Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Non-Traditional Land Rover Club

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

getting a new winch

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

getting a new winch Empty
PostSubject: getting a new winch   getting a new winch I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2015 1:17 pm

So i'm going to get a new winch. The Warn m8000 i have has taken a real beating over the years and it's rusted, the soldered connector is ready to fall apart again, and the motor could do with a deep deep clean... so i am getting rid of it and want to get something new. I'm thinking of the Smittybilt (97510) X2O Waterproof Winch - 10000lb , it comes with a steel cable, but i have a synth line i can use instead.

thoughts? comments? idiot for not sticking with warn?
Back to top Go down
https://nelrc.iftopic.com
jakeb44
Guy Who Knows Shit
jakeb44

PostSubject: Re: getting a new winch   getting a new winch I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2015 10:55 pm

My friend was going to buy a SmittyBilt but after it was backordered and then stuck at the port, I convinced him to buy a Superwinch. The EPi9 'waterproof' (integrated solenoid) Superwinch on the front of my truck has been great, and has worked in negative temperatures when the solenoids on Warn's were frozen. There hasn't been a time when either of them (one on the Toyota) haven't worked. Superwinch is the best winch IMO. Just my 2ยข though. I would look on Amazon, they have great deals on Superwinches.
Back to top Go down
DanC
Guy Who Knows Shit

PostSubject: Re: getting a new winch   getting a new winch I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2015 1:26 am

I got a brand new Smittybilt XRC9500 with synthetic rope from Amazon for 440$.
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: getting a new winch   getting a new winch I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2015 3:12 pm

thanks for the feedback. looks like the superwinch EPi9 has been replaced with the Talon series. Guess it comes down to spending power. $500 smittybilt vs the $1,100 Superwinch
Back to top Go down
jakeb44
Guy Who Knows Shit
jakeb44

PostSubject: Re: getting a new winch   getting a new winch I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2015 5:25 pm

Back to top Go down
TOM R
NELRC Pack Leader
NELRC Pack Leader
TOM R

PostSubject: Re: getting a new winch   getting a new winch I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2015 10:32 pm

I like my 12 k harbor freight winch it works fine and was under $300, second one I have bought

first one is like 10+ years old and works great

I did add a syn rope since last years annual
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: getting a new winch   getting a new winch I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2015 4:44 pm

went with the Smittybilt 98495 XRC with synth line 9,500 lb for $449
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: getting a new winch   getting a new winch I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

getting a new winch
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Truck Talk-
Jump to: