Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Non-Traditional Land Rover Club

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

anyone trunnion nut?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

anyone trunnion nut? Empty
PostSubject: anyone trunnion nut?   anyone trunnion nut? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 12:00 pm

can't get the damn broken piece of shift cable out of the trunnion nut. anyone know how this damn nut works? i thought the nut would hold tension on the cable by pulling it against the bar but i busted the nut loose and the cable wouldn't budge. now i busted the other end of the cable and there is a piece of cable jammed in the trunnion nut. im not sure if that other nut is suppose to come loose, i hit it with PB and then tried my damndest to get it loose. any ideas?

anyone trunnion nut? 2011-09-05%25252010.44.59
Back to top Go down
https://nelrc.iftopic.com
Long Haul
NELRC Original Gangsta
Long Haul

PostSubject: Re: anyone trunnion nut?   anyone trunnion nut? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 7:14 pm

A BFH fixes everything.
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: anyone trunnion nut?   anyone trunnion nut? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 10:54 am

getting a new bracket and nut from the dealer tomorrow. should have everything back together and running by the end of the week. there are some things that i just want to get brand new and considering the amount of rust accumalated in that nut it's not worth it to try and get another used one. at least a new one I know will last me as long as this one did 12 years and will make it a heck of a lot easier to adjust the cable.
Back to top Go down
https://nelrc.iftopic.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: anyone trunnion nut?   anyone trunnion nut? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

anyone trunnion nut?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Truck Talk-
Jump to: