Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Non-Traditional Land Rover Club

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Locker LSD Placement?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ajk150
ABS Modulator Fondler
ajk150

Locker LSD Placement? Empty
PostSubject: Locker LSD Placement?   Locker LSD Placement? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2015 2:39 pm

Hey all, so with my front spyder gear grinding away and in need of replacement soon I have started looking at options. Obviously a stock replacement is to easy and out of the question.

Originally I wanted to upgrade the gear ratio to a 4.11, but that requires both axles be redone and so I eventually settled on the tried and true truetrac/detroit locker combo.

However I've been toying with some other options, but I'm unsure of the onroad performance, so opinions on this would be helpful.

If I put a locker in the back and a LSD in the front (truetrac or ashcroft), would that affect the steering on the road or have any negative affects being its a LSD in the front and open in the back?

Is this an option, or should I just stick with tried and true or a locker in the back and keeping the front open. I know whats easier, but would the other work?
Back to top Go down
jakeb44
Guy Who Knows Shit
jakeb44

PostSubject: Re: Locker LSD Placement?   Locker LSD Placement? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2015 4:47 pm

Once I have my ARBs in, I'll have a complete front axle assembly with a KAM electric locker if you're interested.
Back to top Go down
Dano G.
Mud Tire Addict
Dano G.

PostSubject: Re: Locker LSD Placement?   Locker LSD Placement? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2015 6:57 pm

I have the Ashcroft asd in the front on my truck and you don't even notice it on the road
Back to top Go down
ajk150
ABS Modulator Fondler
ajk150

PostSubject: Re: Locker LSD Placement?   Locker LSD Placement? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2015 2:47 pm

jakeb44 wrote:
Once I have my ARBs in, I'll have a complete front axle assembly with a KAM electric locker if you're interested.
I might be in the future, but don't want to deal with the shipping pains of getting that out to CO any time soon.

Dano G. wrote:
I have the Ashcroft asd in the front on my truck and you don't even notice it on the road

Yea, thats what I was thinking about putting in the front as well. And potentially an Ashcroft in the back to compliment it. I'm just afraid with it being the only active diff under normal driving conditions, that there could be adverse steering affects.
Do you have anything in the rear?
Back to top Go down
Dano G.
Mud Tire Addict
Dano G.

PostSubject: Re: Locker LSD Placement?   Locker LSD Placement? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2015 11:53 pm

I have a maxi drive vacume locker in the rear, drives like a stock truck except it's lifted and no sway bars and feels like a marshmallow ...
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: Locker LSD Placement?   Locker LSD Placement? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2015 12:40 pm

looks like a marshmallow as well.
Back to top Go down
https://nelrc.iftopic.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Locker LSD Placement?   Locker LSD Placement? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Locker LSD Placement?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Truck Talk-
Jump to: