Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Non-Traditional Land Rover Club

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Stupid co-worker= free

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
LockenDIFF
The Man with the Tan
LockenDIFF

Stupid co-worker= free Empty
PostSubject: Stupid co-worker= free   Stupid co-worker= free I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 12:16 am

So one of my awesome co-workers thought it would be a good idea to get himself stuck in a muddy hole door deep looking for firewood?

One of my other co-workers tried to pull him out and also got stuck so they called me to assist. I wasn't really happy being I was busy with family doing the xmas tree stuff but I need these guys at work tomorrow so I have someone to boss around Smile So I pulled the chevy pickup out no problem then moved down to pull the original guy out.

Ford Explorer stuck up to the doors in a muddy hole with a broken 4wd system. I don't have any type of recovery equipment but these guys had a 10ft chain which wasn't long enough to keep me out of the mud so i also got stuck, but of course the awesome Landie finally pulled itself out which then i told him either hes staying stuck or get a longer chain or strap and I'd give it one more try to recover him. So to make a long story some what shorter were all home and I got free recovery gear that he had to buy at the auto store for recovering him. I figure a couple more times recovery my co workers I'll have a full bag of recovery gear here soon.

Just thought i'd share
Back to top Go down
jveen
NELRC Pack Leader
NELRC Pack Leader
jveen

PostSubject: Re: Stupid co-worker= free   Stupid co-worker= free I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 12:37 am

Thats great you got them out, you got free gear, and you have a great ball busting story for work on Monday.
Some of my co workers trucks will never see any dirt. They buy them to look good driving in the snow and they can't do that cause of me.
Back to top Go down
LockenDIFF
The Man with the Tan
LockenDIFF

PostSubject: Re: Stupid co-worker= free   Stupid co-worker= free I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 1:04 am

Heck yeah! I actually had fun and wasn't to mad once I got there and saw both trucks stuck lol. It was just a plus that he gave me the tow strap he had to buy for taking time out to recover them. Oh and he gave the other guy gas money.

Morale of this story, pay for firewood, don't take your busted ass Ford off roading looking for some, it would save you tons of money and you don't even have to switch to Geico. Laughing

Wood at the royal farms store = $6 bucks a bag

Tow straps and gas money = $75 bucks +
Back to top Go down
LockenDIFF
The Man with the Tan
LockenDIFF

PostSubject: Re: Stupid co-worker= free   Stupid co-worker= free I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 1:16 am

FYI those hd rubber car floor mats is what got me un-stuck. He had one and put it under my front tire, tire grabbed and the truck backed right out, I'm adding them to my recovery gear list lolol.
Back to top Go down
dschramm
3 Amigos Detective
dschramm

PostSubject: Re: Stupid co-worker= free   Stupid co-worker= free I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 9:22 am

sweet story,glad all is well.
now to get some good recovery gear and keep it handy.....
and yes i agree,there will be some good ball busting in work.
Back to top Go down
jveen
NELRC Pack Leader
NELRC Pack Leader
jveen

PostSubject: Re: Stupid co-worker= free   Stupid co-worker= free I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 2:58 pm

Ha my truck came with them glad to hear they can be repurposed
Back to top Go down
DiscoSux
Forum Asshole
DiscoSux

PostSubject: Re: Stupid co-worker= free   Stupid co-worker= free I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 12:11 am

Buy a 9 meter Ironman snatch strap for cheap and start collecting!

Good going, mate. Now let's see if you can pull me ass out of Frog Pond like Brian. Very Happy

Ford Explorer? You should have doused it with gas and lit it on fire.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stupid co-worker= free   Stupid co-worker= free I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stupid co-worker= free
Page 1 of 1