and it's a terrific trip.
Back to top Go down
dcarr1971
Custom CDL Installer
dcarr1971

WINTER ROMP! Empty
PostSubject: Re: WINTER ROMP!   WINTER ROMP! I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 5:28 pm

FYI...Bruce is having issues with the Winter Romp website.  Use: http://www.winterromp.net  
Back to top Go down
samnt650
Guy Who Knows Shit
samnt650

WINTER ROMP! Empty
PostSubject: Re: WINTER ROMP!   WINTER ROMP! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2014 1:54 am

Do I really need tire chain for this event? if so, is there a type of tire chain someone can recommend?
Back to top Go down
airbornrover
ABS Modulator Fondler

WINTER ROMP! Empty
PostSubject: Re: WINTER ROMP!   WINTER ROMP! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2014 11:35 am

No you dont need them, lots of people run mud tires. It does get slippery in spots especially if a lot of trucks have gone through already. Most important is a working heater and recovery kit and warm clothes, some kind of comms, and a fortified liver.
Back to top Go down
samnt650
Guy Who Knows Shit
samnt650

WINTER ROMP! Empty
PostSubject: Re: WINTER ROMP!   WINTER ROMP! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2014 11:44 am

I only have AT tires. There arent much tire choice for the D3.
Back to top Go down
airbornrover
ABS Modulator Fondler

WINTER ROMP! Empty
PostSubject: Re: WINTER ROMP!   WINTER ROMP! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2014 4:29 pm

Fair enough. Id say drive up park your truck at the main area (make sure not to leave it there over night) and jump into someone elses truck in a group going into the woods and see for yourself. If you havent seen any of the youtube vids of winter romp I would suggest doing so.
Back to top Go down
dcarr1971
Custom CDL Installer
dcarr1971

WINTER ROMP! Empty
PostSubject: Re: WINTER ROMP!   WINTER ROMP! I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 11:50 am

Sam,
A lot will depend on what the weather is like. I went to Romp in 2012 and you would have been totally fine with AT's that year. There were D4's there with street tires going everywhere that year. I've heard total horror stories about other years though.

I've not seen anything up there that compares to Rausch Creek. My guess is that you'd be fine with the AT's (as long you stay on the trails) though, and we'll make sure someone is there to give you a hand if things get hairy.

I'm planning to leave Pittsburgh on the evening of 2/12 to head up there...
Back to top Go down
sloanfiske1
Dirty Diff Fluid Tech
sloanfiske1

WINTER ROMP! Empty
PostSubject: Re: WINTER ROMP!   WINTER ROMP! I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 12:09 pm

i did it on AT's my first year. in a classic.

i think you'd probably be fine in the LR3 with AT's, but just depends on conditions.

i have a feeling this year conditions are going to be a lot worse than last year or the year before.
Back to top Go down
samnt650
Guy Who Knows Shit
samnt650

WINTER ROMP! Empty
PostSubject: Re: WINTER ROMP!   WINTER ROMP! I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 9:51 pm

How does this event work? 1) will there be group driving up from NY/NJ area? 2) what time in AM do people take off driving? 3) how does group get divided at Bruce site? 4) Is it BYOL? 5) nite off road opportunity? 6) dinner?

Yes i have lots of questions. THanks
Back to top Go down
airbornrover
ABS Modulator Fondler

WINTER ROMP! Empty
PostSubject: Re: WINTER ROMP!   WINTER ROMP! I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 10:26 pm

Go to [url=winterromp.org]winterromp.org[/url] or .net or .com. He was having problems with the site but he is covered, lol. That will tell you what you need to know. Theres a registration form on the site that you need to fill out and or put a shout out on the winterromp forum. Thats just to give him an idea of how many are coming. You can bring your own booze or buy from one of the many stores that sell (grocery stores up there sell from beer to liquor). Just find a group on this forum or one of the other rover forums with a winter romp thread started already to see who you can hook up with to convoy up with. Groups get divided up by who wants to go where and what you have on your rig and ability. Literally just ask who is going where, etc and off you go. There is semi formalized dinner which consists of a room set aside at the mexican place where the rover people can be rover people. Big G(?) is where its at for breakfast and lunch, the portions are HUGE. Thats everything off the top of my head.

samnt650 wrote:
How does this event work?  1) will there be group driving up from NY/NJ area?  2) what time in AM do people take off driving?  3) how does group get divided at Bruce site?  4) Is it BYOL?  5) nite off road opportunity?  6) dinner?

Yes i have lots of questions.  THanks
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

WINTER ROMP! Empty
PostSubject: Re: WINTER ROMP!   WINTER ROMP! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 12:05 am

Sam, I'm heading up with Cris late morning - mid-day Friday coming back at some point Sunday. Not sure if you want to convoy with us. we are doing the whole thing, mexican friday dinner, and Big G's saturday and sunday. we already booked our hotel room for Fri and Sat nights. Not sure if we are night wheeling friday night or not. but they do go out after mexican buffet to hit the trails.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

WINTER ROMP! Empty
PostSubject: Re: WINTER ROMP!   WINTER ROMP! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WINTER ROMP!
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next