Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Non-Traditional Land Rover Club

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

4.11:1 GBR Gears ... input?

Go down 
+2
Jake
apatrizzi
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Long Haul
NELRC Original Gangsta
Long Haul

4.11:1 GBR Gears ... input? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4.11:1 GBR Gears ... input?   4.11:1 GBR Gears ... input? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 12:21 pm

Jake wrote:
apatrizzi wrote:
Jake wrote:
apatrizzi wrote:
Long Haul wrote:
apatrizzi wrote:
looks like the 3.90's are the "ideal" combo for my tire size to match RPM. But something tells me i want 4.11s with reverse cut front because it is actually cheaper and will give a little more grunt.

I dont blame ya for wanting 4:11 over the 3:90 since its not a highway truck. I'm actualy debating on 4:56 or even lower if I ever swap gears in mine again, but they wont be rover axles when I do that afro

what are your rpms like at 65ish with your 4.37's and 33s? reports over on landroversonly are about 22-2400rpm with 4.11 and 265s but some of the guys over there are sketchy...

I didnt know that guys on landroversonly ran 4:11's? lol

discomike runs 4.14s or something. he was such a total dick when i described my front end probem over there. he may or may not know his shit, but being such a jaggoff about things like they're the end of the world is really offputing.

i have yet to really need low range more than twice, but 30mph seems pretty fast for "low" am i wrong? im a newbie to the rover game, and to serious off roading beyond giant mud pits really. so i'm all ears.

Discomike is a douche bag. He has a lot of opinion and has been around rovers for a while but he was a service manager not a tech. I get annoyed when he posts reply's on my stuff asking why I am doing this or that I need this to do that like he thinks he knows all the "secrets". This is why I mostly hang out on Dweb and here unless I am looking for parts.

Jake PM me your number and we'll talk about your options scratch
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: 4.11:1 GBR Gears ... input?   4.11:1 GBR Gears ... input? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 1:21 pm

Long Haul wrote:
Jake wrote:
Long Haul wrote:
apatrizzi wrote:
looks like the 3.90's are the "ideal" combo for my tire size to match RPM. But something tells me i want 4.11s with reverse cut front because it is actually cheaper and will give a little more grunt.

I dont blame ya for wanting 4:11 over the 3:90 since its not a highway truck. I'm actualy debating on 4:56 or even lower if I ever swap gears in mine again, but they wont be rover axles when I do that afro

Toyota time??? If you're gonna spend the $$ might as well start shopping for portals

Spider9 nuff said

You sure?

http://www.ashcroft-transmissions.co.uk/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=336
Back to top Go down
Turf
NELRC Master
Turf

PostSubject: Re: 4.11:1 GBR Gears ... input?   4.11:1 GBR Gears ... input? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 1:25 pm

those ashcrofts have been a "concept" for like....3 years, i know r&d takes a long time but i feel like these have been taking extra long. I mean i'm DYING to spend 7300 pounds on a front axel kit
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: 4.11:1 GBR Gears ... input?   4.11:1 GBR Gears ... input? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 1:30 pm

Turf wrote:
those ashcrofts have been a "concept" for like....3 years, i know r&d takes a long time but i feel like these have been taking extra long. I mean i'm DYING to spend 7300 pounds on a front axel kit

It's only $11725 plus shipping right now
Back to top Go down
Long Haul
NELRC Original Gangsta
Long Haul

PostSubject: Re: 4.11:1 GBR Gears ... input?   4.11:1 GBR Gears ... input? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 1:30 pm

I looked into that ashcroft setup before. Its cool but the price would kill me. A full setup spider 9 front and rear would be just a little more then 1/2 the price depending on the lockers. Plus with the spider I can get whatever bolt pattern wheel I want.
Back to top Go down
apatrizzi
Brake Light Switch Repairman
apatrizzi

PostSubject: Re: 4.11:1 GBR Gears ... input?   4.11:1 GBR Gears ... input? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 5:38 pm

just looked into what it would REALLY cost to do gears by the time I do all the bearings etc.. i think i'll leave it stock.
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: 4.11:1 GBR Gears ... input?   4.11:1 GBR Gears ... input? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 6:12 pm

apatrizzi wrote:
just looked into what it would REALLY cost to do gears by the time I do all the bearings etc.. i think i'll leave it stock.

bahahha.. mine dogs as well.. im runnin 265/75/16. i don't care anymore. im in no hurry. i don't press it either, im too cheap to burn all that premium fuel.
Back to top Go down
https://nelrc.iftopic.com
apatrizzi
apatrizzi

PostSubject: Re: 4.11:1 GBR Gears ... input?   4.11:1 GBR Gears ... input? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 6:40 pm

Hilltoppersx wrote:
apatrizzi wrote:

bahahha.. mine dogs as well.. im runnin 265/75/16. i don't care anymore. im in no hurry. i don't press it either, im too cheap to burn all that premium fuel.

seriously. i feel bad for people behind me at stop lights. im in NO HURRY to get that big hoss rolling.
Back to top Go down
jveen
NELRC Pack Leader
NELRC Pack Leader
jveen

PostSubject: Re: 4.11:1 GBR Gears ... input?   4.11:1 GBR Gears ... input? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 6:44 pm

Quote :
Hilltoppersx wrote:
apatrizzi wrote:

seriously. i feel bad for people behind me at stop lights. im in NO HURRY to get that big hoss rolling.

Feel bad for what they get to see the best 4x4xfar.
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

PostSubject: Re: 4.11:1 GBR Gears ... input?   4.11:1 GBR Gears ... input? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 6:56 pm

apatrizzi wrote:

This is the tricky part with gears, lockers etc. You might as well replace bearings and what not. I should have done gears when I did my lockers but one of them was already set up in the third and it was an extra $600 for gears. I plan on gears and bigger tires next year or two. I have 235's a boucey set of springs and shocks and a little 4.0.. I take my sweet ass time.
Back to top Go down
apatrizzi
apatrizzi

PostSubject: Re: 4.11:1 GBR Gears ... input?   4.11:1 GBR Gears ... input? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 9:27 pm

yeah. it would have been nice to have the extra giddyup around town, but if i ever need real gear reduction off road i have this cool thing called 4lo. The rest of the time i'll just take it easy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 4.11:1 GBR Gears ... input?   4.11:1 GBR Gears ... input? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

4.11:1 GBR Gears ... input?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Truck Talk-
Jump to: