Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Non-Traditional Land Rover Club

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Tire G@# D$%

Go down 
+2
Jake
LockenDIFF
6 posters
AuthorMessage
LockenDIFF
The Man with the Tan
LockenDIFF

Tire G@# D$% Empty
PostSubject: Tire G@# D$%   Tire G@# D$% I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 24, 2011 11:05 pm

So I can't pick a damn tire size and I need advice. I was going to go 235/85 but want treadwrights and as most know they are out of stock now and Im not sure when they will come back so...

245/75?
265/75?
or?

I'll be running a 2" Terrafirma HD, I don't mind to trim the fenders some so thats not the problem but which size would you go with in my shoes, keep in mind as of now I daily drive the Disco If that matters?
Back to top Go down
Jake
NELRC Forum Addict
NELRC Forum Addict
Jake

Tire G@# D$% Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tire G@# D$%   Tire G@# D$% I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 25, 2011 12:03 am

LockenDIFF wrote:
So I can't pick a damn tire size and I need advice. I was going to go 235/85 but want treadwrights and as most know they are out of stock now and Im not sure when they will come back so...

245/75?
265/75?
or?

I'll be running a 2" Terrafirma HD, I don't mind to trim the fenders some so thats not the problem but which size would you go with in my shoes, keep in mind as of now I daily drive the Disco If that matters?

265/75
Back to top Go down
apatrizzi
Brake Light Switch Repairman
apatrizzi

Tire G@# D$% Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tire G@# D$%   Tire G@# D$% I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 25, 2011 1:43 pm

265-75
Back to top Go down
Cris_A
Articulation Expert
Cris_A

Tire G@# D$% Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tire G@# D$%   Tire G@# D$% I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 25, 2011 2:47 pm

265's if you dont mind trimming ,dont know if they will rub under flex , in my case I do mind trimming so 245's is my choice .
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

Tire G@# D$% Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tire G@# D$%   Tire G@# D$% I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 25, 2011 11:31 pm

i have 265/75 with 2" TF HD lift no trimming needed. did have to remove my front sway bars to get full articulation and stop the rubbing at full steer lock.
Back to top Go down
https://nelrc.iftopic.com
Cris_A
Articulation Expert
Cris_A

Tire G@# D$% Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tire G@# D$%   Tire G@# D$% I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 25, 2011 11:32 pm

Hilltoppersx wrote:
i have 265/75 with 2" TF HD lift no trimming needed. did have to remove my front sway bars to get full articulation and stop the rubbing at full steer lock.

How bad is body roll without that sway bar??
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

Tire G@# D$% Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tire G@# D$%   Tire G@# D$% I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 25, 2011 11:40 pm

The hd kit takes care of most situations. I have only experienced problems twice. Once at 80mph slamming the brakes it got a little squirly. Another time at 75 coming down a mountain pass I nodded off drifted into oncoming traffic made a hard turn to avoids a head on and ended up over correcting and had alittle fish tail. Not to scare u away. Just dont try driving your truck like me like s sports car... Or buy disconnects
Back to top Go down
https://nelrc.iftopic.com
DiscoSux
Forum Asshole
DiscoSux

Tire G@# D$% Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tire G@# D$%   Tire G@# D$% I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2011 1:38 am

Pizza Cutters

I love my Disco on 235/85's. TreadWright will get them back in stock within a few weeks. I bought my KM2's a day before they were available again. Sign up for the alert.

I like the tall-skinnies on the Landy. They just look right and... Trevor recommended them. I do not listen to forum dibble when Randy (with a dash of salt) and Trevor are within spitting distance of me. I trust both of them more than random assholes. Stay away from D-web. NELRC recommendations are valid for the most part.
Back to top Go down
DiscoSux
Forum Asshole
DiscoSux

Tire G@# D$% Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tire G@# D$%   Tire G@# D$% I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2011 1:40 am

Cris_A wrote:
Hilltoppersx wrote:

How bad is body roll without that sway bar??

It gets interesting sometimes. If you drive with the knowledge that you don't have them, it's not too bad. My truck is for play so I deal with it. If I drove it otherwise, I would get disconnects like Doc.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tire G@# D$% Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tire G@# D$%   Tire G@# D$% I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tire G@# D$%
Page 1 of 1