Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Non-Traditional Land Rover Club

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Tires

Go down 
+7
dschramm
devitor
Hilltoppersx
airbornrover
DiscoSux
Long Haul
Jake
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Long Haul
NELRC Original Gangsta
Long Haul

Tires            - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tires    Tires            - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 7:47 am

Hilltoppersx wrote:
Long Haul wrote:
I'm starting to think twice about my Mickey Thompsons after that last RC trip I'm starting to loose some chunks out of the lugs, not sure if thats due to not airing down or not??? Thankfully I have Dynabeads or theyd be way out of balance. Hopefully I'll have 35"s by spring just gotta decide what kind yet.

you don't have any rubbing on the fender wells do you? i lost a few chunks out of my front lugs when the tires were rubbing my bumper before i trimmed it.

I havent found anywhere its rubbing. I could see if it was front or rear but its all 4. Some is missing out of the middle treads some on the outsides its all random.
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: Tires    Tires            - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 10:21 am

Long Haul wrote:
Hilltoppersx wrote:
Long Haul wrote:
I'm starting to think twice about my Mickey Thompsons after that last RC trip I'm starting to loose some chunks out of the lugs, not sure if thats due to not airing down or not??? Thankfully I have Dynabeads or theyd be way out of balance. Hopefully I'll have 35"s by spring just gotta decide what kind yet.

you don't have any rubbing on the fender wells do you? i lost a few chunks out of my front lugs when the tires were rubbing my bumper before i trimmed it.

I havent found anywhere its rubbing. I could see if it was front or rear but its all 4. Some is missing out of the middle treads some on the outsides its all random.

Could have something to do with how long they sit without being used? Who knows!
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: Tires    Tires            - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 10:38 am

true,
they might just be falling off from boredom
Back to top Go down
https://nelrc.iftopic.com
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: Tires    Tires            - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 10:48 am

Hilltoppersx wrote:
true,
they might just be falling off from boredom

Or they see what you're trying to make them drive over/through and abandon ship
Back to top Go down
Long Haul
NELRC Original Gangsta
Long Haul

PostSubject: Re: Tires    Tires            - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 12:12 pm

After looking around online it looks like a few other people are having the same issue with that tire so its not just me. So I guess its either Super Swamper TSL's or PitBull Rockers.
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: Tires    Tires            - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 6:38 pm

WELL!!! Looks like I am going to buy new tires!

two of my tires have been leaking. Took them to get checked out and the guy said it is because the rubber is gone off the bead. I could seal it with silicone but it's not worth it to me at this point. SO I think I am going to go 255/85/16 KM2's

Even though they are 33's they are 2lbs lighter than the Treadwright guard dogs.

Any we all know I like skinny tires!

Last edited by Jake on Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
dschramm
3 Amigos Detective
dschramm

PostSubject: Re: Tires    Tires            - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 7:31 am

i was hoping swamper would have their pizza cutters up and going,but still no 34/9.5/16
so i feel I'm going to have to go with the 255/85/16 km2 as well......i like the swampers for the pines.they seem to be the best.
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: Tires    Tires            - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 10:50 am

dschramm wrote:
i was hoping swamper would have their pizza cutters up and going,but still no 34/9.5/16
so i feel I'm going to have to go with the 255/85/16 km2 as well......i like the swampers for the pines.they seem to be the best.

this company advertises 34/9 16's? http://4wheelonline.com/Super_Swamper_Narrow_SS_Tires.105207.313516

I will let you know what I think of the KM2's when I get them.
Back to top Go down
durt d1ver
NELRC Original Gangsta
durt d1ver

PostSubject: Re: Tires    Tires            - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 12:45 pm

Where did you guy them from? I know justin was selling them for about 180shipped each
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: Tires    Tires            - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 12:47 pm

durt d1ver wrote:
Where did you guy them from? I know justin was selling them for about 180shipped each

Yea I found that out afterwards. I had no idea he sold tires. I got them from discount tires direct - the nice part is the free shipping I paid $217 each
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: Tires    Tires            - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 1:05 pm

scratch that they are sending me 235/85's at 208 a piece with a $50 rebate
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: Tires    Tires            - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 1:17 pm

so $782 for 4 tires? did that include tax and shipping?
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: Tires    Tires            - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 1:22 pm

Hilltoppersx wrote:
so $782 for 4 tires? did that include tax and shipping?

Free shipping said he'd ship today they would be here Monday. The car tires took 2 days to get here. They have a warehouse in ohio
Back to top Go down
dschramm
3 Amigos Detective
dschramm

PostSubject: Re: Tires    Tires            - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 6:18 pm

Jake wrote:
dschramm wrote:

this company advertises 34/9 16's? http://4wheelonline.com/Super_Swamper_Narrow_SS_Tires.105207.313516

I will let you know what I think of the KM2's when I get them.

Clicked on ur link,clicked the arrow and nothing comes up....still no skinny tires....
will have to give interco a call on Monday and ask questions
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: Tires    Tires            - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 12:02 am

Give em" hell!
Back to top Go down
DiscoSux
Forum Asshole
DiscoSux

PostSubject: Re: Tires    Tires            - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 2:16 am

Hilltoppersx wrote:

but im not dumping that kinda money into this truck. i rather save for a defender or series 3

Why not a Disco? I got mine 'cause it was cheap. But, I have learned much since my purchase and think the Disco is the best truck to wheel. Consider reality...
The Disco is the same truck as the D90, just a few inches longer (well the D1 anyway). The D90 is crammed inside and does not offer any advantage over the D1.
The Series is also a decent truck but there is nothing like riding the trails in AC when it gets sticky. The updated interior is also nice.
I laugh (inside) at all the folks in their expensive Rovers when they do not get any more out of wheeling than I do.
Is the D90 way cool? Sure. But, its for poseurs. The Series is too old school for comfortable wheeling.
Think practically. The D1 is the bomb. Very capable, tons of stuff available for it and...it has AC.
I don't agree with Randy on a lot of things but he did clue me into the advantages of the Disco and I am sold.
Bang up a $2k truck, not an expensive truck. Sell that D2 turd and get a D1 and wheel the shit out of it.
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: Tires    Tires            - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 2:55 am

simple I want a rig with a tdi already in it. yes the d1.s are great trucks! I had owned two before my first d2.
Back to top Go down
dschramm
3 Amigos Detective
dschramm

PostSubject: Re: Tires    Tires            - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 10:02 am

For winter wheeling,momma likes the heated seats.............i like the D90 but it's like a jeep,to small for us big boys..i would love to own one,but i would not be happy with the cramped conditions......unlee it was a ragtop....
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: Tires    Tires            - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 12:25 pm

DiscoSux wrote:
Hilltoppersx wrote:

but im not dumping that kinda money into this truck. i rather save for a defender or series 3

Why not a Disco? I got mine 'cause it was cheap. But, I have learned much since my purchase and think the Disco is the best truck to wheel. Consider reality...
The Disco is the same truck as the D90, just a few inches longer (well the D1 anyway). The D90 is crammed inside and does not offer any advantage over the D1.
The Series is also a decent truck but there is nothing like riding the trails in AC when it gets sticky. The updated interior is also nice.
I laugh (inside) at all the folks in their expensive Rovers when they do not get any more out of wheeling than I do.
Is the D90 way cool? Sure. But, its for poseurs. The Series is too old school for comfortable wheeling.
Think practically. The D1 is the bomb. Very capable, tons of stuff available for it and...it has AC.
I don't agree with Randy on a lot of things but he did clue me into the advantages of the Disco and I am sold.
Bang up a $2k truck, not an expensive truck. Sell that D2 turd and get a D1 and wheel the shit out of it.

For once I agree with Dave. Althought I do like the look of the RRC's better than the D1's
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: Tires    Tires            - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 12:32 pm

lol glad u guys agree your trucks are the best model in land rover history.
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: Tires    Tires            - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 12:47 pm

Hilltoppersx wrote:

I guess I would say that a D1 is the best truck for me at this time. Maybe eventually I will end up with a D90 or an RRC but I am extremely happy with my truck. Now that it's nearly "finished" I cant see getting a new truck.
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: Tires    Tires            - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 5:02 pm

Jake wrote:
Hilltoppersx wrote:

I guess I would say that a D1 is the best truck for me at this time. Maybe eventually I will end up with a D90 or an RRC but I am extremely happy with my truck. Now that it's nearly "finished" I cant see getting a new truck.

i hear ya. i like the excitement of getting a new truck. i love my D2 and there are only a few things i want to do to it before I consider it "finished" But i look forward to adding another vehicle to my fleet and the next one I really want is a defender or series 3 with a tdi in it.
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: Tires    Tires            - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 10:17 pm

Hilltoppersx wrote:
Jake wrote:
Hilltoppersx wrote:

i hear ya. i like the excitement of getting a new truck. i love my D2 and there are only a few things i want to do to it before I consider it "finished" But i look forward to adding another vehicle to my fleet and the next one I really want is a defender or series 3 with a tdi in it.

I like the excitement of finding a new truck. I like working on the truck. I would only get another if it was going to be a daily driver TDI OR something nuts like a FC 101
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: Tires    Tires            - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 10:35 am

Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: Tires    Tires            - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 11:11 am

yeah something like that. just not as orange, and without the ugly bed and hitch on it...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tires    Tires            - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tires
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next